Chapter 9

The sun shone warm through the window, which we hadn't closed the evening before.

I blinked a few times to get used to the light. The sun's rays tickled my nose, which I wrinkled as a reaction to this weird feeling.

I was lying on my side, looking straight out of the window, a gentle breathing on my neck, an initially indefinable, comfortable weight on my hip.

Not willing to accept that I would have to get up sooner or later, I snuggled deeper into, what I thought was the mattress.

"Lemme sleep." A sleepy, hoarse voice nagged right in my ear.

I winced as if struck by lightning. I carefully ventured a look back.

Harry's eyes were still closed, pressed tightly so that no light could get into them under any circumstances.

Harry's arms were under the blanket, which we had obviously shared all night, and I concluded from this observation that the comfortable weight on my hip was related to the curly haired.

I toyed with the idea of ​​simply slapping his hand away and getting out of the room as quickly as possible. But then this feeling would probably have been gone. This closeness. This heat.

"Harry?" I made myself quietly noticeable after a few minutes.

I felt something move behind my back. He sighed deeply.

Then he withdrew his hand, startled. -at least he tried, but failed because I put it back in its place on my skin and held it there.

"Louis, I'm so sorry... I always get cuddly while sleeping in one bed with another person. It's not because of you, I swear, this would probably happen with everyo...."

He rattled off his apology, but stopped in the middle of his sentence when he felt my touch.

He stared at me in amazement.

"It's okay. You have nice hands Harry. Soft and delicate. I like how veiny they are..." I raved and squeezed his fingers gently.

My eyes fell on parted, swollen lips as I turned my head in his direction again. He must have bitten on them, just moments before. A slight blush on his cheeks.

"Did you have your first kiss?" I asked, gaze lingering on the younger boy's lips.

"May I remind you that you were there? In the hospital, just a few countable hours ago." He asked confused.

"I didn't mean that Harry. I really mean with feelings and love and passion and everything that goes with it in general. -Not something out of an emergency situation."

"Oh," he breathed, which was answer enough.

I turned my whole body to face him, making sure to keep his hand on my hip.

I looked deep into his eyes as I held his chin with forefinger and thumb and with the other hand, which I could now bring up without having to be afraid that Harry would withdraw his from my skin, I stroked his lip.

His breathing got faster, more excited and when I got my face a little closer to him, he tried to find hold by digging his bony fingers into my skin.

I liked the thought of being someone's first kiss. I liked it.

It would be good for my ego, but not for Harry. I would take an important first time away from him, he didn't deserve that. He deserved someone better. Someone who truly loved him back with all his heart. Someone who could guarantee him a future.

I stopped moving. Harry had his eyes closed and was clearly waiting for me to take the next step.

I've decided that I didn't want to disappoint him completely, which is why I gave him a little bro-peck on the forehead.

"Someday there will be an amazing guy, loving you endlessly." I whispered.

Probably that hadn't saved the moment at all.

He let go of me and nodded. "Sure, I'm sorry. So, I thought... I... man, that's so embarrassing."

He hid his face in the duvet.

I pulled the corner of my mouth in a dissatisfied smile and put my hand in his hair without even thinking that he might not be okay with that.

His curls were soft and I wrapped them around my index finger, played with them, felt the calming that passed from me to Harry.

"We should slowly get ready for school Haz." I said after we'd been idling for a good half an hour.

"Really don't want to." He looked at me sadly while I pulled on a sweater.

"Where's the problem Hazzie?" I sat down next to him on the edge of my bed and put my hand between his shoulder blades.

He dropped sideways against my chest.

"I just simply don't want Louis. I don't know anyone... except you and I'm bad at making new friends."

He snuggled deeper into the fabric of my hoodie, took a deep breath and sobbed on the exhale, probably unintentional.

"It'll be alright. Everything will be fine, okay?" I whispered against his hairline.

"Gonna introduce you to my mates, yeah? -So, you don't need to make contacts by yourself." I promised, harving a tired smile.

"Are you going to get up now? I'll prepare breakfast then."

He hugged me tightly again and finally got up.

After breakfast, which Harry was completely overwhelmed by because he wasn't used to having more choices than two types of cornflakes, we walked side by side along the street to the school.

The boy next to me was admiring the flowers by the roadside while I was serious thinking about how to teach my friends that they'll hang out with a fifteen-year-old from now.

Harry wasn't the prototype teenager for his age. In some ways he acted over-adulty, in other situations he was a stubborn little boy.

From a distance I saw a blond boy coming out of the kiosk, heartily biting into a sandwich.

"Nialler, wait!" I called out and made him turn around, waving a happy greeting.

"Louehh, dude. You finally rose from the dead. Took long enough, thought they would have kept you there this time." He babbled and pulled me into a casual, loose hug.

"Who did you bring with you?" My best friend asked with a look at the confused looking Harry behind me. Without waiting for an answer, he held out his hand to the boy with a grin

"I'm Niall. Listen, whatever your name is..." "Harry." Harry interrupted him silently, being his shy self again.

"Okay Harry, nice to meet ya. Only wanted to say, were just joking. It's all irony. Don't take us too serious."

Niall was an ever-happy lad heeven managed to make

Haz smile right away. I hadn't known the curly headed long, but now well enough to know that not everyone could do that.

Niall took another bite from his sandwich, grinning cheekily, with a dollop of mayonnaise on his chin.

Harry fixed my blonde friend with his gaze and wiped a hand over his face to signal that he should imitate him.

"Damn, thanks mate." Niall apologized after wiping it away, laughing his unmistakable laughter.

I shook my head at these two goofys and was happy that Niall and Haz got along directly.

I felt a little sorry for Harry because he was instantly getting a taste of my long-time friend's urge to communicate.

"Well, I'll snatch your victim from you again and introduce it to Gigi and Zayn. We'll see you later, okay?" I announced as soon as I saw the rest of my clique.

"See you guys." Niall said goodbye for the time being and gave Harry his cell phone back after he saved his number.

I would have loved to turn around when I realized who was standing with my friends.

But I knew it was too late for that.