Chapter 13

Y/N POV

     "We have to talk." I say once she comes through the door. "What is there to talk about?" "The fact that you left this house without telling anybody." "I told tía Sammie. She knew I was leaving. I also told you that I might not be here when you get home." Ayana says as she sits on the couch. "I understand that I've been treating you more like my kid than my sister, Ayana. But you have to understand. I am your legal guardian." "Just because you're my legal guardian doesn't mean you have to act like you have me on a leash. I'm 18." "You may be 18 and legally an adult, but I am responsible for you. You're still in high school. I just want to let you know that I'm falling back. I can't keep you from making mistakes. You're supposed to. You can go out and all that, but I still want your location. There's people going missing all the time. I don't want nor need you to be the next person. I was thinking of getting you security, but I wanted to speak to you about it first. Not for school obviously, but for other stuff. The job situation is still priority. You need to find one. I don't mind providing for you. I obviously have the money for it, but I want you to be able to provide for yourself. You're an adult now. Adults pay for their own stuff." I say. "I've been thinking about it. I wanna be a singer." She says.
       "Ayana, being a singer isn't just a career you can just hop in. If you want to be a singer I support you, but I'm not going to put my all into you if you're not serious about it. I got a track that needs a female on it. You can hop on if you truly feel like you wanna be a singer." "Actually I wrote a song and I've been messing around in your studio." Ayana says cheesing. I let out a low chuckle. I get up and so does she. We head downstairs to my studio. "Aight play me what you have." Ayana goes to the computer and presses play on a track.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, huh
Yeah (Da-da, da-da)
Oh yeah, uh
I should've listen to my intuition
I put myself in this position
It's all my fault
Look in the mirror think what am I missin'?
See and think different, oh, am I lost?
Feelin' a way, nothing's the same
I wish you would change, oh, I'm lost
Numbin' the pain, don't make it okay
Nothin' to say but
You brought all the issues (Issues)
And I would stay here with you
Don't hold it against me (Against me)
Against me (against me)
Hold it against me, against me (Yeah)
And I don't trust you lately
And if that makes me crazy
Can't hold it against me (Against me)
Against me (Against me)
Hold it against me, yeah
Feel like I'm driftin'
Know he notice the distance and love ain't been blockin' my vision
But that ain't my fault (My fault)
That he was the difference, you let him get in that position
I'm too comfortable now
Ain't feelin' a way, nothing's the same
I think every day that we're lost, yeah
And love ain't enough but it's holdin' me up
Love ain't enough 'cause
You brought all the issues (Yeah)
And I would stay here with you (Stay here with you)
Don't hold it against me (Against me)
Against me (Against me)
Hold it against me, against me
And I don't trust you lately (Say I don't trust you)
And if that makes me crazy (If that makes me crazy)
Can't hold it against me (Against me)
Against me (Yeah, yeah)
Hold it against me (Against me), yeah
(Against me)
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh
Oh, oh, yeah (Against me)
(Against me)
(Against me)

      The beat is still playing and I nod my head. "Okay then sis. I see and hear you. It's amazing. I didn't know you can sing like this. Actually I didn't know you can sing at all." "Well I can. I just never let anyone hear me. I just think it's still missing something at the end. I wrote something but I don't think I should sing it." Ayana says. "Get in the booth. Do what you want on the beat." I say. "You serious?" Ayana asks.
      "Yeah. You already produced everything yourself. Come on. When it comes to music you have to take different risks. This is one of the many risks. Just try until it sounds right to you." I say. She walks into the booth and closes the door. I look at her through the window and see her putting the headphones on. I press the button so she hears me through the headphones. "I'm gonna press record and you put it on the track how you want to okay?" She nods her head. I press record and then play.