Who's the Real Monster? (Part 3) - Male!Beast!Setsuna x Reader (Request)

You've never gathered yourself as the type to look breathtaking in a dress.  Or breathtaking in general.  Being the youngest of five sisters never gave you much opportunity to stand out in your own right, especially since your family never did have much.  With all that being said, Li Zhu has certainly managed to do what you thought was impossible.

  The look on your face is awestruck, all dazed eyes and parted lips.  But your face is not what you pay attention to through the mirror.  It's the deep scarlet gown on your body that captures you completely.  Your fingers trace themselves over the halter straps that fasten the dress to its sequined bodice, which extends into a wide bottom that sparkles as if it were a rose-filled, starry sky.  You've never worn anything quite so lovely, and you wonder if you even suit it at all.  Esepcially with the diamond necklace shining at your neck.

  Thankfully, it's not like you have much time to doubt yourself.  Not with Li Zhu and Kazuto fighting like they are over what kind of pin you should wear in your hair.  You think that the style of your hair is quite fine as it is, what with the way it's swept provocatively to one side where your neck and shoulder meet.  You lick your red-stained lips and look over to interject amidst the rather intense debate.

  "I don't think it really matters. I think I look okay as is."

  Immediately, Li Zhu and Kazuto turn to you with equally scandalized expressions. "What?!"

  "Don't be silly dear!" Li Zhu claps his doors open and close. "You look much more than just okay. You look fabulous!" The closet directs his sharp gaze to Kazuto, who stomps on your drawer angrily. "And you would look even more fabulous with the black pin!"

  "Red red red! There's literally no black on her! It'll look out of place!" Kazuto stomps a little louder. "Red pin, red pin, red pin!"

  "Have you never heard of something called color theory? I guess you wouldn't have since you've never picked up a book in your life! Too much red is going to make her look like an Eve ornament!"

  "You two, really, it doesn't ma—"

  "Yes, it does!" Both turn to you with distressed eyes, and your lips fall shut almost immediately. In their pin-filled frenzy, neither Li Zhu or Kazuto has an inclination to apologize or feel bad, so Emmett does it for them.

  "I think you would actually look lovelier with this pin." Emmett ruffles his feathered ends across the top of your mirror's drawer top.  There's a small piece of silver that twinkles beneath his feathers, and you silently wonder how you never noticed it there before. 

  It's a pin, though it is not anything like the other two that you—Li Zhu and Kazuto, more like—have been agonizing over.  This pin takes on the shape of a music note, and it sparkles so like your dress.  You can't really help it when you reach out to draw a finger over the ornament.  You decide without much trouble that you must have this.  So, while insults are hurled left and right behind you, the pin is placed against the flat part of your hair. 

You feel like a princess.

  "What is all this ruckus? Li Zhu, Kazuto, are you two seriously fighting over silly head ornaments—whoa." Shoichiro is a person—er, clock—of sophisticated vocabulary.  So when an interjection such as 'whoa' leaves his mouth mid-sentence and is not followed by any other words, you appropriately flush with pride and give a confident twirl for the room.

Finally, Li Zhu and Kazuto are no longer arguing.

  "Thank you," you bow towards Shoichiro once you have stand still once more.