Feelings Realized - Male!Nijigasaki Idols x Reader

Realistically speaking, falling in love with an up-and-coming school idol was the worst thing you could do, especially as a manager.  You hadn't meant to do so in the first place; if anything, you did everything in your power to make sure that everything would be professional.  But being stuck with handsome male idols more often than not was starting to take its toll on you.  It sucked, really sucked.  While you did share the same passion for helping idols like your fellow manager, Yu Takasaki, it didn't necessarily mean that you shared the same restraint she had when it came to favoring one member of the Nijigasaki school idol club members over another.  Honestly, how did it even come to this?

~

• Kai Asaka

  It had been one of those days when Kai had been held up at his part-time work as a magazine model.  Kazuto had all but demanded that you go and check on the boy to make sure that he wasn't purposefully skipping out on practice.  While the other members of the club denied that Kai would ever do such a thing, Kazuto had been having an off-day and was being snippier and bossier than usual.  Of course, Emmett, being the sweetheart that he was, volunteered to accompany you to go check on Kai.

  In the end, you kinda wished Emmett just went by himself.

  The moment you caught sight of Kai's sultry gaze into the camera, you knew that you were a goner.  It had always been common knowledge to you that the young man was incredibly attractive; of course, he was, he was a model.  Nevertheless, that hadn't prepared you for the jolt that your heart made when you saw him at work.

  "Ah, professional as ever." Emmett had hummed, waiting patiently alongside you on the sidelines of the studio.  You nodded slowly, completely entranced with a lack of words.

  It seemed like forever before the photoshoot was over; and even then, you were still in your flustered stupor.  You honestly wished you could've sunk into the floor, especially when Kai approached you and his best friend.

  "Surprise seeing you two here," the older boy coolly greeted, though he had his usual composed smile on his face.  Emmett had grinned and said something in response, but you were too busy trying not to focus on the enticingly placed moles that traced Kai's collarbone and hung out of his loose dress shirt.

  "—Y/N-san?" Emmett's voice had finally snapped you out of your dumb state. "Are you okay?"

  Perhaps it was the way Emmett looked concerned, or rather it was more likely the way that Kai observed you closely from where he stood, that made you jump back physically, a flush coming over your cheeks. "Huh? O—Oh, I'm fine. Totally fine." You didn't give the pair of third years a chance to question you further, even though they looked as if they had wanted to. "Let's go, huh? Kazuto's in a mood, so—,"

  "What was that about?" Emmett thought aloud as you had literally dashed from the two.

  Kai's eyes followed your figure, unreadable glint in his eye. "Who knows."

• Kanato Konoe

  Kanato's love for his younger sister was admirable—really, it was.  Even knowing this, it still never failed to surprise you how hardworking the young man was, contrary to your original assumption of him when the pair of you first met.  You quickly noticed that Kanato liked keeping his hardships to himself; however sad it was, you couldn't blame him.  After all, he was just selfless like that.

  However, there had been a moment where he had confided in you.  It shouldn't have felt that all that special.  After all, it was probably because you were a convenient ear to hear him, right?  But you still kept that moment saved in your heart, willing to wonder for however long if it had meant something more.