Chapter Twenty Five

A couple of weeks had passed. Amai had resolve in her heart and she was going to go ahead with her plan. She wished she could tell Shigure but the less he knew, the better. She doubted he would allow her to go ahead with it if he knew what she was going to do. She made all the preparations she needed to make and she was ready to commence her plan.

It was finally Friday and the weekend had arrived. Amai, Tohru, Kyo and Yuki arrived home at the same time, all ready to enjoy time at home. The kids went up to their rooms to freshen up whilst Amai went to Shigure's office.

"We're home," she announced as she slid the door open.

Her eyes widened a little as she saw Shigure fast asleep with his head on his desk. He snored away lightly and Amai couldn't help but smile. Making his way over to him, she crouched down and placed her hand on his cheek.

"Shigure," she called gently. "Wake up, baby."
He began grumbling in his sleep. "Books... So many books..."
She giggled to herself before moving her hand to his shoulder and shaking him a little. "Get up, Shigure. You're going to hurt your back sleeping like that. You should go up to bed." She was met by more snoring making her sigh deeply. "I'm dressed as a high school girl."
His head lifted instantly. "Where?!"

Amai burst out laughing as Shigure woke up even more before noticing that she was in fact not dressed as a high school girl. He pouted in disappointment and frowned at her.

"That was mean."
She giggled quietly. "I'm sorry, but it's the only way I could wake you up." She ran her fingers through his hair. "You've been working so hard, Shigure. You need to get some proper rest."
"I will, I promise. As soon as I've finished this book, the two of us will go away to the cabin over the holiday. So, I want to get this done before then."
She smiled. "I can't wait. I'll tell you what, go and freshen up. I'm gonna get changed and I'll make us all something to eat."
"That sounds perfect."

***

Tohru helped Amai prepare the meals for the boys and they all sat around the table and ate together. There was a couple of weeks left before the end of term and then they would get a two week holiday before the next term began. However, the kids had exams after the weekend that would span over the next two weeks.

"Now, just because it's the weekend, it doesn't mean you kids can start slacking with your schoolwork," Shigure told them. "Your exams begin on Monday."
"Ugh, don't remind me," Kyo groaned.
"It's not as if we can slack off anyway," Yuki said. "With Amai here, even Kyo hasn't missed a single deadline."
"Yeah, that's 'cause she's always on my case," he huffed at Amai.
She smiled brightly. "You're welcome."
"Um, Amai?" Tohru called timidly.
"Yes?"
"I was just wondering if you could help me with my literature revision."
"Of course, Tohru. I'd be more than happy to help you."
Tohru smiled. "Thank you so much!"
Kyo coughed quietly. "After you've helped Tohru, you can help me with maths."
"Is that a demand or a request?" she joked.
He glared at her. "Please?"
She nodded. "Of course."
And then Yuki looked at her. "Perhaps after that, could you help me with history?"
"Yes, of course, Yuki."
Shigure sighed dramatically. "With all of you needing help, I won't get any time at all with my precious Amai!"
"You always spend time with her!" growled Kyo.
"Well, she's my fiancé!"

Amai laughed quietly. Shigure was just as melodramatic as always. Holding his hand over the table, she calmed him.

"It's only until their exams are over. I promise."
He sighed before smiling. "Fine, fine. I suppose that's fair."

He lifted her hand to his lips and placed a soft kiss on her fingers. She smiled and blushed, feeling all giddy inside much to the disgust of the boys who were retching. Shigure and Amai were used to their reactions and casually returned to eating.