Chapter Twenty

RAYANNA'S P.O.V

Next day.

I let out a sigh and wrapped the shawl around myself as today was a bit chilly. I held my phone with my other hand as I opened my bedroom door. I walked out of my room and let the door close behind me. I looked up to see Elena's door half opened. Should I go in?

I walked to her door and knocked on the door.

"Who is it?"

"It's me, Ray, "I replied as I took a step back from the door.

I heard Elena making her way to the door then the door opened to see Elena standing there, in a flowery shalwar kameez.

"Hey Ray, come in."She said as she opened the door wide and stood by the side, gesturing for me to come in.

I walked into her room and took a few steps further in to see a blanket and a pillow on the floor.

Elena closed the door, I turned around and looked at her with a confused look. "I don't know if I should ask this, but who's been sleeping on the floor?"

"Faron, we got into a bit of an argument."

"What about?"I asked as I raised my eyebrow. "If you don't mind me asking, of course."

She let out a sigh and looked at me as she stood herself against the wall. "It is Faron. The other day, I saw some messages and he's cheating on me." Her eyes slowly swelled up with tears then she looked down at the floor.

I walked close to her and hugged her tight. "I'm so sorry, I know how much you love him." She began to sob and then pulled away from the hug. I took a step back.

She wiped her tears and let out a deep breath. "Just shows how fast someone can fall out of love."

It was as if words weren't able to come out of my mouth. I just looked at her with a consoling look and let out a sigh. 

She let out a chuckle. "Even you have no words about this."

"I-It isn't that I don't have any words to say, it is j-just you don't deserve this and you are married to him, "I explained with a stutter. " And I know the taboo about things like this in your culture, since I've been here, I've learned a lot about it. I just don't know what you are going to do."

Elena smiled softly. " It is my life and yes, it was my choice to marry him. But I also have a choice of how I am going to sort this situation out and if I stay or not. I've made a decision about it."

"What is the decision?"

"I and him are finished. He of course didn't see me as a wife or anything like that, for him to go and do what he wanted to do. He didn't respect me. And his family throws all kinds of things at me and I deal with them. However, I am not going to deal with them anymore or him because It is my life and it should and will be about what I want."

"Are you really sure?" I asked with a hint of worry in my voice. "Of course, I will support you either way."

She nodded. "It is happening and he has to deal with it. Now let's go and have some fun."

-

Nassar looked at me and smiled. "Would you like a drink?"He asked as he held the 7up glass bottle in his hand.

I nodded. "Yeah, sure, "I replied as I reached my hand out. Nassar handed me the drink and I smiled. I took a sip and then looked at Elena who was sitting on the bench in the park we were in, looking at the stars.

"She's always a way with stars and fairies," Naz said, standing behind me. I jumped, at the sound of his voice. Then Naz took a step closer to me and stood next to me. "Don't you think so?"

I looked at him and rolled my eyes."You should cut Elena some slack, she isn't entitled to take your shit."

He looked at me as he knotted his eyebrows together into a confused look. "Sorry?"

"You heard what I said, "I stated in a serious tone as I took a sip of my drink. "Actually, no one is entitled to take your shit other than yourself."

"Naz?" Nassar spoke from behind him.

Naz looked at him then looked at me. "I don't care what is going on with Elena, she made that dumb decision to marry my brother when she had so many better options. But you don't need to be rude and condensing with me."

"Condeencsing?" I scoffed with a shocked look. "Says the guy who hid his marriage and kid away from everyone, take a good look at yourself before you talk about others. And I meant what I said, leave Elena alone."

Then I proceeded to walk to where Elena was sitting, I sat next to her and smiled at her. "Would you like some of my 7up?"

She smiled and took a sip. "What did you say to Naz now? He looks so pissed off." She said with a chuckle.

"Well, I said a few home truths,"I said as I took a sip of my drink. "He acts like an entitled little shit."

"Well, that entitled little shit wanted me too, "Elena added with a sigh.

I nearly choked on my drink and looked at her with wide eyes. "W-what?"

She nodded. "Not one of my finest moments, but Naz wanted me and begged me to not marry Faron. But I did anyway and look at me now."

I let out a sigh and took her hand into mine. " You can't think about the what-ifs, it'll eat you alive."

"You are right. I rang my mom early on too and she said the same. "Elena confessed as she looked up at the stars. "I guess this is a lesson I have to learn from and move on."

I nodded."Yes you do."I agreed. "Forgot all of these, and Aiden seems like a really sweet guy too."

Elena looked at me and rolled her eyes. "No men for some time now, let me get rid of the one I have right now."

I nudged her and let out a little laugh. "Dont worry, it'll be easy to get rid of that div."

"Let's hope."Elena said then her phone pinged, she pulled it out of her bag and looked at her phone confused then she looked at me. "My dad's friend found something..."

"What?"

"Yeah, Aiden just texted me now and said it."Elena replied. "Let's go, I'm sure Nassar can drive us and leave Naz behind."

"Let's hope we can."