Who's the Real Monster? (Part 2) - Male!Beast!Setsuna x Reader (Request)

Ever since the night Li Zhu and Kazuto had revealed the real intention behind your imprisonment, you have found yourself paying more and more attention to the beast.  Well, the prince is probably what you should be calling him.  Or rather, Prince Nana.  Or should it be Prince Satsuo?  Whatever his name is!  Digression aside, it doesn't take too much time before you see how the beast is an almost completely different person than you had believed.  For instance, he's not as angry as one might think.  He's more so...sad, if anything.

  He spends the better half of his day in that same corridor that you had caught him in only days before. The one with the rose.  He stares aimlessly at the glass, eyes trailing the petals that flit about the flower, for what seems like hours.  The only time he spends outside of this is suppertime with you.  He has yet to ask you for another walk in the garden.  However, conversation at the dinner table has become less awkward.  You might even go as far as to say that you are beginning to enjoy the beast's company.  Whether or not this sudden enjoyment is a direct result of you finding out the truth, you're still unsure.

  "Does the prince like to do anything in particular?" At your sudden question, Shintaro, Kazuto, and Max stop hopping around on the countertop in the kitchen.  The young trio had been hopping in an attempt at waking a snoring Kanato from his usual slumber so that you could grab a fresh cup of tea.

  "What do you mean? Like a hobby?" Shintaro asks, his blue eyes peering up at you curiously.

  You think about his words and give a slow nod. "Yes, something along the lines of that."

  Max's brows furrow, "What's with the weird question?"

  "Nothing, really," you start softly before shrugging, "it's just, all I really see him do during the day is sit in that dark room and pout. Surely, even someone like him would have a pastime. Didn't he have hobbies before he became a beast?"

  "Oh, a lot!" Kazuto begins to hop again, this time jumping away from Kanato and over to you. "But they weren't really things that he liked doing. It was all music and language lessons that he was obligated to do as a young boy of royalty!"

  You tilt your head, frowning a bit. "How can those be called hobbies then?"

  "Well, in this kind of life, it's not like there's much time for hobbies." Max nudges Kanato, who only stirs in response.

  "But don't get us wrong, the prince wasn't an unhappy child by any means." Shintaro reassures, "In whatever spare time they had, his parents would often take him into the grounds for strolls. He always rather liked animals."

  "I see," you hum, "there wouldn't be any chance of him still liking animals, would there? Considering he is technically one now."

  "Doesn't hurt to try!" Kazuto smiles brightly.  Behind him, Shintaro and Max only just manage to wake Kanato.  The teapot yawns a groggy 'good morning' and allows Max to tilt him over to pour piping hot tea into Kazuto.

  "Are you possibly thinking about trying?" Shintaro asks, his tone hopeful as he allows you to take a scoop from the sugar within him. 

  You think about your answer quietly, stirring the sugar into the tea.  Kazuto giggles offhandedly, but you're too wrapped in your thoughts to gush and coo.  Will you actually allow yourself to come closer to the beast?  By personal choice?  If this had been only a few weeks prior, you would have thought the idea absurd.  But now, you have clear memories of how the beast had saved you from death and of how he guided you around that beautiful, beautiful garden.  And his gray eyes, how sad they always are.  Will you allow yourself to change that?  Will you even be able to?