Chapter 19

I grinned at Harry all evening.

He had somehow survived the tattoo session, even if a few tears had flowed and he had obviously considered breaking off, but he didn't want to do me the favour because he knew too well that I hadn't trusted him to actually push it through from the start. -He was too vain for that.

Now he tried tense, not to show anything, although he was extremely sensitive to touch, because he knew full well that there would probably have been a tremendous stand-up if somebody would have noticed.

We said goodbye early that evening, just after dinner, and went upstairs to our room.

I wanted to free my boy from his torments, because I knew exactly that even the soft, light fabric of the T-shirt was uncomfortable on the irritated skin and that he could hardly sit down with the others with his bare upper body.

-After all, everyone could have seen it then.

I fell full-length on the bed and looked at Harry expectantly.

"What are you waiting for, little one? Strip that down for me." I grinned and stupidly wiggled my eyebrows.

He made an amused sound and grabbed the lower hem of his shirt to finally pull it over his head in one flowing motion. Then he lay down next to me.

His soft hair tickled my neck

"If your curls weren't so pretty and grippy, I'd hate them." I sighed while doing a sit-up like movement to sit down and escape his continuous tickling hair.

Harry chuckled, which led me to lean over to him, patting his head, one finger of mine caressing the spot on his cheek where I knew the dimple would be and finally his skin gave in under my touch when he formed his lips into a thin smile.

I examined him carefully and memorized all the details. My eyes wandered to his stomach.

"I want to touch it so much Harry, you have no idea." I raved.

Because I definitely had to admit one thing. -The fresh ink made his gentle skin even more interesting and desirable to touch than it already was.

"Don't you dare, my dear." He warned, trying to sound threatening.

I giggled and bent down on him further to nibble gently on his earlobe. Fingertips, flying over the edges of the plastic film that protected the fresh tattoo.

"You're so sweet Harry. And wrapped up like a bonbon too. Damn, I'm living the dream of a five-year-old girl, who wants to be the candy-princess."

He scrunched up his nose. "Do I have to be afraid of you?"

"Don't worry, I won't eat you up... Not today, anyway."

"For God's sake, Louis turn off the lights and get some sleep." It burst out of him and he laughed heartily.

I actually turned off the light. It wasn't late, but I could well imagine how exhausted he was.

"Tea?" I asked when we had just snuggled up against each other.

"Leave it alone. I was able to sleep without tea for the last few nights."

-

I woke up early. It was just five in the morning and the sun was rising over the sea, behind the little garden of our holiday home, which I could see very well from the window.

I glanced at Harry, who didn't give the impression of waking up anytime soon.

I carefully threw the blanket aside and sat up. But I had to hold on to something because my vision went black for a moment. It took me a moment to get along. I had never had circulatory problems in the morning.

I probably didn't eat enough the night before and my body needed energy. -At least that's what I told myself.

But I didn't feel hungry.

Or maybe I just need some nicotine.

That had to be it, I thought.

Shaking my head at my own craving, I opened the window and hopped onto the ledge.

I didn't want to walk all over the house to go outside. And Harry didn't mind. He probably didn't even notice.

Thoughtfully, I looked into the seemingly infinite distance, clicking the lighter in my hand on and off.

So that's it now, Louis. Now you're a real smoker. Nicotine addict. Little fool you

I said to myself in thought when I finally trapped the cigarette between my lips, clicking the lighter one more time and inhaling the fumes down my seemingly pulsing throat. I let it completely fill my lungs, visualizing the smoke inside myself, swirling while trying to find an exit out of my body. I exhaled shakily as a numb headache erupted on the backside of my head.

I didn't know what was going on. Maybe I got sick. I decided to go back to bed.

No sooner had I finished thinking my thoughts than I smothered the cig that I had lit only a few moments ago and watched the last grey fume getting carried away by the morning sea breeze.

When I lay back into the sheets to my boyfriend, I fell almost straight into a restless, dreamless sleep, which I only woke up from when the mattress lowered next to me and a warm palm was rested on my cheek.

"Babes?" A familiar voice asked.

"Are you awake? I made us coffee. The way you like to drink it best... two pieces of sugar and a sip of milk."

I grinned. I hated milk in my coffee but if Harry did it, he could put anything in it and I would drink it with enthusiasm.

I strained to open my eyes and slowly sat up.

He handed me the cup and breathed a good-morning-kiss on my cheek.

"Your family went shopping... I didn't want to wake you up. You looked so peaceful and Mark said you could use that very well. But it is 3 pm and I thought maybe it would be time to get up now." Harry reported.

"Louis, you are very pale. Are you okay?" Concerned, he put a hand on my forehead and checked my temperature, but found it was normal.

"Oh, it's all right, I probably caught a small cold, nothing bad. Nothing to lose your mind for."

I mumbled; my face buried in the sleeve of his sweater.

"I'll go, run you a nice warm bath." His eyes sparkled with zeal.

"You don't have to..."

"Yeah, I know, but I want to. And once you're ready, we bake something together and have a cozy afternoon, okay Loubear?"

I sighted, when he left me alone in the room and took a tiny sip from my steaming mug. How the hell did I deserve that angel?

An hour later, I came out of the bathroom with a towel around my waist to put on clothes suitable for the day.

I had relaxed, but this strange feeling was still there and suddenly, as I walked down the hall, the headache shot up again. Overwhelmed by this intense pain, I had to stop and close my eyes for a moment. When I opened them again, I was frightened of myself. I looked at the once white towel, on which a few splotches of blood could be seen. It took me time to realize that the blood was coming out of my nose and flowing stronger from second to second.

Fuck.

I looked around helplessly and tried to hold my hands in front of my face to at least avoid a big mess. But this attempt was doomed because the blood would not stop flowing. And in alarming amounts.

"Harry?" I called carefully and as calmly as possible. "Harry, please come up. I need you."

"What happened Lou?"

I heard his steps already coming up the stairs.

I swallowed.

"Please don't be scared, Haz." I advertised without answering his previous question.