It Begins Part I

"We sure have a couple people missing." Yosuga observed. Naruto, Sasuke, and that Dosu guy had yet to show up. She was wearing a different outfit today, since her other outfit had been ruined from her last mission. She wore a black short-sleeved crop top with her clan symbol on the back, and baggy black pants that cuffed at her ankles. She had black pads on her elbows with her forehead protector on her forehead as usual.

"And we're about to start, too..." Shikamaru added with a sigh.

"Well it's less people to fight so I guess that's a good thing?" Daisuke shrugged, but sheepishly smiled when Yosuga glared at him. "But darn where are those guys? They better get here soon."

As if on que, Naruto flew in, skidding to a stop in front of Shikamaru. Yosuga's eyebrow twitched in annoyance.

"Well that's one way to make an entrance." Ryuu chided.

"What a drag." Shikamaru complained as he helped Naruto to his feet.

"Guys, run! A large herd of stampeding bulls is coming!" Naruto exclaimed when he came to.

"Naruto." Yosuga hissed. She gestured for him to look around when he turned to her, not without a small blush creeping to his cheeks. Though, his eyes widened when he finally took a second to observe his surroundings.

"Huh? Where's Sasuke?" He questioned.

"The Dosu guy I'm supposed to fight isn't here either." Shikamaru added.

"Hey, don't be restless!" The proctor spoke. "Show your faces to the spectators!" Naruto looked up to the crowd, whereas Yosuga glared at everyone who even looked like they were making eye contact with her, even if she could just barely make out their faces. "You are the final round of the Chunnin Exams."

"Everyone! Thank you very much for coming to watch the Chunnin Exams in the Hidden Leaf Village. We will now begin the "final round" matches for the remaining twelve competitors! Please watch until the end!" The Hokage spoke from his seat.

"Before we begin, there is something I must show you." The proctor took a folded piece of paper from his jacket. "There was a slight change in the tournament. Check who you will be facing one more time." There was no change with Yosuga. She would still be facing Minami first.

"Hey, hey! Sasuke still isn't here. What'll happen?" Naruto asked, a hand raised.

"In the event that a competitor does not arrive at the time of his match, he or she will be disqualified." The proctor answered. "Listen up! The terrain is different, but the rules remain the same as they were in the preliminaries. There are no rules. The matches will continue until one or the other dies, or acknowledges defeat. However, if I judge that the match has been settled, I will stop it right there. No argument will be allowed. Understood? Now the first match will be Naruto Uzumaki, and Hyuga Neji. Just those two remain. Everyone else, go up to the waiting room."

As Yosuga walked away, she mumbled a few words to Naruto.

"You better not lose, dork." Naruto smirked, a flame sparking in him.

"Not a chance." He responded.

***

Yosuga's heart skipped a beat. Naruto was okay, he had won. That wasn't the problem. The problem was that her match was next. She bit her lip, taking a deep breath. She felt a hand on her shoulder, and she tensed.

"You'll be fine. You'll win for sure." Naruto reassured, giving her a smile. Yosuga relaxed a bit.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right. I just- I don't think-"

"You're going to be fine. Don't worry, you're strong. You can beat her." Naruto interrupted her. Yosuga took another deep breath before hardening.

"I'll win for sure." She nodded sternly. She stood straight. "Thanks, Naruto." Yosuga made her way into the arena, her heart beating loudly as she looked at her sister before her. Looking into her eyes, they both made an unspoken agreement with eachother.

They would become Chunnin, no matter what.

---

Lol sorry it's super short. I was going to write the actual fight here, but I like the line I ended it with, so this will be the first of two or three chapters. Part 2 will be posted soon!