Part 6- The shopping trip

Y/N POV

I dragged the girls into one of Tony's cars and we headed into the city. As we drove I was deep in my own mind, trying to plan our trip, to make it slightly less painful for the girls.

"What first y/n?" Nat asked me, she already looked exhausted, she knew it would be a long shopping trip, even if I didn't get distracted. Both the girls knew I didn't need their advice or opinion, they were more there to keep me company, remind me how shopping worked, and to help me carry all the bags we'd end up with.

To my surprise neither Nat or Tony had made any complaints about going shopping and spending money on Loki. They probably knew there was no stopping me and neither of them ever seemed to want to upset me. They all think I'm soft or gentle. In Alsoi we just don't really fight, I've come to realise we're a lot better at communicating than humans.

I thought for a few seconds before responding, "Clothes, clothes first" I decided, nodding. Wanda cocked her head to the side before asking "how will you know what fits him? Magic?". I shrugged in response, I mean she wasn't really wrong "something like that...".

We arrived at a large store that towered above us. I began thinking about what the Jotunn would want. I'm surprised no one had mentioned he wasn't Asgardian before, did they not know he was a frost giant? Steve had mentioned once that Loki was adopted, but he's a different species all together! It only took me a second to work it out, but I thought I should keep it to myself, in case this was meant to be some sort of secret.

I ran my hands over all the expensive materials in the store, hardly listening to the chatter of the people watching us. I finally selected two suits, one grey and one black. A beautiful Green blazer and some plain but still excellent shirts.

Something told me he wouldn't be caught wearing anything other than a suit or smart trousers outside his room, but I still picked up some light sweaters and comfy trousers. Being Jotunn I'm sure he doesn't enjoy feeling too warm so I didn't buy anything heavy. As we got ready to leave the store a pair of green striped PJ bottoms caught my eye, something told me that he would love them, even if no one ever saw.

Bedding and pillows were easy to find, his colours seemed to be very popular this spring and so I found all sorts of different shades of gold and green. Walking into a vintage store I found an adorable felted lampshade in the shape of a stags head, with large horns. While Nat had turned her nose up and insisted it was 'horribly gaudy' I needed it for him, it was somehow perfect. I thought it would make him laugh.

After four hours of running round stores we slumped into the car. "Please tell me we're done Y/N?" Nat pleaded. "just one more stop, I need to stop by Mr Matsumoto's for books"

I turned to the two avengers and looked at their drawn faces, they looked so tired and fed up. "Honestly, you two can run around saving the world but you can't manage a couple hours shopping!" I laughed.

"You know Tony could have all of this delivered, plus you move at the speed of light Y/N!" Wanda joked.

The car pulled into a much quieter part of town, and I weaved my way through the streets to the little bookshop I had once called home. It was still my favourite place to be.

The door opened and the bell sounded, the little old man's head popped out from a row of books "Y/N!" He exclaimed, "to what to I owe the pleasure, the books you asked me to find aren't in yet!"

I smiled and ran over to hug him placing my forehead to his "Mr Matsumoto! How are you? How is your health? I'm actually here for a friend" he smiled and turned to the girls behind me.

Since I moved in with the Avengers we'd visited him a few times and he was always happy to see them, "well it's not every day I have the avengers in my little store, have a look round little one and I will make some tea for your very tired companions".