Boats and Blades

Yosuga sat in the boat, her arms crossed as she tried to see through the thick fog. She squinted. Giving up on be able to see, she closed her eyes.

"We should be able to see the bridge soon." The boat rower announced. "If we move along the side of the bridge, we'll be at the Country of the Wave." Everyone looked around and waited for the bridge to come into sight. It was a moment before they could see it, but when they did Naruto was the first to say something.

"Wow! It's huge!" He yelled, looking up at the bridge. Yosuga lifted her eyebrows at the large mass as they passed it.

"Hey, quiet! We're using this boat and hiding in the mist. That's why I'm rowing instead of using the engine. In other words, if we get caught, we'll be in trouble." The boat rower hushed. Naruto covered his mouth with his hands.

"Gosh Naruto, do you want us to get caught?" Sakura scorned.

"Tazuna," Kakashi called. "Before the boat gets to the pier, there's something I need to ask you. The identity of the ones who are after you, and the reason they are after you. Or we can call this mission off when you get ashore." Yosuga peered over to where Tazuna and Kakashi were sitting, as did everyone else.

"It looks like I'll have to tell you the real story. I mean, I would like for you to hear my story. As you said, this mission is most likely out of your job description. An extremely terrible man is after my life." Tazuna explained. Yosuga lifted her eyebrow.

"Who is it?" Kakashi asked.

"You should have all at least heard of the name... Marine transportation billionaire Gatoh."

"Gatoh? The one from the Gatoh Company?" Kakashi's eyes widened. "He's one of the richest men in this world."

"Who's that? What?" Naruto questioned.

"Naruto, shush!" Sakura hushed.

"Yes. He is the president of the marine transportation company on the outside, but underground he uses gangs and ninjas to smuggle drugs and contraband goods. He also does nasty jobs like takeovers of other countries and companies. A year ago, he set his sights of the Country of the Wave. He entered this country using violence and wealth as his shield and he quickly took over the island's sea traffic and transportation. The one thing he fears is the bridge that's been under construction for quite some time." Tazuna explained.

"And you, building the bridge, have become an obstacle to Gatoh." Sakura nodded in understanding.

"Then those ninjas were sent by Gatoh." Sasuke nodded too. Naruto looked like he didn't understand the situation at all, while Yosuga just chose not to speak.

"But I don't understand. This is a dangerous mission, why did you hide that fact when you came to us?" Kakashi asked.

"The Country of the Wave is a poor country. We don't have the money to request for an expensive B-Rank or above mission-" Yosuga cut Tazuna off.

"So instead you decided to put this under a C-Rank? Exactly how much help were you expecting a couple of genin and a jounin to be? Did you even think of the amount of help you would get with a C-Ranked mission, who's priority is set just above house chores?" She questioned, her eyebrows furrowing. "A mission like this is out of a group of genins' league."  Sasuke glared at her. She was underestimating his power. He was strong, and he would prove it. Kakashi and Sakura nodded, recognizing that she did have a point, while Naruto sat with a clueless look on his face, still not understanding the situation.

"But if you quit your mission after I land, I'll be killed for sure. While I go home." Tazuna defended. "But you shouldn't blame yourselves. Only my cute eight year old grandson will cry and cry and cry some more. And my daughter will just hold a grudge against Konoha ninja and live a lonely life."  Everyone else looked like they were deciding what to do except for Yosuga, who crossed her arms defiantly, not giving into Tazuna's guilt trip.

"I guess it can't be helped. We will continue escorting you." Kakashi agreed. Yosuga rolled her eyes at her team's gullibility.

"That's good to hear!" Tazuna rejoiced.

"We're almost there." The boat rower informed as they got closer to shore. They went through a tunnel before coming out the other side, free of fog and surrounded by a small village. The boat rower left them as they reached the dock and got off.

"All right, take me home safely." Tazuna started walking with Team Seven following. Naruto walked ahead, throwing kunai around in random places, trying to beat Sasuke. Yosuga's heart leaped every time he did so. She clicked her tongue, kicking Naruto in the back of his knees so he would fall.

"Naruto." She scolded as he fell foreword on his knees. "Cut it out."

"Yeah Naruto you nearly gave me a heart attack!" Sakura shouted.

"But I really did sense something!" Naruto whined. Yosuga looked to where he threw his knife to see a white bunny.

"You sensed a rabbit. Rabbits are not-"

"Everyone duck!" Kakashi shouted as a large blade sliced through the air. Everyone dove for the ground as the blade soared over their heads and embedded itself in a tree. Yosuga looked up to see a man standing on the handle of the blade, his back facing them. She automatically pulled out a kunai. Another mist ninja. Kakashi put his hands in his pockets. "Oh, my, my, you are Zabuza Momochi, the exiled ninja of the Hidden Mist Village." Naruto tried to run up to him but was held back by Kakashi. "You're in the way, stand back everyone."

"Why!?" Naruto shrieked.

"He's way different from the guys we met before. If he's our enemy... I'll be needing this." Kakashi held his forehead protector. Yosuga stood in her place. She could tell this guy was different from the other two mist ninjas. His aura and demeanor screamed deadly.

"I'm guessing you're Kakashi the Copycat Ninja." Zabuza remarked. "I'm sorry, but I'll need you to hand over the geezer.

"Everyone, form the swastika formation. Protect Tazuna. Don't join the battle. To not interfere with the battle is teamwork." Kakashi lifted his forehead protector up, showing a red eye with a scar across it.

"I'm honored that I can see the Sharingan that I've heard about." Zabuza turned around.

"You guys have been saying Sharingan, but what is it?" Naruto questioned. Yosuga furrowed her eyebrows. She had heard of it, but she wasn't exactly sure what it did.

"Sharingan. The eye creates it, and it is the power that the pupil generates. One who uses doujutsu are said to have eye powers that can see through all genjutsu, taijutsu, and ninjutsu, and cancel their effects. Sharingan is one of the various types of eyes that those doujutsu users possess. But that's not the only ability the Sharingan possesses." Sasuke explained.

"Correct, that isn't it. The scary part is that Sharingan can understand how an opponent's technique works, and copy it. Let's cut the chit-chat here. I have to kill that geezer right away." Zabuza bent down on the handle of his blade. The four genin quickly gathered around Tazuna, creating a protective barrier.

"But, Kakashi, it seems I have to defeat you first."