Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Dinah POV

           "Mommy when are they going to call my name?" Ashley says as she looks up at me as I look down at her. "In a few minutes ofa." I say to her. "Ashley Y/LN?" Her therapist, Bernice , calls out. "I'll be right back." Ashley says as she gets up and walks to Bernice. Once they walk down the hall and they're in the clear I walk up to the receptionist. "How can I help you out Ms. Hansen?" She says. "I have an appointment for myself for December 5th I believe." She types away on the computer. "Ah. Yes, December 5th at 2:30pm with Kiara." "Is there an earlier date or time that I can come on? I have a flight that day." "Give me one second." She starts typing and clicking the mouse. "So she has an opening the day before at 6:30pm. Does that work?" "That's perfect." "Are you going to make this appointment? You missed the last four." She says.
         "Yes I am. I think my girlfriend is catching onto the fact that I haven't." I say. "She definitely did because she calls me everyday your appointment is set to see if you came." I hear a voice behind me say. I turn around and see a gorgeous woman behind me. "Hi, I'm Kiara. I'm Y/N's therapist and hopefully soon to be yours." She says as she puts her hand out and I shake it. "Hi I'm Dinah Jane." "You took Ashley to her appointment?" She asks. I nod my head. "She's in great hands. Bernice is amazing. She loves working with Ashley." She says. "She talks about her clients?" I ask skeptically. "Well I own the company and building. I like to keep tabs on all the clients that come in here. You know just in case I have to contact any authorities for any reasons. I just do check ins and ask how the appointment went." Kiara says and I nod my head.
           "Can I talk to you in my office for a second?" She asks me and I nod my head. I follow her down a hallway into an office. "You can take a seat." I sit down on the long couch as she sits in an office chair. "So, Y/N has told me the reason on why she wants you to come into therapy and I want to say I totally agree. I know you may not be ready to talk, she gave a small brief of what went on and everything. I've been where you once was. What I can say off of experience is that if you don't talk about it now you will never want to talk about it. In order for you to move on you have to accept the fact that it happened and address everything that happened. It's tough at first, it is. I promise you once you start talking about it, it'll get better." Kiara says sincerely as she looks at me.
       "It's hard. Sometimes I'm scared to talk about it, even with Y/N. I just don't want to relive it." I say. "It's harder to speak about what I've experienced in that relationship because it's something that I don't want to go through again. I'm mad at myself for allowing it to even happen." "Nobody ever wants to relive their pain. It was when you was most vulnerable. Did you ever try to fight back?" Kiara says as she looks at me. "At first, I did. The first time was the less painful time than the rest. I remember it was about something so stupid. It was after I met his parents. He got mad at me because I didn't want to stay in a  'woman's place' and help his mom wash the dishes after we got done eating dinner." She raises her eyebrows and widens her eyes.
        "What happened?"

F L A S H B A C K

          I reach over the console to grab his hand as he's driving and he puts it on the wheel. "Whats wrong?" I ask him. He let's out a deep and annoyed sigh out. "Why didn't you help my mother with the dishes?" I throw my neck back a little and look at him taken back. "When I did offer to help her out  she told me that I didn't have to and kicked me out the kitchen." I tell him. I know he can not be serious right now. "You shouldn't have let my mom wash the dishes. She cooked so you should've done the dishes." "Odell, I tried to do the dishes! She told me not to! Who am I to tell a grown woman what to and not to do in her own house?" I yell at him. "Watch you're tone when you're talking to me." He says through gritted teeth as his grip on the wheel tightens.
        "Watch my tone? Who are you my dad?" He takes his right hand off of the wheel and grabs my left thigh and tightens his grip on it making me wince. "Stay in a woman's place and do the dishes next time." I wince in pain and use my right hand to claw his hand with my acrylics. He hisses and pulls away. "I don't know what you thought this was, but you're not going to be putting your hands on me. I don't tolerate that. If you think that I'm going to put up with that then this our last time even being together." I say.
        My head quickly turns the other way when the back of his hand comes in contact with my cheek. "I told you to watch your tone. You got too much of a smart mouth. Just do as I say and I won't have to do that again." He says as he continues to look at the road.