Chapter 8

"Open your eyes." I whispered after telling him to sit down.

From the side I watched him blink a few times. Harry had strikingly beautiful, long eyelashes.

He didn't say anything for a while, which somehow worried me. He stared at the tips of his shoes and searched for my hand with his fingers. He clutched it, searching for protection when he finally got hold of it.

I frowned.

"Hey, Haz. Look at me." I lifted his chin with two fingers and looked him straight in the eye. I waited for him to explain what was going on and didn't have to wait long.

"Fear of heights." He breathed barely understandable and pushed his chin down, so that I lost my grip off it and he could lower his gaze to his shoe tips again.

I nodded, knowing he was unable to see that.

"Alright Harry..." My arm was protectively grabbing around his waist right now. My hand soothingly stroking his side.

"I'm here." I whispered really close to his ear, watching goosebumps building on his forearm in reaction.

"I'm holding you. Feel that?" I asked, tightening my grip.

He moved his head not exactly nodding, but signalizing me, that he felt my presence.

"I'd really love you to give it a try darling. Promise me, there's absolutely no need to be afraid, okay?"

No reaction.

"C'mon." I encouraged him. The rain, which was still falling slightly, got a little stronger from minute to minute.

Carefully and slowly, he looked up, not to thefront where I actually wanted him to look at, but to me. His hair was hanging heavily wet in front of his eyes again.

With my index finger I stroked the strand behind his ear and ran my fingertip unnecessarily slow along the contour of his jaw, stopping on his chin. I pulled him a little closer to my body, finger still resting on the soft skin on his face.

I gave him my warmest smile as I put my thumb on his chin as well, grabbed it gently and turned his head forward, fixing him in that position. At first, he tried with all his might to keep his eyes closed, but curiosity prevailed.

"I can't offer you stars today with the rain. But do you see that?" I pointed my finger between some trees on a lake.

The full moon was reflected in the water, which was restless due to the falling drops.

Suddenly he didn't seem to care anymore that we were sitting on the roof. His fear was as if it had never been there.

"That is beautiful, Louis. So beautiful." He mumbled with a dreamy look at what was in front of him.