Chapter 25

Dinah POV

        "Ms.Y/LN and Ms. Hansen, you guys have something that you want to bring to my attention?" Ashley's principal, Mr. Peters, asks. "Yes, I know that me, as an artist, my personal life is somewhat not private, but I believe that my sister should be treated as a regular student. With that being said, I have a feeling everybody knows that my mother is no longer living. Ashley had a therapy session not that long ago and in which she told us and her therapist that she is being bullied in class about our mother. Ashley just started calling my girlfriend 'mommy', not that it's anybody's business like I said before. But for her classmates to constantly remind her that Dinah isn't her mother and that her mother is dead is crazy. She told us that they've been saying this to her since the second day of school. It is now November. I taught Ashley to talk to her teacher about having problems with her classmates. She told me that she has and that her teacher, Mrs. Jacobs, told her to not listen to them and didn't talk to the other students about the situation." Y/N explains.
        Today is Monday and like me and Y/N said we came down to the school to discuss the situation with Ashley's classmates and teacher with the principal and remove her from the school. "I'm sorry to hear about that. Ashley is an amazing student here and it is unfortunate that all this happening here. As you said, just because you are famous doesn't mean that Ashley should be treated any differently. Ashley is all of this true?" Mr. Peters asks as he looks over at Ashley sitting on my lap. Ashley nods her head. "Yes." "Okay, how about I call Mrs. Jacobs down here because we have a policy for zero bullying in this school." He picks up the phone on his desk and makes a call. "Yes, can you send Mrs. Jacobs to my office and cover her class for her? Thank you." He says and then hangs up.
         "So for this problem we have two options and it's totally up to you women and Ashley. First, you guys can pull her from the school, in which I won't have a problem with because this is such a delicate situation and I want Ashley to be comfortable anywhere she is at. Also, I know you paid the tuition in full for the year and I can help you guys find a school that will transfer the money from this school account to theirs. The second option would be for her to switch classes. I know your daughter Cheylise is at the school as well, so I understand if you want to keep them in the same school." Mr. Peters says. "So you don't care about the teacher's side of the story?" Y/N asks with her eyebrow raised. He shakes his head. "You guys aren't the first set of parents that has come to me about Ms. Jacobs not doing her job correctly. We have a three strike system. This will be her last strike. As for caring for her side of the story, I believe Ashley 100%. Like I said Ashley is an amazing student. Me and Ashley have talks here and there due to your aunt telling me Ashley's background. Plus, children are usually always telling the truth." Mr. Peters explain.
          He turns his attention to Ashley. "Do you want to switch schools or change classes Ashley?" He asks her and she turns and looks at me. "It's up to you ofa. You can stay here and switch classes or you can change schools." "Is Cheychey going to be mad at me if I leave?" She asks me lowly. "I don't think so. When we talk to her about it I think she will be okay. She has her friends here baby." I say back. "I want to leave. If I stay they'll still call me No Parent Ashley." She says while she turns around to look at Mr. Peters. "They call you that?" He asks her shocked and she nods her head slowly and I hear her sniffle. I turn her around and put her head in my chest while I rub her back.
        There's a knock on the door and it opens and a woman walks through. "Mr. Peters you wanted to see me?" She asks as she steps in the room and looks over at us. "Mrs. Jacobs, did Ashley come to you about the other students in your class bullying her?" Mr. Peters asks. "I just want to let you know if you're going to lie about your answer to please step away from me. I'm not in the mood to hear your lies because my sister is sitting here crying right now about the situation and was crying when she told us and her therapist." Y/N says before she could answer. I grab her hand and squeeze it trying to calm her down. Mrs. Jacobs moves away from the door and closer to the desk.
       "She did mention it to me once." "Liar." I hear Ashley mumble. "My sister said that you're lying." Y/N says taunting her and I let go of her hand and hit her arm secretly. "So Mrs. Jacobs you never knew that the kids call her No Parent Ashley? I'm pretty sure you probably heard it once or twice or when they are making fun of her deceased mother." He states. "I've might've heard a few comments. I told her to ignore the students." "So instead of talking to your class about our zero tolerance of bullying in this school you decided to tell her to ignore the students that are constantly making fun of her for three months?" Mr. Peters asks. Mrs. Jacobs looks between us and Mr. Peters. This is definitely her last day working here.
      "Mrs. Jacobs, this is third complaint that we have gotten about you not going with our zero bullying tolerance policy. At the end of the day I want you to come back and clean out your classroom. As of right now, you are no longer a teacher here. Please leave your ID for the school and classroom keys on the office desk out front. You're dismissed." Mr. Peters finishes.
      Mrs. Jacobs turns and looks at us before leaving the room. "So she's not going to apologize? She's just going to walk out?" Y/N asks. "It wouldn't be the first time. Like I've said before I'm sorry this happened to you Ashley. You shouldn't have went through that for that long. I'll be willing to help you guys look for another school for her and I will make sure that it is a good school as well." Mr. Peters says as he goes on his computer and starts typing away. "Thank you for helping us with this decision. We really appreciate it and I know Ashley is thankful for you understanding where she's coming from. There's a lot going on right now for us and I'm just glad you can make sure this situation is getting dealt with." I tell him. "It's no problem. I'm glad that you guys brought it to my attention instead of withholding it from me. I was honestly tired of her." He says as he gets up from his chair and grabs a piece of paper from the printer and sitting in front of us on his desk. He hands Y/N the piece of paper.
      "I took into consideration of Cheylise still being at this school still, so these are the two schools that are near here. They are both top tier schools in the state. Due to Ashley's grades here and in her previous schools I would say that Ashley is more than able to attend these schools. They are based on grades and behavior. One is an all girls school for the intelligent and another school is like here where there's boys and girls and they have high scholar classes that will accommodate to Ashley's intelligence." He says explaining the paper. "These schools will take the balance that's on the account for her?" Y/N asks looking over the paper. "Yes. They'll take the remaining balance as both school have the same tuition as ours. Now, it would take a week for the balance to transfer over, but the second school is willing to send a personal tutor over to your house to keep Ashley up with her schoolwork. They have different sports for the high scholar students such as tennis, basketball, softball-" "Can I go there?! I want to play tennis." Ashley says happily while sitting up on my lap.
      "That's where you want to go Leelee?" Y/N ask her. Ashley nods her head fast. "I will send them your information and get the ball rolling so they could send the tutor over by Wednesday. Just be on the look out for emails and they will be scheduling you a tour as well." "A tour? Geesh what she living there?" Y/N comments and Mr. Peters chuckles. "It's just so you guys see how it's run and it's campus. I'll send that email out right now." "Me and Y/N are going on vacation on the fifth. I don't know if you can try and get it scheduled before then but if you can't, her aunt will be taking her." I tell him. "I will let them know about that. I'm sure they would want you two there with Ashley." "Also, my aunts main language is Spanish. She speaks English as well, but she still has a hard time. She might need a translator. My cousin who usually does it is in high school." Y/N explains. "Antonio is in town till next year. I'm sure he wouldn't mind doing it." I tell her. "Another thing, just so you're not filling out another emergency sheet, are the same people going to be on it?" Mr. Peters asks. "It's just me, Dinah, her aunt, and her sister correct?" Y/N asks. "Yes I believe so if I'm not mistaken. I'll send those emails out right now. You guys are all set to leave. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention. Ashley, you are a very smart young lady and I am very happy that I  had you in my school. You can come visit me any time you want. I'm always here with an open door for you." He says smiling at Ashley. She gets up off my lap and runs to hug him and he hugs her back.
       "Thank you." Ashley says to him. "You are very welcome Ms. Ashley. Don't let the other kids get to you. They're mad because you're stronger than them. Your mother would be very proud." He tells her. "I tell her that everyday." Y/N says to Mr. Peters as she get up and shakes his hand. I get up and shake his hand as well. "You think we could see Chey real quick?" He nods his head. "Yeah let's go." He walks out his office and we follow behind him. We walk down the hallways on the first floor until we get in front of a class door. I look at the wall besides the door and see all Chey's classmates pictures along with hers. "Babe look." I say as I point to Chey's cheesy picture.