Chapter Five

The next morning, Amai had woken early and got started on her assignment. She didn't want to disturb Shigure's sleep and she knew she couldn't become dependent on him. She even heard Yuki and Kyo arguing as they left for school. About half an hour later, she could hear Shigure in the distance.

"Amai?"
"I'm here, Shigure," she called out.
Seconds later, the office door slid open. "Ah, there you are," he smiled.

He was standing there with his usual kimono on. He must have just thrown it on as part of his chest was showing and Amai couldn't help but blush lightly as she looked back at the computer screen.

"You're up early," he said as he stepped in.
"Yeah. I just wanted to get started on this early. I don't want to put it off."
"Have you eaten breakfast?"
She shook her head. "No..."
He chuckled quietly. "I'll get us something to eat."
"Okay."

He left to the kitchen to get them both some breakfast. He made rice and soup with some tea on the side before placing them on a tray and returning to his office. Upon returning, he found Amai reading through one of the textbooks for information.

"Take a break now," he said, placing the tray on the desk.
"Okay, one second..." She typed a few more words to finish of her sentence. "And done!"
He chuckled, sitting opposite her. "How many words have you done?" he asked, placing her tea in front of her.
"Only about 300." She held her cup and took a small sip of the tea. "I need to do at least another 500 today."
"Well, don't worry. We'll do as much as we can now and then take the rest of the day off."

She nodded before going silent. She was really enjoying her breakfast and she almost forgot how amazing Shigure's tea was. After breakfast, he helped her continue with her assignment. She managed to work so much quicker with his help and she had passed her target for the day. He even took over the typing at one point because she was typing for so long.

She sat beside him and watched as he saved her progress, taking extra precaution to send it to her as an email as well just to have a back up copy. She smiled and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Thank you."
He smiled. "It's alright." He took hold of her hand and kissed it. "You'll have this completed in no time."
She lifted her head to look at him. "How's your book coming along?"
"I haven't written anything down yet. Just notes on your cute characteristics, the way your eyes sparkle when you smile, the way you make me feel," he said, making her blush. "I want to spend all of these moments with you before writing your book."
She smiled, leaning up to kiss his cheek. "You're so cute."
He giggled, waving his hand. "I try. But you're cuter."

She smiled as her cheeks blushed pink. Leaning down, he pressed his lips to hers and kissed her softly. She closed her eyes as their lips moved together slowly. However, seconds later as she went to place her arm around him, he quickly grabbed hold of her wrist. She instantly pulled away from the kiss and looked up at him in confusion.

"What's wrong?"
He blinked, trying to think of an excuse. "Sorry. I just remembered I have to make an important phonecall. It completely slipped my mind."
She giggled. "And the kiss reminded you?"
He laughed wryly. "I guess it did."
She playfully rolled her eyes. "Go on then. I'll put this stuff away and I'll be out."

He nodded with a smile before getting up and leaving the office. He made his way around the corner before breathing a deep sigh of relief.

'That was close... I need to be more careful...'

***

They then spent some of the day going to the supermarket to grab for dinner before heading back and making dinner together. When Kyo and Yuki returned, they ate together before Kyo decided to question them.