Part 18- Training begins

a/n- sorry I've been so silent, I was away and thought I would have wifi...  

Y/N POV

The ride back home was silent. Completely silent. No one knew what to say. The fight had been long and hard, the end of the fight had been, well it had been weird as Hel. 

When we arrived back home Cap stopped both Loki and I and said "get changed and then join me in the meeting room please".

After a shower I headed down to the meeting room, walking in I saw most of the team watching a clip of the fight. Loki and I talking, holding hands, green mist everywhere, mist clearing, hundreds of enhanced asleep. 

"Okay everyone except Loki and y/n out please".

I sat down and Loki sat next to me, they were quiet, shell shocked, just like me. "Did either of you know how powerful combining magic would be?" We both shook our heads, "Why did you do it?" I opened my mouth but Loki beat me to it "We were being overrun, we thought combining powers would make more sense, neither of us expected that though".

Cap nodded "Well, obviously your magic works well together, Tony is off at a press thing, the news is going crazy. Y/n I know you and Wanda train together, but I'd like you to start training with Loki as well. Loki I know we haven't discussed you coming back into the field yet. But I think we're going to have a hard time with the media if you don't show up." Loki nodded.

Tony walked into the room "All sorted with the media for now, I think we need a debrief, things didn't go great" Steve agreed and Tony went to call in the rest of the team.

"Oh, you two, thanks, you saved our asses back there, it's just new and kind of terrifying how powerful you are together. But thank you and good job." I mock gasped at Cap just as everyone else walked in. The air was a little tense so I pointed at Steve and yelled "CAP JUST SAID ASS".

The debrief didn't go great, Tony told us that while we'd been getting on the jet some of the enhanced had woken up in the containment area and broke out. We didn't have anyone to question and whoever was controlling them got their army back. We all headed to the kitchen and ordered pizza, we were starving and tired.

Clint and Loki seemed especially upset at the idea that those people had been brought right back into mind control.

LOKI's POV

It was late, but I couldn't sleep, my mind was racing. The electricity I usually felt between the two of us had only amplified as we'd shared magic, it was terrifying. Like nothing I'd ever felt. 

I was pacing my room, trying to calm my mind when I heard something crash in y/n's room. Without thinking I ran across the hallway and burst into her room.

I heard a squeak of fear and looked around. "Y/n are you in here? Are you okay?" I asked panicked. I saw a poof of green mist from behind the bed, before she stood up. 

"Loki you nearly..." I realised she wouldn't have had her illusion up in her room, I looked down "Lady y/n I am so sorry for barging in your room unannounced, I heard a crash and worried". She laughed, "No, it's okay, I dropped a stack of books, sorry for worrying you".

I moved towards her, "Do you want to talk about earlier?" I asked, she shifted uncomfortably "I'm not sure honestly, it was, it was a lot" I nodded. I placed my hand on her shoulder "It was an awful lot, I can't sleep either".

"We're supposed to start training tomorrow, we need to sleep!" she said, half joking, half worrying. I was feeling too emotional to sleep. The day had started by me showing my true self to the team, included a lengthy battle with super soldiers and ended with me combining powers to become the most powerful I had ever been.