Part 7- A happy place

Y/N POV

A few days had passed since Loki's arrival, we hadn't spoken since I left his room that night, but I tried not to let that bother me. He'd seemed so happy, maybe he just wasn't used to showing his emotions.

Every morning I sit in the kitchen chatting to Bucky, he's the only one that wakes up as early as me. Today we were debating how many holes were in a straw, when Bruce joined us it got quite heated. "IT'S ONE HOLE" screamed Bucky as Bruce shakes his head "IT'S TWO HOLES!" Bruce shouted, slightly green and very irritated. I piped up "I think you'll find it's infinite holes!", they both turned to me and threw their hands up laughing.

I really enjoyed my mornings with Bucky, drinking coffee and trying to solve all the problems in the universe, but everyone filters in eventually and the room becomes loud but just as fun. As I was giggling at Thor who'd just discovered hot chocolate (I have no idea how it took him this long!) I held my head, the humming in my brain felt so strong at times that I didn't know what to do. I was trying to come to terms with what I thought was happening but I just couldn't, we'd hardly spoken.

As I was lost in my thoughts Loki entered the kitchen, we were all sat around in joggers or pjs, and there he was, in the black suit I had got him. I blushed slightly, he looked stunning.

He made his way to the kettle and started making himself a cup of tea, I couldn't take my eyes off him. This didn't go unnoticed and Bucky titled his head onto my shoulder "What cha watching Y/N?" I jumped out of my skin. "Oh just staring into space! You know me!" I laughed, but he didn't look convinced.

My head was pounding and my chest felt so tight, so I jumped up with my coffee and announced I was heading to my room for the day. I needed some alone time anyway.

I slipped into the deep green oversized sweater that had become my favourite piece of clothing, and a pair of leggings, taking off the shoes Tony had made me try I ran through the halls of the complex to my favourite place. The library.

LOKI's POV

I was still angry at myself for my emotional slip up on my first night. Y/N had seen my reaction. To call it humiliating would be an understatement. I had spent the last few days enjoying my room, Thor had mentioned that there was a library somewhere in the complex and I planned to find it today.

When I had entered the kitchen everyone was already there. I nodded to Steve as he stood next to me while I turned on the kettle to make myself a cup of tea. I noticed Y/N watching me in the corner. Before I could make eye contact with her, Barnes placed his head on her shoulder and whispered something to her. I felt a sudden rush of envy, though I have no idea why.

Before I had even found the tea, she had got up and announced she was leaving. I was watching her leave when Steve handed me a tea cup, I looked it over, it was delicate and really beautiful, "Nice mug" I mumbled. "y/n picked it out for you yesterday" Natasha called over. "Of course she did" I sighed.

Once I had made the necessary amount of small talk with my 'roommates' I headed back to my Barwen to get myself dressed, seeing as none of these Midgardians looked like they could read I was sure I'd be safe to dress down slightly. With Thor's directions I set off to find this library.

Y/N POV

I curled up on the small sofa by the large glass window in the library, it over looked the forest that surrounded the compound, the view always made me smile. I had found a romance book that was meant to be very famous on Midgard, it was about a strong woman who was falling in love with a rich man, who was sort of rude and yet very loving. I wondered to myself as I began who had the pride and who the prejudice.

As I sipped my coffee I heard the door slide open, this was odd, no one really comes in the library. Of course they all pop in occasionally, but it certainly wasn't usual. It was then that I realised the humming in my head had grown, looking up I saw Loki. I smiled when I saw what he was wearing, he clearly had not expected company. He still wore a pair of smart black trousers, but on top was the comfy green sweater I had found him. He looked almost human, but there was no doubt to me that he was a god. I laughed to myself, we were matching!

Loki looked at me, I was held in his eyes for what felt like a life time. All of a sudden, he turned to leave. "No!" I squeaked, internally cursing myself for the way I sounded. He turned to me with a wry smile "What was that darling?", my heart fluttered. Clearing my throat I said "you don't need to leave, come and sit, there are so many books here. I can leave if you wanted to be alone, or I could just look out the window I guess..." I was rambling, he was no longer listening to me as he scanned the book shelves.

I slumped back down into my chair and watched him quietly select a book on Norse mythology. "That's a bit vain isn't it?" I teased, he looked me up and down again, he smiled "well I wanted to see how much the Midgardians got wrong, maybe if you tell me where you're from we can laugh at that too". He was stepping towards me slowly, tilting his head, watching me.

I backed further into my chair and he stopped coming towards me, almost surprised that I hadn't stood up to meet him. I turned back to my book "you'll have to let me know what you find then" I replied, in as level a tone as I could manage. He nodded at me, as if he'd lost interest again he walked away, sitting in a chair on the opposite side of the library.

Maybe I was making it up, but I was sure he looked over to me just as often as I tried to steal glimpses of him.