Chapter 26

"Hey you two, sorry that it took so long, I brought chips and your favourite gummy bears and..." He paused when his gaze fell on me.

"Loubear, what is that?" He was obviously staring at the tube in my nose and I wanted to hide under the covers again.

"Oh, don't worry Harry, this is just in case he can't keep solid foods in his body." Edda stepped in for me.

"Okay then... but that doesn't hurt, does it?" He put the light blue cooler bag that he had brought with him on the table, came up to me, lifted my chin gently and examined the new, strange-looking tubes on me.

"No, no, they don't hurt bubs. Everything is fine." I shook my head slightly to signal that he could take his hand away now.

"We have to get a movie, guys. Come on, the library downstairs closes on time." Edda winked at me unnoticed when Harry lifted me into the wheelchair and took the IV dispenser with him.

The library was a makeshift room with a view of the city. There was a shelf with films, one with games for children and a slightly larger one with books. Not a breath-taking selection, but certainly a welcome opportunity for long-term patients to get distracted.

"You decide, I've seen every film out here at least once." Edda said and went to the bookshelf in front of which she seemed to be focusing on a book, but could not reach for it.

Harry saw her struggle and left me alone in front of the shelf for a moment to help Edda.

"Little dwarf." He giggled and read what was on the cover of the book.

"Damn, you're in hospital and you are reading that Grey's Anatomy stuff?"

"It will keep me busy for some time." She shrugged and took the novel from his hands.

"Did you find something you like, love?" My boyfriend asked when he came back to put his big hands on my shoulders from behind.

I nodded and passed him the DVD case I was holding in my hands over my shoulder.

"Again?" He sighed in amusement.

"Which one does he want to see?" Edda asked, studying the blurb of her novel with interest.

Harry held the case up in the air to present it.

"We watch it at least once every two weeks."

"Don't judge me, I like E.T. He's cute." Pouting, I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"Okay, okay, I don't say anything. Then let's go back up."

Edda put us on a list that the patients kept on a base of trust and put some loose change in the by standing piggy bank for the book and the DVD.

When we were back in the room, the three of us snuggled into my bed. Harry had put his cooler bag at the foot end and Edda was fighting with the remote control which apparently often didn't work that well.

"I swear if cancer doesn't bring me to the grave, it'll be the damn technology in this house." She put a hand over her mouth when she realized what she had just said. And right, it wasn't very beneficial.

"Sorry." She whispered disappointed in herself.

"Not the right word choice for a day like today."

"Let's forget that." Harry reached in and pulled the bag onto his lap.

"I think we should see if the spaghetti ice cream is also liquid this time." He made me grin and Edda needed a long explanation with every detail of our first meeting.