Chapter 21

Y/N POV

       "Mama wake up! Your party is today!" I hear a voice yell. I feel bouncing on my abdomen. I open my eyes and see Chey and the twins in front of me. "Okay, okay. I'm up!" I say groggily. "Goodmorning babies." "Morning mama." They say together. "Y'all breaths stink. Did you brush your teeth?" I ask. They shake their heads. "How about you guys go brush your teeth and I do the same and I'll meet you guys downstairs?" They nod their heads and run out the room. I pick up my phone on my nightstand and read the time. 8:30. I put it down and sit up. I look next to me and see Dinah still sleep.
       This girl can sleep through anything. I kiss the side of her head and get up and make my way into the bathroom. I brush my teeth and wash my face. Once I'm done, I get out of the bathroom and make my way out of the room. I head downstairs and into the kitchen. When I walk in the kitchen I see Ayana cooking. "Glad you didn't set the house on fire while we were all sleep." I say as I go in the fridge and grab a bottle of water. "I know how to cook, thank you. You ready for your party?" "Yeah I am. Tae is supposed to be coming here to do everybody's hair soon. So if the doorbell rings it's either him or the party planner. Or Dinah's makeup people. So you guys can just open the door. The younger ones are going first. After they eat I'm going to send them to shower. They could put on house clothes until it's close to the time to start getting ready. Oh and Uncle Ray, nana, Auntie Drea, and Uncle Derrick are coming here in like an hour. Just show them to their rooms. Uncle Ray can sleep in the bedroom in the studio." I tell her. "So I'm hosting?" She asks. "Pretty much. So you're going to need more food than that. Tell Ana to help you." I say. I grab a piece of bacon off the plate on the counter. "I'm going to wake up Ashley and Dinah." I say as turn back out the kitchen.
        I walk over to the stairs as I see the kids coming downstairs. "I can smell you guys breaths from here. Smell like bubblegum. Go eat. Tae is going to be here soon to do you guys hair. So after you guys eat it's bath time okay?" They all nod their heads. "Titi Ashley is coming down. She's brushing her teeth." Chey says. "Okay go eat. Titi Yaya is cooking. She made pancakes." I tell them and they try and run all the way downstairs. I continue my journey upstairs and go into Ashley's room first. "Leelee, Yaya is cooking downstairs. After you eat, wash up and put on house clothes. Tae is going to be here to do your hair." I yell into the room. "Okay!" I hear her yell back. I walk out of the room and head to my bedroom. Once I get in the room I lock the door. I look at the bed to see Dinah still sleep.
       I make my way to the bed and climb in next to Dinah. I move her hair out her face and peck her lips. She's still sleep. I use my thumb to play with her bottom lip and to no avail she's still sleep. Alright time for Plan C. I get out the bed and pull the blanket back. I raise my hand high. "I know if you slap my ass with the hand that's cocked back I will break up with you that second and we're never getting back together." I hear her mumble. I pout as she turns and sits up in the bed. "Fix your face." She says. "You was really gonna break up with me?" "Your hands aren't small. That would've hurt. Yes I would've broke up with you." I roll my eyes. I climb onto the bed and lay in between her legs and put my head on her lap. "You ready for today?" I nod my head. "Yeah I'm just ready to chill with everybody. Uncle Ray is coming." "That's Stanley's dad right?" I nod my head. "Is Stanley coming?" "No. I don't talk to Stanley anymore." "Why not?" "He tried to get with you and Melanie. You think I'm going to talk to him?" "You can't cut everyone off when you don't like one thing." She says to me. "If that's the case I would've cut off a lot of family members." "It's not because I didn't like it. It's the principle of the matter. He was trying to talk to both of my baby mothers. That's against every code in the book. Family, bro all of that." "Well I invited him to come." "D, really?" I ask. "I didn't know you guys wasn't talking. You guys can talk it out." I let out a groan. "Fine. Just don't expect a happy ending." "Oh I'm expecting it. He can apologize and you'll accept it. You already don't have enough family members as is. You can accept your cousin's apology."
       I roll my eyes and she hits my head. "Stop being hard headed. Stop rolling your eyes too." "You ain't gonna keep hitting me. I know that." "What are you going to do?" "Dinah don't start that shit. I ain't never laid my hands on you. I never will. You just aren't going to lay your hands on me." I say seriously. She pushes me off of her and gets up and walks to the bathroom. "I don't see why your mad right now. I know you don't want me to put my hands on you so why are you mad?" I say as I get up walk to the bathroom. I twist the handle and find out it's locked. "Dinah Jane Hansen!" I yell. I hear the sink turn on. "I'm going downstairs to eat breakfast." I say as I turn around. The door opens and there stands Dinah brushing her teeth. "I'm not mad." She says once she spits the toothpaste out her mouth.
      "So why did you push me off of you like that?" I ask her. She shrugs her shoulders. I walk over to her and stare at her. "Did I trigger you?" I ask softly. She looks at me and goes right back to brushing her teeth. I let out a groan. "Baby I can't help you if you don't talk to me. What's wrong?" I ask her. Tears start to form in her eyes and I hear her sniffle. "I don't know. You scared me. I don't know how but you did. Especially when you yelled my name." She says softly. I walk to her and wrap my arms around her waist and pull her closer to me. "I'm sorry bebe." I say as I kiss the top of her head. "I'm still trying to learn what triggers you and if that did I'm sorry my love. You know I'd never intentionally want to harm or scare you." She hugs me back. "I know." "Now let's go eat." The doorbell goes off. "And see who's at the door."
       We let go of each other and make our way out the room. We go down the hall and down the stairs. "That's who I'm looking for!" I hear Uncle Ray's voice. "What's up unc?" I say as I finish my way down the stairs and go to uncle Ray and hug him. "Can I move in? You can house the whole family." He jokes and I laugh. "You can come over whenever you want unc." "Your aunt Sammie is coming?" He whispers in my ear and I laugh. "She lives here Unc. She should either be coming down or in her room. Everybody is eating breakfast. I'm going to let you sleep in my studio. There's a room and stuff down there that I use when I overwork myself. You can make yourself home down there. Just don't touch my equipment." I say and he nods his head. "You going to let me hear some new stuff?" He asks and I nod my head. "You remember Dinah right?" I ask him. He looks over at her as she waves. "Yeah yeah. She came to the reunion with you that year. You guys were supposed to get married too." I nod my head. Dinah walks over to me and hugs Uncle Ray.
       "I know you see your grandmother standing here." I look over to see Grandma Babs. I walk over to her and take her bag out her hand and hug her. "I missed you grams." "You know you could always come to Houston." She says as she hugs back. "With work and the kids, I kind of have my hands full. We'll definitely will be coming to the next family reunion though." I say as I pull away. I look over and see Stanley standing there. I give him a head nod and he gives one back. Grams smack my arm. "Now you know I don't play that. Go give your cousin a hug. You guys problems are done." I nod my head and walk over to Stanley and dap him up and pull him into a bro hug. "I forgive you. You don't even have to say nothing." I tell him in his ear. He nods his head. We pull away and I see aunt Drea. "Auntie Drea!!" I hear Ashley yell as she runs through the living room and straight to aunt Drea. I hear footsteps following them and see Chey and the twins. Chey runs over to me and hugs Grandma. The twins both stop and look at everybody.
      "You guys don't know anybody? I know you guys don't know Uncle Ray." I say. Leo points to aunt Drea. "Go." They both run to aunt Drea. "Hi kiddos." She says as she bends down to give them hugs. "You women don't ever know how to pack lite. How are both of your bags this heavy?" Uncle Derrick says as he comes through the door with three suitcases. I walk over to him and grab a suitcase and set it by the door. "There you go Unc. You know women, over pack for everything." I say to him. "They sure do. You got this big ass house with no butler?" He asks and I laugh. "I am the butler. I just have security guards." "Yeah I know. They were talking about calling you to come get us. Your grandmother over there made him realize who we are." He says. "Listen it's hot outside. I was not about to sit in that car any longer." Grams says. "I told them aunt Drea was coming. They know who she is." I say and I roll my eyes. "You guys can go to the kitchen. I'll have security bring your bags to your rooms and have Ayana show you your rooms afterwards."
         We hear footsteps coming down the stairs and we turn around and see Ana and Sammie walking down the stairs. "Drea, Barbara, Derrick it's so good to see you." Tia Sammie says as she comes and hugs everyone. "Tía Sammie, you remember Uncle Ray?" "I do. Hey Ray, long time no see." She says. Uncle Ray smiles wide. "I haven't seen you since my sister and your brothers wedding." He says as he goes to hug her. "I know pero how have you been?" "I've been good. I see you're doing well." "Sí, estoy bien. Ana keeps me busy." "We'll be eating breakfast."I say as I lead everybody into the kitchen. My phone goes off and I look at it to see the security camera going off. I check the cameras and see Tae, Dream, and Alexa. I send a message to the guard at the gate to let them in. I make my way back to the door. "Where are you going?" Dinah asks. "To let Tae, Dream, and Alexa in." I say.
       I walk through the living room past tia Sammie and Uncle Ray to the door. I open the door and see Dream at the door. I give her hug. "Only you would live in the hills with a gated entrance when you're the only one that lives in the area." Tae says as he get out the car. "This isn't your first time here Tae. You have to come back here in two weeks anyways. Get used to it." I say as he comes closer and I give him a hug. "Kids can come too? Because Ari has Yosohn." "He's fine. My kids are here and everybody is bringing their kid or kids too. It's a cookout theme for a reason." I say. "I have people pulling up in ten minutes. I let your security know too. They're bringing everything here." "The backyard is all ready for you Alexa. Anything else you need just let me and Dinah know." I say as I hug her. I open the door wider for them to come in. "Some of my family just got here. Those are the extra people that are here." I say as we walk into the living room. We walk into the kitchen to see everybody eating.
       "Everybody this is Tae, Dream Doll, and Alexa. Tae is our hairdresser, Dream Doll is his friend, and Alexa is the party planner for tonight and Ashley's party as well." "Hi Ms. Alexa." Ashley says. "Hi sweetheart." "I made breakfast if you guys are hungry. I made enough for everybody." Ayana says. "Hold on let me introduce everybody else. Okay so we have Dinah, Kaleo, Kalia, Ashley, Ayana, Analisa, Tía Sammie, Aunt Drea, grandma Barbara, Uncle Derrick, Uncle Ray, and my cousin Stanley." I say pointing everyone out while saying their names. "Make yourself a plate and eat. The least I can do is feed you guys before the party." I say. "Babe your plate is in the microwave." Dinah says. I go to the microwave and grab my plate.
        I walk over to the island counter and set my plate down. Dinah gets up and points to the seat. "You're good babe. Sit." I say and she shakes her head. I sigh and sit down on the stool chair and Dinah sits down on my lap. "You just wanted a reason to be near me. Is it because of earlier?" I whisper in her ear. She nods her head. I kiss her cheek and start to eat my food. "Y'all ever stop being lovey dovey? Some of our partners aren't here." Ayana says. "Tae, Ayana needs her wig fixed because it's getting to her head. Your little boyfriend or whatever will be here soon." I say and everyone but the kids laugh. "Mama, can I get a wig?" Cheylise asks. "Nope. You got enough hair on your head." I say. "But Titi Yana gets a wig and her hair is long." "Titi Yana needs one so it keeps her thoughts in one area." I say and Ayana throws a piece of bacon at me and I catch it in my mouth. "Thank you. I appreciate it." She let's out an irritated groan. "I can't stand you." "That's why you're sitting." I say and give her a smile.
        She rolls her eyes. "Okay you guys can stop it with all that." Aunt Drea says. "You want something to drink?" Dinah asks. "Just water." I say and she gets up and goes to get me a cup of water. "Y/N, the guys are here with the stuff." "Y/N you eat. We'll help out with this stuff. Everything is going in the backyard?" Uncle Ray asks. I nod my head and him, uncle Derrick, and Stanley leaves out the kitchen. "Ooouu I smell food. I know Tía Sammie cooked." I hear a voice yell throughout the house and I automatically know who it is. "He still hasn't learned not to yell in houses did he?" Aunt Drea asks. "You can take him out the hood but you can't take the hood activities out of him." I say. Jared, Sierra, Christina, and Mama A walk into the kitchen. "Hello everybody." He says as he walks around giving daps and hugs. "I'm Jared, this is my fiancé Sierra, her mom Christina, and my mama April." Jared says to Tae and Dream Doll. "How have you been Jared?" Aunt Drea asks him. "You know I just got shot not that long ago but I'm doing good." He says nonchalantly and I put my hand on my face and shake my head. "Still loud and careless I see April." "Oh yeah. Just got worse when he got older. Hey Y/N, any other family coming?" She asks as she hugs me. "Just Normani." "So you guys little crew is going to be together again? Just be bad as ever." Mama April says.
      "We weren't necessarily bad. Jared was just a bad influence." I say. "You we're the one that told all of us to jump off of the slide and Normani hurt herself and that's how we got in trouble." "You had us jumping off the top of the monkey bars. That's how I broke my arm. You told me to walk it off while my arm was dangling." I say. "I knew Kalia didn't get her bad side from me." Dinah says. "Oh yeah, she was bad as hell. We took her to one of Mani's pageants and never again. She tripped the host when she was walking to the stage." Aunt Drea says.  "Poor lady. She had a big knot on her head by the end of the show." I say as I shake my head.
           "Oh nothing beats when they came to DR for the summer. She found an iguana outside. Picked it up and brought it in the house terrorizing everyone with it. Then when we told her to put it outside she put it in my mothers bed before she went to sleep and we woke up to her screaming about it being on her face." Tía Sammie says. "First off, abuela has been telling and showing me she didn't care nor liked me since I was like five. I was just showing her the same energy. " I say shrugging. "Just bad as hell." Tae says. "Mama I done." Kalia says. I look over at the kids and see them done eating. "Titi Yana is going to take you guys upstairs and give you guys baths and showers. Ayana just put on house clothes for them so Tae can get started on their hair." I say. Ayana nods her head and takes the kids upstairs.
      "Mami, i no get my hair done?" Leo asks. "You want it done?" I ask and he nods his head. "I can braid his hair. Just do straight backs." Tae says. "You want braids Papa?" Dinah asks and he nods his head. "Okay go take a bath and wash yourself so you can get your hair done. Ana take him please." I say and she nods her head. "The twins are going to have to come to Houston for the summer." Aunt Drea says. "Between you guys, Dinah's parents, and Nicki I don't know who is worse." I say. "Well Ashley is already coming to Houston." "Now you and I both know it's like tradition to go there. You went there every summer when we were younger. You used to come back dark as hell. Might as well keep the tradition. Send all the kids. Maybe you and Dinah can make a fourth." Jared says as he wiggles his eyebrows. "Chey hasn't spent the summer there either. It'd be good for all of them." Grams says. "You guys just want them southern." I say. "They already from both coasts. You're eastern and Dinah's west. One more part won't hurt." Jared says. "Dinah, I got the stage you wanted. Is there any place special you wanted it?" Alexa comes in and asks. "Just towards the back fence where there's more space so you can put the chairs." She says as she turns on my lap to look at her. Dinah turns back around and I groan. "What?" Dinah asks as she looks back.
       I put my hands on her hips to keep her still. "What you doing all this moving for? Just turn your neck. You gonna have to walk in front of me when it's time to get up." I say into her ear. "Not you being extra for this party. You're only turning 24. You aren't that special. Hey baby mama." Yonni says as she walks into the kitchen. "Hi auntie." She says to mama April as she hugs her. "You didn't have to come. Nayeli and Benny are welcome, but you? You could've stayed at home." I say and she mushes my head as she walks by to hug Dinah and everyone else. "And your dad should've pulled out but yet you're still here." She says back. "You're mom should've swallowed but yet... you know what your lucky your child is in the room. Hi Yeli." "Hi auntie. Hi Auntie Dinah." She says as she hugs us and introduces herself to everybody else. "Chey is upstairs getting ready, but you can go play." I tell her. "Okay." She says as she leaves out to go upstairs. "Where's Benny?" "Working. He's helping bring the stuff outside." She says. "Your daughter is so well mannered." Grams says. "She's the only kid I know that introduces her herself to everybody in the room." Aunt Drea says. "My mom, her sister in law," she says as she points to Mama April. "Doesn't play with mannerism. Neither does my father. It took Benny a long time to even get my fathers approval. Plus she's been with me to work sometimes so she knows she has to introduce herself to people." "Benny is her father?" Aunt Drea asks and I put my hand on my face. Black people are so nosy. "Not biologically. He's been there since she's been born. More like in the womb, but that doesn't matter to them. Especially him. You ask him and he'll tell you that he's her father." Yonni says. "And you, you don't know how to answer the phone? I called you like twenty times. You want to start a music career but don't know how to answer the damn phone for me." She asks as she hits Jared on the back of his head.
        "Girl I done told you, you, and you to stop hitting the both of us and look at all of you? Still hitting us." Jared says pointing at Yonni, Sierra, and Dinah. "I know you're not talking about me? The one that's carrying your big headed child." Sierra says. "Oh so you pregnant pregnant? Jared give me my hundred dollars." I say and he reaches into his pocket and hands me a blue face. "You will be added into the group chat." I say. "How do you even know the baby has a big head? We only went to one appointment. You're only a month in." Jared says. "I just know if I carry this baby for 8 more months and this baby comes out looking like you, you're changing every shitty diaper." Sierra says and I laugh. "I don't know why you're laughing. Kaleo came out looking exactly like you and who was changing diapers?" "Um you? Don't act like you had me doing anything. We split up before the twins were even one. The only time I was changing the shitty diapers was when they were with me." I say. "Do you want to split up again?" She asks. I look at her with wide eyes. I squeeze her hips and she gets up. I get up behind her and grab her hand. "We'll be back." I say as we walk out of the kitchen and up the stairs to the room. I close and lock the door once we get inside.
      "Okay you've been having this icky attitude since you wake up. Earlier I understand but the whole 'do you wanna split up again' comment, what the hell is that about?" She shrugs her shoulders. "Dinah, I don't want to be arguing with you. Not today and not tomorrow. What was the comment about? Are you mad about earlier? Because if you are I said I was sorry." I say. She sits on the bed. "I really don't know." "Dinah be honest with me, do you really want to be together? If you don't, we can stop all this right now. We can coparent like we was doing before." I say honestly. "It's not that I don't want to be with you. I do. I really want to be with you, but-" "you're not ready?" I ask. She looks down. I walk to her and bend down in front of her and grab her hands. She looks up at me with tears in her eyes. "I know you was waiting for two years to be with me. I don't want you to wait any longer." She says. "Hey, I'd wait a lifetime for you. I'm not in a rush. If you wanna break up we can. I'm not going to hold it against you." "I don't want to." There's a knock on the door and I get up and open it and see Ayana standing there. "The kids are all washed and dressed. They just went downstairs to get their hair done." I nod my head. She looks behind me at Dinah. "Are you guys okay?" She said. "We're working on it. I'll see you downstairs." She nods her head and walks away and I close and lock the door. I walk back over to her. "So what do you want to do?" "I want to be with you. I don't want no one else." She says softly looking me in the eyes. "It's just I'm not used to this. I'm so used to Odell. That all of this feels unreal. I know I love you. I'm just used to the abusive stuff." She says. "Mama, I'd never do none of that. Everything goes at your pace over here. I know you've done been through a lot of shit. I love you. I want you better in all aspects. I know Jamaica is for my birthday but baby I'm going to show you how you're supposed to be loved again." "I need some dick." I hear her whisper. "I was thinking about changing your attitude with some." "Shower?" She says. I smirk and look at her. "Come on. You know I'd never deny you some."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       "I thought you guys were coming down earlier?" Ayana asks. "I needed to take a shower so Tae can do my hair. Plus we was talking." I say. "Are you guys good?" Yonni asks and I nod my head. I subtly grab Dinah by her waist and pull her closer. "She ain't going nowhere. She's stuck here." I look down and she's already looking at me. She sends me a smile and I smile back. "Anybody else show up?" I ask. "Ari, Yosohn, Mani, and Jack. They're all in the living room." Yonni says. "I'm surprised you're not all over your man." "I'm warming up his plate." Ayana says as the microwave goes off. "You made this man a plate of breakfast? What you in love with him?" I ask. "Girl, hush your mouth. Nobody is in love. I'm just making sure my man eats." She says as she grabs the plate out the microwave. "So Dinah what are you performing?" Ayana asks. "Oh just something." "Heard it All Before? That's still my jam." Yonni says with a smirk. "You know it's not about me. It's not about me right?" I say looking down at Dinah. She giggles and shakes her head. She removes my arm and places her hand on my cheek. "Just a little bit babe." She says and then she walks away into the living room. Yonni and Ayana laugh. "Sissy!" I hear Ashley yell. "Yes LeeLee?" I say. "Mani wants you!" I walk out of the kitchen and into the living room. "Cousin! Why are you dressed like that?" "Girl the party is at four and Uncle Ray ain't even on the grill yet." I say as I hug her. "Y/N, I'm ready for you. Dinah are you getting your hair done too?" "No I'm just going to leave it out curly." Dinah says. I walk over to the setup Tae has in the living room.
        "I want it straighten with a half up half down. You actually want to go upstairs in the room?" He nods his head. "Literally it's the room with the double doors when you go upstairs and take a right." He nods his head as he grabs his stuff. "I'll get ready when you're done. You're going to need to be ready first." Dinah says. "Can't we just walk down together?" I ask her. She places her hand on my cheek. "I don't want you to see till I'm done ofa. You'll be fine." She says and I pout. She pecks my lips. "Go help Tae and I'll be upstairs. I'm not staying the whole time. I have to get the kids ready." I nod my head. I grab Tae's bag and lead them upstairs. Once I get to the door, I hold it open for Tae and Dream. I walk over to Dinah's vanity that I got her and put his bag on top. "You can set everything up right here." I say to him. He nods his head and walks over to the vanity. "I'm not going to lie Y/N your house is beautiful. Even down to the rooms." Dream says. "Thank you. We didn't finish the kids rooms yet. Dinah isn't done with this room either. Only downstairs is really done." "The house isn't done being built or decorated?" "Decorated. I think I'm going to add a guest house in the back. That way I don't have to salvage spots for everybody when they come over." I say. "How long did it take to build?" "Like 10 months. Oh and Tae Ashley's party is in two weeks and she really wants you to straighten her hair for it. Can you? I told Dinah yeah but I really forgot to ask you." I say. "You know I'm free for Ashley. She's so sweet. Both of your sisters are." Tae says as he plugs his stuff in. "Leelee? I believe. Yaya? Now that's questionable." I say.
     "Ayana is starting to make music?" Dream asks. "Yeah. She's putting an album together soon. She didn't want to do an EP. You signed to a label yet?" She shakes her head. "I'm working on my craft first before I think about it." "Let's say I help you with your craft, you know? Help you with writing and working on your bars. Could I sign you? I'll give you $500,000 signing bonus that you don't have to pay me back. You can own your masters and have all the creative freedom you want. You can also work with whoever you want. I'm not going to push you or hold you back from putting out anything. You can release anything you want." I say looking her straight in her eyes so she can tell I'm not lying. "Are you serious?" She asks wide eyed. "I'll write up a contract tomorrow. Just so you know I'm not lying. You won't find a better contract anywhere." "Who do you have signed already?" She asks. "Me, Jared, Yana, Jack Harlow, and I'm working on getting Dinah." I say. "I can get someone that can help your craft by the end of next week." I say. She smiles and nods her head. "I'll do it." I smile and get up to hug her. "I promise you won't regret it." She hugs back and the room door opens. I look to it and see Dinah and Carlene walking in the room. "Babe that's my vanity. You forgot you bought it for me?" Dinah asks. "No, but Tae needs it to do my hair. He's already all plugged up." I say. "It's fine Dinah. We can use the bathroom." Carlene says. "Yeah use the bathroom. Your old space is in there. You have a whole chair in there." I say as I move from dream and sit at the chair in front of the vanity. "You're so annoying." She mumbles. "You love me." I say with a smile. She rolls her eyes and walks into the bathroom.
         "You just like working her nerves don't you?" Carlene asks. I look towards the bathroom and back towards her. "Just a little bit." I whisper. "Keeps the relationship spicy." I say. "Or just starting to get toxic." Dinah says. "It's not toxic if you like it. You're still here." "Maybe I do." She says back. Yonni bursts into the room running straight to Tae. "I know you came to do stupid's hair but can you please fix my ponytail? The girl lied to me about knowing how to do it-" "Yonni, I'll fix it. As long as you let me do Nayeli's hair one day." He says. "You can keep her if you want." "Now how are going to give up my god baby like that? Just to fix your hair? Straight trifilin'." I say. "Shut up. You can take her." Yonni says. "No! We're not taking no more kids. Ayana and Analisa are enough along with Kalia." Dinah says. "Damn sis in law, what we do to you?" Ayana says as her and Analisa come through the door. "Yeah prima, what did we do?" Analisa says. "Dream!" Yana yells as she runs to hug Dream. "Hi babes." "You two are a lot. I didn't believe Y/N when she told me but damn you two are a lot." Dinah says as Carlene starts on her.
      "What have we done?" "Ooouu bae tag me in." I say as I put my hand up. She gives me an air high five from the bathroom. "Ayana let's start with the car you crashed after a week of getting it. Then you two forgot to pick the younger ones up from school because you left school early. Had me and Dinah scrambling to find someone to pick them up. Then we find y'all teaching the girls how to twerk. Then lastly being in a trap house that got raided by the FBI. Jack had a blick in his face and Analisa is still on punishment." I say matter of factly. "In our defense, we didn't know it was going to get raided. It was just a party." Analisa says. "If I ain't teach you anything before im going to teach you this. Every trap house gets raided. Every single one of them. I almost got arrested twice for being in a trap house." I say. "When did you get into that life?" Ayana asks. "Yaya, I had bad years since I've gotten kicked out. I had to survive. That's why i don't want you in Slauson. It's not for no reason. I sold possibly some things you can think of. Just not the stuff that make you do serious time." I say.  "Why didn't you ever tell us?" Ayana asks.  "I'm supposed to be proud of selling drugs? The less people that knew the better. There's only a couple of people that know. Like Dinah, Yonni, Ma, tía, and Aunt Drea. Jared found out the wrong way. He's the one that was mad the most." I say. "Why'd you stop?" Analisa asks. "Damn y'all full of questions. But it wasn't for me. I got tired of watching over my shoulder constantly and then I only started selling to get my own place and I couldn't so I got a job and I was singing cleaning tables and boom got discovered and I've been singing since." I say as Tae straightens my hair.
       "So you was never going to tell me?" Ayana asks. "Honestly, no. It didn't and doesn't affect you in anyway. We're here right now. Living our best life. I didn't feel the need." "What if I told you I was selling?" Ayana asks. "I'd flush every ounce and gram of product that you have. Because I'd be damned if you was to start selling and you didn't need to. Plus Dinah don't like that, so if you are it's time to confess because I'm not the one dealing with it." I say looking her in her eyes. She looks down and so does Ana. "Can everyone leave if they're not working? Ayana and Analisa stay." I say. I wait for Dream and Yonni to leave the room. Once they leave I look over at the two. "Where are you hiding it?" "Nowhere. It's not here." "What is it?" "Weed." Ana says. "Why?" "Trey and Anthony asked us to help them a while ago." "When was this?" "The day we forgot the younger ones at school." Ayana barely lets out. My eyes widen. "Hold on Tae. So you're telling me the day you forgot your sister and your niece was the day you two decided that y'all wanted to sell drugs?" I ask rhetorically. "Get out." I say calmly. "But Y/-" "Analisa I said get out." "Y/N she's trying to-" "Ayana Adriana Y/LN! I said get out!" I yell and she stares at me before she grabs Analisa's hand and leaves.
     "Babe, you didn't have to-" "Dinah please. We both thought that Ayana was doing better. Not sneaking out, not lying, not smoking, not drinking, but here she goes hiding and selling drugs under our noses. I know what that life is like. It ain't pretty. You know how many men that could've touched her and it probably wasn't even sexual? We literally called everyone that day to pick up the girls. They go to the school down the street from them. They get out an hour before them. And you're trying to tell me that they couldn't go pick up the girls before they did any of that? They just following behind boys?" I say. I suck my teeth as I sit back in the chair. Tae starts to do my hair again. "It started to sound like there was more to the story babe. You could've just listened to what they had to say. But they're your family so that I know how that goes." She mumbles the last part but loud enough for me to hear while she's in the bathroom. "How does what go?" I ask her as I make a confused face.
      "You only ever let me discipline Ashley. Never Ayana. Analisa I step back because her mother is here. But you never let me have any say when it comes Yana. In your words 'that's my sister'. Ashley is your sister too." Dinah says. "I'm sorry babe. I just feel like I have to treat Ayana as if she's more of my responsibility because Ayana has been through a lot and honestly needs help in going on the right direction. Ayana is a mamas girl like all of us. I know when my mom passed she was hurting because they were so close. I don't want her believing anything anyone says is always good because it sounds sweet. I'm not mad about her selling weed. It's quick money. I'm more mad at the fact that they deliberately forgot to pick up the girls to sell weed for boys. The same boys that are locked up right now and be in a house that got raided." I say. "You can officially start dealing her today because you were more mad that day than anything. So have fun with that. I'm letting you know now the car thing won't hurt her feelings right now. Jack has a car and come pick her up. Your better off telling her she can't go to the studio or leave the house. She'll be stuck in the house with nothing." I say as Tae is done straightening my hair. "Fine but I'm listening to their explanation first." She says.
      "Mama!" I hear Chey yell. The door opens and in comes Chey and Nayeli. "Yes my love?" "Mama I'm hungry and there's more people here. They're looking for you." I pull my phone out of my pocket looking at the time. 4:15. "It was just like two o'clock. Baby, go see if Unce Ray has anything ready. If he doesn't, go find Auntie Drea or Tía Sammie they should be cooking or done. Yeli go get your momma and send her upstairs." They nod their heads and leave out the room. The door opens and I hear crying. "Your daughter? Bad as hell. She done smacked the poor boy right across his face." Ari says. "He reminds me of papa when he gets hurt. He wants to be all up on his momma. And girl why do I know your auntie Sammie? Her and my mom were chopping it up on the phone. Now she's beating Kalia's ass." "Bitch I know you didn't come in here and didn't say hi like we've been with each other all day?" Tae says to her. "Boy bye I seen you before you came here." She says as she waves him off. "Ofa what's wrong?" I hear Dinah say as she walks out the bathroom and straight to Ari. She kisses her cheek and grabs Leo. "Lia hit me." He says in between cries. "You better get your daughter." Dinah says to me as she goes into the bathroom to finish her make up.
        Tae chuckles, "She ain't lying. You was bad as hell. Don't say you wasn't when everyone was giving the tea this morning." I suck my teeth. The door opens and in comes Yonni. "You're baby mother is here. She's already pissing me off." "What did she do now?" "Steady trying to apologize for what she's been saying." "Just let her apologize and go about your day." I say as I wave her off. "You're all done." Tae says. I get up and stretch and look in the mirror. I walk over to the bathroom and stand in the door way. "How my hair look?" "Awe you look so cute." She says. "Now go get dressed." I nod my head and walk over to Tae and give him a hug. "You kill it every single time." I say. "I'll give you your money when I come back from getting dressed." He nods his head as he starts to put his stuff away. Analisa comes in the room. "My mom told me in order for me to get out the house I need to get a job." She says as she walks straight towards me. "So go find one." I say as I walk to the closet. "That's why I came to you prima. Yo necesito un trabajo porque no quiero quedarme en la casa." "¿Qué trabajo puedo darte, Ana? No necesito ayuda. ( what job can I give you Ana? I don't need help.)" "Necesito ayuda. Puedes ser mi asistente. Necesito ayuda para gestionar su etiqueta. ( I need help. You can be my assistant. I need help with managing her label.)" Yonni says. "Gracias. Thank you so much. Prima you're no help." Ana says and I roll my eyes. "Oh I put your outfit on the island in your closet. Your shoes too." Ana says. "I already had an outfit." "I know I seen it. This one is better. You're not doing nothing but dancing, smoking, and eating. You'll probably be giving Dinah besos in the corner." Ana says. "Best friend, your sister said you aren't ready yet." Saweetie says as she comes in the room with Jhené. "I just got my hair done. I'm about to get dressed. Dinah isn't ready at all." I say as I walk into the closet.
       I look over the outfit Ana picked and nodded my head at it. I switch out outfits and slid my sneakers on and walk to the mirror that's in the closet. "I knew that'd be better than what you picked out. I should be your stylist." Ana says. "Fine you got a job. Why couldn't you sing or something?" I ask her. She shrugs her shoulders. We walk out the closet and my phone rings. I look at the contact and smile. "Nicki! Where are you?" I ask her once I answer. "I'm trying to park my car. Can I park it in the garage?" "Just let the security park it. I'll get Benny to park it." I put her on speaker as I text Benny. "He's coming outside." "Make sure he doesn't scratch my baby." "You can tell him." I say. "Ana pass me my outfit. Babe go greet everyone." Dinah yells. I roll my eyes. "I'll meet you in the living room Nic." I say before I hang up. I walk out the closet as Ana walks further into it. Once out Dinah pushes me out the room. "Damn bae. It's my room too." "Go check on the kids and greet everyone." "You got someone special here?" I ask as I turn around towards her. "A few special people, so greet them. I promise I'll be quick daddy." She says softly. "You better. You're my special guest." I say then pucker my lips. She pecks my lips a couple of times. "Go." I nod my head and turn around and walk down the hallway. "Y'all better make sure my baby is fine when she leaves the room." I yell. I walk downstairs and the music is louder and the floors are shaking because of the bass. I walk in the living room and straight to the front door. I open it and I see Nicki watching Benny back the car in the garage. "I told you, you'd be straight. He drives my cars all the time." I tell her. "Girl hush. That's the car Dinah and August got me that year they threw the party for us. I love that car." She says.
       "Well its in good hands. Come on. I haven't greeted anybody yet." I say as I open the door wider for her. She walks in and her song 'Good Form' starts playing. "Whoever the DJ is got good music." Nicki says and I chuckle. We walk through the living room and into the kitchen seeing both of my aunts, grams, and the kids. "G-Ma!" Lia says running and hugging Nicki's legs. "Hi baby girl. I missed you." "I miss you too. Tae do my hair." "He did? You look so pretty. I love your dress."