Chapter 8

Y/N POV

"Y/N!" "Y/N how does it feel to know that your ex fiancé got one of the best football players locked up?" "Tom Brady isn't locked up and Odell definitely isn't one of the best. As far as how I feel? I feel amazing thanks for asking." I say with a smile at the end. I walk into the store with Cheylise holding onto my hand with a strong grip.
Once we get inside Chey looks up at me. "Mama I thought we aren't supposed to answer the questions they ask us? That's what Titi Yonni told me." "Yeah you aren't but sometimes Mama has to. I don't like to but sometimes it's necessary." "But why did they ask you about Mr. Odell? Is it because what of he did to Mami, Lia, and Leo?" I look down and pick her up. "Hello, welcome how can I help you today?" "Hi, can I get those slides in the light pink in a 8 in woman's and 3 in girls. Then can I get two pairs of those sandals in 5c. That's all." She nods her head and goes get the shoes.
"Chey be honest with mama, did you know that Mami was getting hurt?" I say in a whisper cautious about who is around. She looks me in the eyes and nods her head slow. "We'll talk about it in the car okay? You're not in trouble baby girl." She nods her head and puts her head on my shoulder. I walk towards the register once I seen her with all four pairs of shoes.

    Once she told me the total I place my card into the card reader

    Once she told me the total I place my card into the card reader. "I'm sorry didn't want to ask but I'm a huge fan. Can I please get a picture?" I smile and nod my head. "Chey do you wanna be in the picture?" She shakes her head and I put her down and tell her to stand close as I take the picture. Once it was taken I grab the bags along with Chey's hand make my way out of the store. "Mama, are we still going to Uncle Chris' house? I want to play with Roro." "Yes because you're staying for Roro's sleepover and I'll give everyone their gifts." "But mama, you didn't get Titi Mani and Lolo gifts." I look down at her with a straight face while she's looking at me with a smile. I chuckle and shake my head. "How about I give the some money in a card instead?" "Can we give them $20 each?" I laugh and nod my head. "I like how you're talking Cheybay."
    Once we reach the car, I open the trunk and put the bags inside then close it. I open the backdoor of the Range Rover and put Chey in and close the door. I make my way to the drivers seat and get in. I put my seatbelt on and turn around making sure that Chey had on hers. I turn the car on and put it in drive making my way to Chris' house. "Chey, how did you know that Mami was getting hurt?" I say as I look at her through the rearview mirror. "Well, I sometimes heard her screaming in the room and he was yelling at her. The other time she came into the room when we was sleeping. Mama he no like you." "I know he doesn't. Has he ever tried to hurt you?" "No mama. He hurt Lia though he hit her for crying. I told him no and he say he do what he want. So I hit him because no one messes with my sister. He called me a brat and I said I know I am." She says as she shakes her head.
    I shake my head. "Remember when you had to go to court baby?" I look in the mirror to see her nodding her head. "Well Mami, Lia, and Leo are going to have to go too. If they want to ask you some questions about it will you be willing to answer and talk to them?" "Are they going to make him go away for a long time like they did the other guys? Because I don't want him to hurt the babies no more. They were crying a lot." "Yeah baby he will." She nods her head. "Yeah mama I will speak." I nod my head turning into Chris' driveway nodding my head at his security. I pull in and park. Both me and Cheylise take our seat belts off and I get out and run to the other side of the car to help my baby girl out. Once she was fully out we walked to the door and I knocked on it.
Chris opens the door and Chey immediately runs to him. "Uncle Breezy!!!" "Hey baby girl. How are you?" He says as he picks her up and kisses her cheek and daps me up. He turns around and walks inside while talking to Chey. I walk in behind him closing and locking the door. I walk into the living room and see that he had put her down. "Well Roro is upstairs waiting for you so you can start you guys' sleepover." She lets out a little squeal and hugs him then runs upstairs.
"What's up with you, you good now that he's gone? He ain't look like he got beat up. It look like you ain't even touch him." "That's because I didn't. Dinah told me not to. I was about to go do it and then she called and I had to dead that. She started talking about he's gonna snitch, I'll end up in jail, I'll miss the kids, my career, my sisters,.... her." He looks at me confused. "So you telling me, you stopped your whole plan to get back at this women and kid beater by beating him up and give him hell to feel the shit that he put them through. To just letting him getting taken by the feds?" I turn my head at an angle and give him a look. "Yeah basically. I did the most logic thing to do apparently. I still wanna beat his ass though." He chuckles and then raises his eyebrow. "Is he going to upstate New York or is he coming out here. Because I know some people in LA County." "To be honest I think he might be coming out here. I think their going to transport him or some shit. Imma ask Yonni." "She's representing them in the case?" "You know damn well she is. She does not play when it comes them kids and Dinah. She knows Dinah is my better half and believes that we going to be together again. She loves that girl."
"Yonni is just catching all the good cases huh? First Cheylise and now the twins and D? Did y'all start the process of everything yet though?" He asks. "Dinah said that they took her phone because she has proof of evidence of pictures and messages. Then they took pictures of her down at the station. Matter of fact after here I gotta grab her a new phone, she's been using one of her old ones." I say. "That same night I moved her into the house that I had built and when I came back that night I ended up staying there." "YALL slept in the same bed??" He asked shocked. I nod my head. "I didn't even wanna go inside. I was supposed to show her that I came back and then head to the crib, but she wanted and begged me to stay. We talke-" "Yall talked?" "Dude shut up and let me finish." I say with an eye roll. "Anyways, we talked everything out and how I'm about to start therapy and if we wanted to try it again so I asked her out. I took her on a date last night and it went very well honestly."
" 'It WeNt VeRy WeLl HoNeStLy'. Shut up. So you got your girl back?" I hold my finger up. "Trying to get my girl back. Key word is trying. Mind you I did some shit I never said I was going to do." "You ate her ass?" I shake my head fast. "No I did not. Hell no. I ate raw fish. When did we get to anything sexual?" He shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know I honestly wanted to see if you did that type of shit. But let's go to the studio, so I can go back to this damn slumber party that should've been held at your house." I look at him and roll my eyes. "Man this is for your daughter's birthday."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~