Chapter 13

"I'll see you tomorrow, honey. And hopefully you'll come by more often, Louis. Bye you two, have fun." Anne said goodbye to her son, whose hair she lovingly ruffled, and to me.

"Not too much fun." Gemma giggled me in the ear while hugging and winked knowingly at me.

I grinned back and looked at Harry, who was desperate to get his hair back in shape.

"Don't do any bullshit guys."

"And you don't always worry so much mom." Harry replied, turning away from his family to run down the stairs with me.

"What are we going to do until evening? It's only three in the afternoon, we still have so much time." He seemed so excited as he jumped the last two steps as he spoke to get down first and come to a stop in front of me before I could leave the last step behind.

We were now exactly at eye level. The step I was still standing on made up for our difference in size.

"Let's see, little one." I whispered against his forehead, which was suddenly so easily accessible, and smiled against the delicate skin.

He grunted dissatisfied and carefully grabbed my waist with both hands to lift me off the stairs.

He left his hands lingering in place and lowered his gaze a little so that he could continue to look me in the eye. I swallowed and ran my fingertips over the soft skin on his neck, finally resting my palms on his shoulders left and right.

"You don't know what you're doing to yourself." I said in a choked voice.

"You do not understand it. Not yet. But I still advise you to run. Run while you still can Hazza. I will destroy you emotionally, without wanting to, without your knowing and without that anyone could do anything about it. I only bring bad luck." I didn't really want him to leave, but I wanted him to be prepared for the fact that we couldn't have a normal love story. It was impossible.

"You're right Loubear, I don't understand you. But if someone destroys me emotionally; I want it to be you. This is my official permission for you... and only you to turn me into a psychological wreck."

If only he had known.

On the inside I regretted bringing it up. To release the thoughtful mood, I breathed a little kiss into the crook of his neck and opened the door to the outside to finally get out of this stairwell.

"Are you now going to tell me what we're doing?" He asked like an annoying toddler.

I didn't know an answer to his question myself. On normal days, I might have gone to the cemetery and watered the flowers on the grave, or just had a mental communication with my mother. About my life and everything that was new. I would have had a lot to talk about right now.

These silent conversations were a kind of therapy for me, even if others would think I was crazy, because I felt like she was actually listening at times, which is why I never told anyone about it. -I missed my mother really badly.

I just shrugged at Harry.

"What would you do if I wasn't there?" He asked curiously.

"I don't know. Maybe sit in my darkened room and do creepy rituals, or stick needles through my hand." I cocked my head and acted my role remarkably poorly.

"I mean for real Louis."

"Probably visit my mother." I came out with the truth.

"Then we'll do it." He spoke resolutely. "I mean, if that's okay, if I come with you." He whispered afterwards, less enthusiastically, as if he had just remembered that visiting my mother meant going to the cemetery.