Chapter 18

Y/N POV

       "Let's welcome to the stage Y/N Y/L/N!" Adrienne says. I walk on stage with High Fashion playing the background. I wave at the crowd before I give everyone a hug. I sit down next to Adrienne. "Hey everybody." I say while looking out at the crowd as they start cheering. "How are you doing?" Jeannie asks me. "I'm good and well. Just dealing with a lot of stuff." I say with a nod. "Well we have a lot to talk about. To start off I want to say that I'm glad your friend Jared is doing well." The picture I posted on Instagram pops up. "Yeah, he's actually back to his normal self you know. We're just chilling now. It was difficult at first. When I heard about it I was at Dinah's parents house. My manager, Yonni, is his cousin and she called me and told me. I almost felt like I lost myself. I knew him since I was five in kindergarten. We've done basketball, flag football, and soccer together. Even when I moved to Texas we still kept in contact. That's my brother for life I wouldn't be able to do majority of this without him." I say.
       "Wow. That's years of friendship." "Yeah it is. But he's more than a friend. That's family and nothing can change that." "Speaking of Dinah..." I start to blush. "What y'all gotta say now?" I say and they all start laughing. "What's going on?" Loni says teasingly. "That's my girlfriend. I told y'all I was going to get my baby back." I say with a smirk. Everyone starts cheering. "You indeed said that. Word on the street is that this is your first televised interview in two years. Is that true?" Tamara asks. I nod my head.
       "I um.. I stopped doing interviews in general after my mom passed away." I say. "From us, we want to say that we are sorry for your loss." Jeannie says. "Thank you. It was just hard because before she had passed, me and her were trying to get our relationship back up there. Also, it was tough because me and my sisters were at the house when everything happened. I just didn't feel comfortable doing interviews or anything really hence why I haven't put out any music. I've taken on the responsibility of a lot when she passed. My sisters, my moms stuff, and even Dinah and the kids. I just had a lot on my shoulders. I still do. My mom was my everything growing up. She still is to this day." I say as I wipe a tear that's falling. Loni hands me a piece of tissue.
       "Going into an interview and actually talking about something that I wasn't prepared to talk about didn't sit right with me. My main priority was and still are my sisters. Our mother is gone and our dad that didn't help with much is in jail. I have 18 and seven year old sisters to raise. Them and my kids at that. I gotta be a big sister and a parent at the same time. It was a lot to take on at first but soon I started to learn how to manage." I say. "How old are you?" Adrienne asks. "I'm 23. I turn 24 next month." "So you took on all this responsibility at 22?" I nod my head. "My sisters are my world. As much as I make fun of Ayana on Instagram, I love her and I love Ashley. Ashley actually turns 8 soon." "When's her birthday?" Tamara asks. "December 14. Six days after mine." "Wow that's close." Loni says and I nod my head.
      "Your sisters tell us more about them. Well Ashley because the world knows Ayana." Jeannie says and everybody laughs. They pull up a picture of Ayana.

"Ayana made sure that the world knew her

"Ayana made sure that the world knew her. She made her start of that at 16. Ayana is honestly a silly, free spirited, outgoing, and outspoken person. She gives me the biggest headache but I love her. Ashley is so sweet. Me, Ayana, and my brother take after our father but Ashley definitely takes after my mom. Face, skin tone, and everything." A picture of Ashley pops up.