Chapter Thirty Five

The wedding preparations were in full swing and the day could not come soon enough. A wonderful venue had been chosen and Amai's dress was almost complete. Ayame paid a lot of attention to detail and it was already so beautiful. They didn't want to wait too long to have the wedding since they felt as though they had already lost so much time. Therefore, the wedding was only a month away. They got lucky with the timings and all the Sohma members helped wherever they could.

Much to Shigure's dismay, both he and Amai had decided not to sleep in the same room until the wedding. That also meant no sex for a month. Amai volunteered to sleep on the floor in Tohru's room but Shigure insisted that she should stay in their room and he would make space on the floor in his office. On the first night, Amai helped him set up his sleeping space.

"This actually looks quite cosy," Amai commented as she stood with her hands on her hips. "I honestly wouldn't mind staying here at all."
Shigure chuckled as he hugged her from behind. "Really?"
"Yeah. Being surrounded by all your works and reading to my heart's content? It's my 17 year old self's dream." She smiled and turned in his arms before wrapping her arms around his neck. "I never thought that one day I'd be marrying my favourite author. Although I did use to imagine myself as being Mrs Kiritani."
"You never told me that. I knew that you loved my books before we met but I didn't know you thought about marrying me."
She blushed softly. "Yeah, it's weird, I know. Thinking about marrying a complete stranger without knowing what he looked like. But with the way you wrote about relationships and women, it made me love that stranger."
He smiled and nudged his nose against hers. "Well, I'm glad that your dream has come true. And my dream of finding the most perfect heroine, not only for my books but for me as well."
"We're so lucky, aren't we?"
"Yes, we are." He softly pecked her lips. "You know, if you really like the thought of sleeping here, you could always join me."
She giggled at his suggestion. "As fun as that would be, we made a deal. Being apart for now will make our wedding night so much more special."
"I know but I don't like it," he whined.
She raised a brow. "It was your idea."
He sighed and dropped his head. "I was trying to be romantic. Plus, I didn't think you would agree."
"Well, it's too late now. Anyway, I've got errands to run tomorrow morning before going to see Ayame so I need sleep. And your publisher will be here early so you need to sleep as well."
He smiled innocently. "Oh, don't worry. I know exactly how to deal with her."
Amai frowned at him. "Please leave the poor woman alone."
"No promises."
She shook her head before kissing him softly. "Goodnight, baby."
"Sweet dreams."

After she left the room, Shigure sighed softly before switching off the light. He got into his makeshift bed and got himself comfortable before closing his eyes. The wedding was so close and he couldn't wait to be married to the woman of his dreams.

***

Before they knew it, there was only two weeks left until the wedding. Amai's dress was ready and was stored safely with Ayame so that Shigure didn't see it. Shigure's suit and the outfits for the family were all ready and the decorations, caterers and cake were all set to go. The wedding was going to take place in a hotel and that's where they would all get ready on the day.

They were having a more westernised ceremony, so both Shigure and Amai had already chosen their groomsmen and bridal party.

Amai had chosen Tohru to be her maid of honour and the female Sohmas were going to be her bridesmaids. The only thing she was missing was for someone to walk her down the aisle. Originally she thought that she would ask Hatori but she gave up on the idea because she wanted him to be Shigure's best man.

As she sat at the dining table in thought, she was soon joined by the Three Musketeers. They saw her sitting with her face in her hands as she leaned on the table.