Chapter Eleven

"Hmmm... What should I wear?"

Amai stood in front of the wardrobe and checked through her clothes. It would be her first time there and so she wanted to make a good impression. Especially because she knew that Akito would be judging her.

Shigure came up behind her. "Wear whatever you want. Just be yourself."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes. I want Akito to see the woman I fell in love with."
She smiled. "Okay."

She chose something she would have worn for new years anyway, whether she was meeting Akito or not. Even though she had never celebrated it with anyone, she would always make an effort. She changed into the dress that Ayame had made for her birthday and adorned it with the jewellery Kyo and Yuki had given her. And on her neck sat the necklace Shigure gifted to her. She never took it off anyway.

"Perfect!" Shigure chimed. He leaned down and pecked her lips. "Beautiful as always."
She blushed softly. "Thank you. Are you ready?"
"I am. Do you recognise this?"

He was dressed in one of his finer kimonos, one that Amai had bought for his birthday. Her eyes sparkled.

"Wow! It looks so good on you!"
He laughed. "I tried it on the day you bought it."
"I know," she grinned before tiptoeing to kiss his chin. "But that's gonna be my reaction every time you wear it."
He smiled as he took her hand. "I wouldn't have it any other way. Are you ready to go?"
"No," she said truthfully as they made their way downstairs, "but I want this over with as soon as possible."
"I agree." They entered the dining room. "Ready, Yuki?"
"Yes," he replied, getting up and heading out.
Amai looked at Kyo, who was still sitting with the TV on. "I'll be back soon, okay? We're still doing pizza, right?"
He smiled with a nod. "Yeah. Just text me when you're on your way back and I'll order it."
"Great! See ya later."

Amai, Shigure and Yuki left the house and made their way to the car. Yuki got into the back and Amai sat at the front. As Shigure began to drive, she began to feel nervous again. The feeling of anxiety was making her heart feel incredibly heavy and she had to open the window because she was feeling hot.

Shigure noticed her sudden change. He reached out and held her hand, still keeping his eyes on the road.

"It'll be okay, Amai," he said quietly.
She put on a smile. "I know..."

It wasn't long before they reached the huge front gates of the estate. Amai was in awe at the gates as they opened to allow them in. Shigure drove in and parked the car near the front before they all got out.

As they walked through, Amai was amazed by all the houses. Shigure explained how the place was divided. There was one section for the members of the Zodiac, and another separate section for the Sohmas who didn't know about the curse.

Amai wondered why Shigure never took her there before but it was only because he was trying to keep her away from Akito. He only brought her there because he wanted to marry her and make her his wife.

Upon arriving at the Main House, they were greeted by Ayame, Hatori and some other kid with black and white hair. Of course, they were all surprised to see Amai there.

"Amai?" Ayame called as if he was unable to believe that she was really there. "What are you doing here?"
"Akito invited her," Shigure answered.
"Do you think this was wise, Shigure?" Hatori asked him.
"I had no choice..."
Amai pouted slightly. "Come on, guys. I'm already nervous and you're not helping!"
"Oh, I'm sorry, dear," Ayame said. "We just adore you so much that we worry unnecessarily."
"So, you're Amai?" the other kid asked her.
She blinked and looked over at him before smiling. "Yep! And I'm guessing you're Hatsuharu!"
He smiled. "Yeah. I gotta say that Shigure's really got good taste."
Shigure frowned and pulled Amai behind him. "Run along and prepare for the banquet. You too, Yuki."
Yuki nodded. "I'll see you back at home, Amai."
She waved at him. "Have fun!"