Table Talk and Tree Destroying

Yosuga swallowed hard, looking down at her plate.  After closing her eyes and taking a breath, Yosuga looked up at her father. Boris Shimizu. He was an intimidating man. His green hair was shaven to almost but not quite bald. His green eyes were narrow and calculating with a scar just lighter than his tanned skin running from just above his thick right eyebrow to the bottom of his cheekbone. He was fairly big and muscular with a wide jawline.

"Today, I trained." Yosuga answered quietly.

"And?" Her father pushed. Minami stayed silent, eating her food. She hated this part of the day just as much as Yosuga did, but that didn't keep the ghost of a smirk from her face at her sister's expense.

"...And I passed the transformation jutsu test."

"You have done that already." Yosuga clenched her fists under the table. He was intentionally making her feel small and unaccomplished. She hated it. Huffing a short breath out of her nose, she clenched her jaw and looked away from her father. "I'm beginning to think you'll never get out of that academy of yours. How disappointing."

"I am graduating tomorrow." Yosuga spat, still looking away.

"No. You're taking the exam tomorrow. How well you do depends on whether or not you graduate."

"There is no doubt that I will pass." Yosuga concluded in a strong statement. Her father shrugged.

"You haven't shown much promise in your eleven years of training." This aggravated Yosuga the most. If there was anything she hated it was being looked down upon by her peers. Her family. Especially her father. She abruptly stood up from the table, making both her father and Minami look up at her in question.

"Excuse me." She announced before turning and walking away, putting on her shoes and waking out the door.

"Where are you going?" Minami asked, standing up from her spot at the table.

"Out." Yosuga spoke without turning around and ran off. She ran through the compound to the gate. It was just getting dark, the sun straining its last bit of light over the horizon before disappearing completely from sight. There were no guards on the compound due to the fact of the clan being quite powerful and filled with trained ninja who can very well take care of themselves.

‭Yosuga was just about out of breath when she reached the training ground. Once she got there, she stood right in front of her loathsome tree and stared at the barely noticeable hole she had put there that morning.

The absolutely impenetrable tree held little to no sighs of being tampered with in any way.  Yosuga yelled out in anguish, putting her hand in a tight chakra-filled fist. She punched the tree in front of her, breaking it in half.

"Stupid tree! Stupid chakra! Stupid kekkei genkai! Stupid Minami!" She continued punching everything in her line of fire. "Stupid-" Yosuga was forced to stop her rampage as a hand caught her fist. Yosuga looked at Takeshi in front of her, breathing heavily with a still slightly peeved look on her face while he held only a solemn one. He slowly let go of her fist, caressing his jarred wrist from her strong blow. They stared at each other in silence as Yosuga composed herself.

"Yosu-chan are you-" Takeshi was cut off by Yosuga's normally quiet voice.

"Why are you here? What do you want?" She had gone back to her blank, cold attitude. But even in her emotionless state, he could still see right through her. Takeshi furrowed his eyebrows and frowned.

"Really, Yosuga. Why are you so upset?" He asked softly, in hopes of getting her to open up to him again. Like before. He reached out to her, but she only stepped back. Instead of comforting, Yosuga found his tone rather condescending and irritating.

"I'm fine." She answered, turning away. Takeshi reached his hand out again to touch her shoulder.

"Yosu-"

"I said I'm fine!" She snapped, slapping his hand away. Takeshi was taken back a moment by the volume of her voice.

"Come on, Yosuga! Just tell me! Whats wrong? What can I do?" He called as Yosuga stormed off. She turned around, a scowl on her face. Takeshi took a slight step back. He'd never seen such a look on her face.

"There is nothing you can do, so leave me alone." She spat, swiftly turning around and using the trees to jump away.

Takeshi stood planted on the spot, too shocked to move. Never, in the eleven years they had been together has Yosuga ever acted this way. Not even when her mother was taken from her. He sighed and looked around at the totally destroyed training ground. Yosuga had really done a number on it. Half the trees surrounding the clearing lay in ruins, broken to pieces. She may not think herself strong, but she really was. Maybe all the condescending tones and harsh words had finally gotten to her. Maybe they had finally broke her.

Takeshi balled his hands into fists. Well if she was falling apart, then he'd just have to put her back together again, wouldn't he?

He started walking back to the compound. He really did hate his uncle for everything he had put her through.