Chapter Twenty

It was around 6:15pm and Amai had just finished getting ready. She opted for a royal blue cocktail dress, which had an off-the-shoulder neckline and was fitted to her curves. She wore the bracelet and earrings that Yuki and Kyo had bought her and as always, she kept on the necklace Shigure had given her. Just as she put her shoes on, there was a knock at the door. She quickly rushed over to the door and opened it to find Shigure standing there in a suit and holding a bouquet of flowers. They were roses but amongst the roses were stems of bluebells.

His own mind faltered when he saw her all dressed up. He couldn't get over how beautiful she looked.

"W-wow... You look... You look stunning."
She blushed deeply, feeling like a 17 year old girl again going on her first date. "Thank you. You look very handsome as usual."
"Thank you." He handed her the bouquet with a charming smile. "For you, my lady."
She laughed softly as she took the flowers. "They're beautiful."
"I can confidently say that they're nowhere near as beautiful as you, Amai."
Her heart melted at his words as she shook her head. "I wouldn't go that far."
He stepped closer to her and gently held her face, gazing deep into her eyes. "But you are incredibly beautiful."

She became lost in his cool, grey eyes and blushed even deeper as her heart fluttered. Closing her eyes, she tiptoed up a little and pressed her lips to his. He kissed her tenderly, completely taking her breath away. She hummed softly as they parted from the kiss, loving smiles on both of their faces.

"Shall we?" he asked.
"Mhm."

She placed the flowers on the side table before leaving the apartment with him. After she locked the door, he took her hand as they left the building. He led her to the car, opening the door for her and letting her in. Once she was in, he closed her door before getting in behind the wheel. Starting up the car, he began driving.

"So, any guesses on where we're going?" he asked her.
"No," she pouted. "Do you know how hard it was for me to choose what to wear?"
"Well, if it's any consolation, you look perfect."
"Thank you, but what if I decided to wear jeans and a t-shirt?"
"Then you would still look absolutely perfect."
Her cheeks turned pink as she smiled. "You always know what to say."
"It's because it's true." He reached his hand out and placed it over hers. "You know, it doesn't feel as though we've been apart for so long. It's as if you've always been with me."
She smiled and held onto his hand. "I'm glad. But we're going to make up for all that lost time."
He nodded. "Yes, we are."

Just a couple of minutes later, Shigure pulled up outside the restaurant. Amai looked out of her window and upon seeing the building, her face lit up.

"The Amethyst Garden?!" she gasped excitedly. "This is where you brought me on our first date."
He chuckled quietly. "That's right. I thought we could reminisce for our first date after four years."
She turned to him with a bright smile. "I love it!"

The man wearing uniform outside opened her door for her and helped her out. Shigure went to her and passed over his keys for his car to be valet parked. As they were shown inside, Amai couldn't help but look around in wonder. The place had updated a little, as was expected, but otherwise it was exactly how she remembered it. The maître de showed them to their table, which also just so happened to be the same table they sat at four years prior.

"This is amazing, Shigure."
He smiled happily. "I'm glad you like it."
She smiled as she placed her hands on the table. "Thank you."
His brows furrowed slightly as he reached his hands out and held onto hers. "For what?"
"For never forgetting me. I know it must have been so hard for you but you could have easily asked Hatori to erase your memories too. Yet you didn't. And if you did forget about me, I would have been truly alone in this world."
"Nothing in this world can ever make me forget about you. I would rather have suffered for the rest of my life than forget about you. The year we were together was the most amazing time of my life. There was no way I could forget about you." He lifted her hands to his lips and kissed them softly. "I love you so, so much."
She blushed deeply as she smiled. "I love you so, so much, too."