Chapter 5

3 Months Later

Dinah POV

   "When were you going to tell me?" Y/N asks me. "What are you talking about?" I say clueless. "Dinah you know what I'm talking about. You know that I know that you know what I'm talking about, so stop playing dumb and answer the question." "I really don't know what you're talking about Y/N/N." She scoffs and grabs one of the baby wipes out the container off the coffee table. She comes close to me and I try to move away from her but she wipes my neck. "I'm talking about the damn handprints on your damn neck. Let alone whatever bruises that are under the make up that's on your damn face." You could hear the venom seeping out of her voice. I look down as I feel the tears fall down my face. I've never liked Y/N yelling at me or even being mad at me.
   "How long has he been doing this to you?" I look up at her and I see that her face and eyes have soften. "9 months." "WHAT?!? Dinah, he's been doing this for damn near a year and you haven't told no one or haven't tried leaving?" I shake my head instantly. "I've tried doing both.  I've tried to tell his mom, my parents, and even you!" "Tell me? When have you ever tried to tell me because he wouldn't be walking around here as if everything was fine." "All those times I told you that I needed to speak to you and everybody was interrupting. I was trying to tell you. But the only person that ended up figuring out what was happening was August. And he-"
    "August? As in August Alsina?" "That's the only August that I know. He was able to figure out what was happening just from me recording and breaking down."
       She gives me a sour and confused face. "Recording? Breaking down? When did you start talking to August let alone record with him? Matter of fact the question actually is WHY are you talking to him and recording with him?" I shake my head knowing she was going to act like this. "Because he offered me a beat for a song, Y/N. He just reached out to me and asked about the kids seeing as he still is a god parent." I said while shrugging my shoulders. "Anyways back to the situation at hand, the one question I want to ask you is has he put his hands on my kids Dinah? Because there is no reason why you would just randomly tell me that the kids would start living with me." I look down with tears running down my face and nod my head slightly. "He put his hands on both of them. He threw Kaleo at the door and he pulled Kalia out of the car after picking them up from your house. Y/N I promise you I wanted to tell you, but every time I tried we just kept getting interrupted.-" "You mean to tell me he put his hands on both of my kids and you Dinah? I don't know about you but nah this man ain't living." She says as she puts her shoes on and heads to the door.
   "Y/N! NO!' I yell and grab her arm making her turn around. "Dinah I don't know if you know, but you should seeing as you dated me, but I'm not going to allow another man to put his hands on my kids. Ive been through that and Cheylise has been through that. I didn't want them going through that and since this man thinks that he can do it, its time for me to put my hands on him." "Y/N no! They need you! We need you. I need you." I say the last sentence softly as I start to sob.
      I fall down to my knees and cry. I feel her walk away from me and hear her walk back. She bends down and lifts my head up and wipes my face with a napkin and a make up wipe. "Sorry Dinah. I'm sorry I wasn't there. I'm sorry I let everyone interrupt me. I'm sorry he put his hands on you. I'm-" "Y/N stop. Its not your fault. It's mine. I should've tried harder to tell you." I say as I wipe away her tears. "I love you Y/N. I've never stopped. And I know I'm late in telling you this, but I'd rather tell you now then never." I say as I look into her eyes. "Dinah you can't do this. You can't tell me this now when I'm with somebody else. Not when I'm starting to fall in love with them."
I look at her with wide eyes. I shake my head with tears going down my face not believing a word she's saying. "No, you're not. Please tell me you're lying." She shakes her head. "I'm sorry Dinah, but I am. I really like Dani and I'm happy with her. She makes me happy." I look down and shake my head. "Y/N, I thought you wanted us?"
She bites her lip and shakes her head. "I thought I did Dinah, I thought I did. You showed me that you didn't want me by being with him. And now you expect me to drop everything that I am doing and just run back into your arms?!! It doesn't work that way Dinah.  You can't just have me when you want. You told me to choose what I wanted. You dodge me for two years Dinah!! Two years!! telling me 'oh show me that you want me and your family then we can get back together.'" She says mocking me. "But did you wait? No. But I did. I had to wait and watch you go be with someone else. So if this is harder or unfair to anybody it would be for me!" She says as she gets up and walk towards the stairs. "Just leave Dinah. I hope you get away from him. You know who to call when you need help." She says as she walks up the stairs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~