CH.9

this is english
this is japanese
enjoy.

you sighed, sitting on a random tree at 3 in the morning because you couldn't fall asleep at all.

you grabbed your phone after a few minutes of staring at the sky, squinting your eyes at the sudden brightness.

you looked at the date, noticing it was emma's birthday today. yours was yesterday, november fourth.

it's november 5th today, which means it's emma's birthday. you should get her a gift in a few hours when the shops open.

a sudden brightness beside you flinch, jumping off the tree with your guard high up.

"ah.. i apologize for scaring you, child." a familiar voice said, making you drop your guard down a bit "who are you?" you asked.

the brightness disappeared, showing a grey wolf jumping off the tree that you sat on.

you let out an 'oh', completely confused "it's you... why are you here?" you asked. the wolf sat down beside you, and so did you.

you both sitting on the dirty ground, you didn't mind though. the grey wolf was looking up at the sky.

"i thought that this might be important for you and your friends.. so i came here." it said, making you turn towards the wolf "what do you mean?"

"well.. let me explain. do you know why you've been 'reincarnated' into different dimensions?" the wolf asked. you shook your head "no.."

"and do you wanna know?" it asked. you nodded without hesitation "the reason you're here is because.. whenever someone dies, their soul moves into another dimension chosen by their guardian spirit."

"each soul has seven lives. the first three are chosen by the guardian spirit, the rest are chosen by the soul. many souls choose to forget their past lives each time they die."

"the guardian spirit may give the soul a power not too noticeable by people, though that's very rare since many guardian spirits think it's unnecessary."

"i gave you the power to see spirits of the dead who chose not to move onto another dimension, and stayed as wandering spirits in the dimension they were last in."

"this is your third life. which means, after you die in this universe, you may choose the next one, or stay as a spirit in this dimension."

"the friends that you have from the demon slayer universe.. it's their last life." the wolf said, making your eyes widen.

"when they were choosing their last life.. they said 'let us live in the dimension y/n loves in.' and i did. a guardian spirit takes care of many souls, and it was a total coincidence that i was the one who took care of your friends."

"but since now you know that, i'll tell you the real reason why i came here." the wolf said, making you raise your eyebrow.

"kibutsuji muzan. he's here, well and alive. it's his last life. us, guardian spirits can't kill the soul that they're taking care of, so i'm asking you. please, kill him. he has bad intentions."