Blind and Passing

The bell rang, but Yosuga was still unable to see, so she stayed lying in the grass. She cursed herself. Yosuga heard footsteps coming towards her and shot up.

"Who's there?" She demanded to know, her head turned in the direction she sensed a presence.

"Me." Sasuke's voice filled her ears, to which Yosuga calmed down. After a moment, Sasuke spoke up again. "Aren't you going to get up? We have to go." Yosuga scowled, not wanting to admit her weakness. Right now, she was vulnerable, and she hated it. Though she wasn't going to get anywhere sitting there, and she supposed they would figure it out sooner or later.

"It would be... Dangerous for me to move in my current state." She grumbled reluctantly.

"Why?" Sasuke queried. Yosuga grit her teeth.

"I'm blind." She spat. Her answer was met with a moment of silence before she heard Sasuke let out a sigh and felt a hand on her arm, pulling her to her feet. His hand traveled from her elbow to her hand and held it. A faint involuntary blush made its way into her face. "What are you doing?"

"Guiding you." Sasuke stated bluntly.

And so he guided her to the meeting place, helping her over fallen trees and steering her away from the ones that were still standing. Yosuga had a hard time accepting the help, but didn't have much of a say in the matter anyways. Once they reached the meeting spot, the last ones there, Sasuke sat her next to Naruto, who was tied to a log. On the other side of him sat Sakura who seemed a bit upset over Sasuke and Yosuga's hand holding but kept her mouth shut. Sasuke went to sit on the other side of her, which made her happy for the time being.

Kakashi stood infront of the four genin as their stomach rumbled in hunger. Yosuga didn't have time to even think about breakfeast that morning, but it's not like she ever had anything more than an apple most times.

"Oh, your stomachs are growling..." Kakashi observed. "By the way, about this excersize... Well! There's no need for you guys to go back to the Academy."

Naruto grinned happily and Yosuga lifted her eyebrows in question, turning her head in Kakashi's general direction while Sasuke smirked. Sakura on the other hand looked delighted but confused at the same time.

"All I didn't was scream and faint. Do you get points for that?" She questioned. Yosuga remembered hearing Sakura scream earlier while she was blind.

"Then, then! That means the four of us..." Naruto started off while Kakashi finsihed.

"Yes. The four of you... must quit being Ninja!" The kids froze.

"Quit being Ninja? What does that mean!?" Naruto shouted, flailing his legs around. "Uh, well it's true, we weren't able to take the bells. But why do we have to be told to 'quit'!?"

"That's because you're all squirts who don't have the qualifications to become Ninja." Kakashi replied calmly. Yosuga's eyebrows were furrowed, and her hands were balled into tight fists. Her father wouldn't be happy about this. How would she beat Minami now? Sasuke got up and ran at kakashi, the sound of his feet pounding on the ground. Yosuga blinked, wishing she could see what was happening. Her vision was slowly starting to clear up, but everything was still blurry. She could hear strange ragged breathes from Sasuke.

"Hey, you can't step on Sasuke like he's some bug!" Sakura screeched.

"I'm saying you're squirts. Are you kids thinking that being a ninja is easy? Huh? Why do you think you're doing this exercise in teams?" Kakashi ignored Sakura.  Yosuga was taken aback by his question. "Put simply... it's as if you guys have no understanding of the answer to this test."