Chapter Three

Few days after.

I slowly sat up on the hospital bed, i let out a sigh as i looked up at the tv to see the same tv show playing again. How many times was this one episode going to be on?

It was doing my head in.

"Hey!"Justine screamed as she walked into the room with a massive balloon saying get well soon. She placed the ballon by the nightstand and looked at me with a smile. "Hey bitch!"

"Hey."

"Why do you look so grumpy for?"

"Well i am in the hospital..."

Justine let out a chuckle and looked at me as she placed her hands on her hip. "Girl, cheer up!"

I rolled my eyes at her and looked at with are you dumb look. "Tell me how can i cheer up when im in the hospital?!"

"There are so much fit doctors and nurses you can pull ere."Justine said as she sat herself on the chair next to the nightstand.

"How? No one wants a girl who broke her leg in four pieces and she going to be fulled of scars."

Justine rolled her eyes. "Shut up, dont say that."

"But it's true!"I said as my eyes brimmed with tears. "No one wants this, my own family didn't want me!"

"Don't say that."She repeated herself, she got up from the chair and walked to me. She hugged me tight then pulled away. "I want you, you are my best friend divhead!"

I let out a chuckle and looked at her. "Really?"

She nodded. "Who was the one who ate all the terry's and yet i still forgave her?"

"It was me..."

She let out a laugh and looked at me with a smile. "Don't ever say that about yourself."

Justine then sat in her chair where we began to gossiped and watch movie after movie. 

-

Nurse Jen walked in and looked at us with a smile on her face. "Finishing off love actually, are we?"

Me and Justine looked up at her and nodded as Justine stuffed a reese in her mouth. She let out a chuckle. "You might want to put it on pause."

"Why?"I asked as i clicked the pause button on the remote and looked at her with a curious look.

She pulled up a brown file and looked at me. "This file was just sent about your family."

Silence sat in the room for a few moments, my hear suddenly began to beat faster and my hands became pools of sweat. "C-Can i o-open it?"

"Yes you can, if you really want to."

She handed it to me, i placed it on my lap. I stared at the file for a few moments which had Rayanna Afri in big letters on a white label. I looked up and looked at Justine. "This is the file."I whispered.

She nodded. "You are going to find out where you are from."

"What if i don't want to open it?"I said as i looked at her as i bit my lip. "What if it isn't what i think it is?"

Justine placed her hand on my fingers. "Look, you've been waiting for this moment all your life. Open it!"

"You sure?"

"Yes!"

I turned the flap over and it opened to see my name there but nothing else on the first paper. I looked at nurse jen. "It is just my name."

"There's more papers."Nurse Jen replied as she looked at me with another flash of a smile.

I turned over onto the next page to see my name and to see a  paragraph of what happened to me.

Rayanna Afri

Has come from Peshawar, Pakistan. She is pashtun pakistani. Does not have any family here in the untied kingdom, she came and was left by a doorstep of the next-door neighbour. The neighbour kept her for a few days and who left her didn't come back. She was then put in the system then was put in a care home.

I turned over a few more pages just to see my transferred details and my birth certificate which didn't even have a name for my father and only had Jane Doe for my mother. I looked up at them. "All i got from that is my family is from Peshawar."

"Where's that?"Nurse Jen asked as she bit her lip. "There should be more in there."

Justine pulled out her phone from her pocket and began to type as i was just so lost. All there was to me was that one paragraph and that was it. Did no one really not want me?

"Peshawar is a city in the north-west of Pakistan."Justine began to read from her phone. "Its home to the pashtuns."

Then something just clicked in my head. "When will my legs be better?"

"I don't know, it depends, maybe six months or maybe nine months."Nurse Jen replied as she shrugged her shoulders. "Why?"

"Cause I'm getting myself to Peshawar, to find my family."