The Second Exam's Beginning and Bad Feelings

"What is this place?" Naruto questioned as all the genin flooded into the area right outside a creepy looking fenced-in area.

"This is the location for the 'second exam', the 44th Training Field. Also known as... the Forest of Death." Anko answered his question, smirking. Takeshi's left hand twitched. He had a bad feeling about this place, like something bad was going to happen.

Suddenly, a rectangular box, decorated to look like a rock, started chasing Naruto. They went back and forth for a minute, before Naruto finally stopped running and confronted the box.

"Hey, Konohamaru! What do you want!?" He shouted.

"Just what I expect from the man I respect! Good job on figuring it out!" Konohamaru's voice was heard through the box before it blew up in a puff of smoke, leaving behind three children. The Konohamaru Gang. Yosuga placed a hand on her forehead, sighing at the children's antics.

"What's going on you guys?" Naruto questioned. "I'm about to take the second exam for the Chunnin Exam. I have no time to be playing around with you guys."

"We didn't come to play around!" Konohamaru argued.

"That's right! We came here for an interview!" Moegi added. Udon nodded in agreement.

"Interview?" Naruto raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, we were put in charge to write the feature article for the Chunnin Exam for the academy's class newspaper!" Konohamaru explained. Moegi smiled.

"So that's why we came to interview you, Leader!" She exclaimed. "Please cooperate with us!"

"But..." Naruto looked off to the side, signalling Yosuga to help him out with his eyes, to which she shrugged from her place next to Sasuke.

"You, over there! What are you doing!?" Anko walked up to them.

"Konohamaru here is asking about an interview for the class newspaper..." Naruto answered.

"Oh, I forgot that Lord Hokage mentioned something like that." Anko grinned sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck before turning to the rest of the genin. "All right! Take a ten minute break starting now! For those who will be interviewed, resign yourselves and be courteous!"

Thus, the interviews started.

***

Thus, the interviews ended.

"I do not like the looks of this place." Shivers ran down Yosuga's spine as she watched an unusually large centipede crawl it's way up a tree from her place on the other side of the fence.

"The Forest of Death. You'll soon realise why it's called that." Anko chuckled darkly. Naruto huffed, jutting out his bottom and swaying his hips.

"'The Forest of Death. You'll soon realise why it's called that.' That kind of threat won't work on me one bit! I'm not scared!" He danced, mimicking Anko's voice terribly.

"Really?" Anko smiled. "You've got a lot of energy." A kunai flew out of her hand, flying right past Naruto, leaving a small cut on his cheek. She appeared right behind him. "A kid like you dies at the very beginning, dappled with the red blood I like." Before Anko could do anything more, a woman with an abnormally long tongue wrapped around a kunai stood behind her.

"I'm returning your... kunai knife." The woman spoke. Another wave of shivers spread through Yosuga's body like wildfire. She now loathed the whole second exam.

"Thank you for taking the trouble." Anko took the kunai back, and the woman's tongue retreated back into her mouth. "But don't stand behind me, thirsty for blood. If you don't want a quick death."

"Well, it's my nature to act up at the sight of blood. And my precious hair was cut, so I got excited." The woman retreated back to her spot, passing right by Yosuga, sending yet another wave of shivers through Yosuga. Too many people are getting "excited" in these exams. Yosuga scowled.

"Evidently, we've got a lot of hot blooded kids this time. This will be fun." Anko grinned, moving back in front of the fence that surrounded The Forest of Death. "Well, before we start the second exam, I have to pass this out to you!" She took a stack of papers out of her coat. "It's a consent form. Before you can take part in the test you have to sign this."

"Why?" Naruto asked. Anko smirked.

"From here on out, corpses are going to come out. I have to get your consent to that, or it'll be my responsibility!" Anko laughed. "Well, I'm going to start the explanation for the second exam. In a word, the limits of your survival will be challenged. First, I'll give you step-by-step instruction on the terrain of this Training Field. Training Field Number 44 is surrounded by forty-four locked entrance gates. There are rivers and a forest and a tower in the middle. It's about ten kilometres from the towers to the gate. In this confined area, you will go through a certain survival program. The contents of which are... an anything goes scroll battle!

"I want you to fight for two scrolls, the Heaven Scroll and the Earth Scroll. All together, twenty-six teams got through the first test. Half of them, thirteen teams get the Heaven  Scroll, the other half gets the Earth Scroll. I'll hand over one scroll to each team. To put it simply, that's what you're vying for." Anko explained.

"And the conditions for passing?" Sasuke urged.

"Three of you bring both the Heaven and Earth Scrolls to the tower in the centre." Anko answered.

"That means that of the twenty-six teams, half of us with fail for sure." Ryuu narrowed his eyes.

"Except it has to be in time. For this second exam, the time limit is one hundred and twenty hours. Do it in exactly five days!"

"Five days!?" Ino interjected.

"What will we do about food!?" Choji added.

"Be self sufficient! It's a treasure trove in the wilderness. There's more than enough for food." Anko shook her head.

"Though, it's teeming with fierce man-eating animals, poison bugs, poisonous weeds, and much more." Kabuto informed like the know-it-all he was. Yosuga didn't like him at all.

"Precisely!" Anko grinned. "Alright, sign your consent forms and exchange them for a scroll at the booth, then we'll all start simultaneously."

***

Yosuga cracked her neck as her team stood in front of their respective gate. Now was the time. She fidgeted with anxiety, shifting from foot to foot and clenched and unclenching her hands restlessly. She was ready for this to start already, what was taking so long?

"We now start the second test of the Chunnin Exam!" As if on que, the gate opened, and they dashed into the woods.