Chapter 2

Y/N's POV

"Excuse me Normani? Did I just hear you correctly? Did you just say that you think that Odell Beckham Jr. is putting his hands on Dinah and my kids?" I ask as my hands start to ball up into fist and the anger clear in my voice.
"Yeah you did. I only think that because when Dinah came over the other day to drop off the kids Kaleo had a bruise on his leg and it didn't look like he fell down like Dinah told me. It looked like he got hit with something. And then when I grabbed the diaper bag from Dinah I noticed hand prints on her wrist and around her neck was covered heavily with makeup like she was trying to hide something. It wasn't like she was covering hickies because even when she does get them she doesn't cover them up that much."
"Normani that doesn't mean that he put his hands on Kaleo. The kids do go to daycare so he could've gotten hit with something there and Dinah didn't tell Y/N." Chris says. She tilts her head. "Oh really then why wasn't Y/N notified about it?"
"Because they usually notify the parent that picks them up." Chris says in a duh tone. "Normani he does have a point about Kaleo, but with Dinah its clear that he is beating on her. The only thing is that Dinah wouldn't tell me if he was because she knows that I would freak out. I could ask but I need to see for myself. Ill ask her though for the sake of her and my kids."
"Thats all I ask for Y/N. I care about the three of them and I know that you do too. Thats why I had to tell you." I nod my head understanding what she's saying. "Thank you Mani." I say as she gets up and heads for the door. I walk her to the door and close it when she walks out.
" So what are you going to do if he is beating on the twins and Dinah?" Chris asks me. "Its not going to look good for him. He isn't going to be able to play football anymore." I say with anger present in my voice through gritted teeth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"When you pull up to my side, babe
Speedin' down that 101 highway
Movin' too fast, couldn't see the place
But you see that look on my face, so you know
What it is
Pedal to the medal, all gas, no brake
Girl, I would never get in your way
I'ma shut up and let you drive
Put that thing to the floor, one for the road"

I take off the headphones when I hear the beat stop. I look up and see DaniLeigh and the engineer looking at me. "How was that?" I say into the mic. DaniLeigh starts cheesing and nods her head frantically. "That was perfect!" I hear her yell. I smile and shake my head while walking out the booth. Once I'm out Dani comes and hugs me. "I made the right choice in choosing you on this song. I was gonna choose Chris but I was like damn why not his best friend?" I laugh and hug her back. "I'm glad you chose me too. I loved the regular version. To me it honestly didn't need a remix."
"It probably didn't but I wanted to put a guys perspective on it too." Dani says as she pulls away and looks up at me. "I get what your saying. But I need to do my adlibs and sing on the chorus I don't need to do that now. I can do it at my house if you want. And then I'll send it in to mix and master it and then I'll send the final version to you if you want?" I ask her. "Yeah that's fine. I wanna get out of here. You wanna go get something to eat?" "Yeah. Let me just get this file real quick." I grab the flash drive from the engineer and dap him up. Me and Dani grab our things and head out the door to the front of the studio building. Through the glass I can see paparazzi outside I throw my head back and let out a groan. "Are you used to them yet? I know you really just started getting noticed." "I mean to a little bit of them being around but this is a lot." I nod my head and grab her hand and we head out the door. Dani bows her head as I keep my head up to walk to my car. I take my keys out of my pocket and click the button to unlock it and walk to the passenger side to open the door and wait for her to get in. Once she's fully in I close the door and run over to the drivers side and get in and start the car.
"Where do you want to go to eat?" I ask her once I pull out of the lot going right. "In & Out?" I nod my head and proceeding to route.
~~~~~~~~~~
"So I have a question?" Dani says as we sit at the little park in a secluded section. "And I might have an answer." "Why are you still single? I mean it's none of my business but I've wondered." She asks as she takes a bite of her burger. Ultimately leaving ketchup on the corner of her mouth. I grab a napkin and wipe the side of her mouth.
"Well I guess... I don't know. Honestly I was trying to change for Dinah. I was doing everything I possibly could to get her back but obviously she doesn't want the same. I spent two years of my life chasing after someone that doesn't care. She didn't have to play with my heart like that." I say sadly. Dani puts her hand on my back. "Hey, I didn't mean to upset you. I just wanted to ask. Sorry for being nosy." I shake my head. "It's not your fault Dani. It's been on my mind for a minute now anyways I just guess it's officially done between me and her since she wants to be with him." I say as I roll my eyes at the last sentence. "If you want my opinion, I don't think they go together. But if that's where she's happy then you gotta let her go. It's great to have something good when it's your time but when your time is over you need to let it go." She says as she looks at me. I look right back at her. "I did let her go. It's just... I don't know. Something is just telling me not to give up on her, but she's already given up on me." "Maybe you just need somebody else." I raise my eyebrow "Pffft like who?" I see her eyes move down to my lips then back up to mine. "Me." "Dani, I can't do that to you. I got three kids with two baby mothers. You don't need that in your life." She rolls her eyes and smiles. "I am able to determine what I need in my life. I'm a big girl Y/N, I can handle whatever comes my way."