Part 16- A normal life

a/n a bit of a long one x

Y/N POV

Another few days of healing and I was starting to feel myself again. I had spent nearly all my time on the grass outside the compound. Being around nature had me healing faster than anything else. "It's extraordinary" Bruce mused as he looked at my Xray. "Y/N, two weeks ago nearly every bone in your body was broken, I thought, well we thought you wouldn't..." He trailed off as he looked at me.

"Oh ye of little faith Bruce, you can't just drop half a building on me to get rid of me, you're stuck with me" I laughed as I sipped my tea on the medical bed. "Here's the question doc, can I go outside yet? Like outside outside, somewhere not here".

Bruce took a deep breath in "Well, according to this you're perfectly healthy. I can't exactly tell you to stay in bed can I? Just take someone with you please, in case." I leapt off the bed and hugged him "Thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!" I squealed. As much as everyone had tried to keep me company I was bored as Hel and needed to escape.

I ran downstairs to the living room to find everyone watching a movie, Fight Club. "Wanda, hey gal! I can leave, lets go shopping? Let's climb a mountain, ANYTHING" she laughed at me "That's fantastic y/n, but I've got some stuff to do today, can we go tomorrow?" I slumped on the sofa next to her and sighed, everyone was always so busy.

Loki leaned forward from his seat, "You know Lady Y/n, I've been meaning to ask where you got those beautiful books from?", I smiled at him before realising "SHIT!", which of course got a round of 'Language!' from everyone. "Has anyone spoken to Mr Matsumoto? Does he know I was sick? Does he know I'm okay? I was meant to see him last week!" I started pacing looking at the team while they all looked at each other blankly.

Bucky wandered in with Sam, they were laughing at some inside joke. "What's wrong with you lot?" Sam asked noticing the tension in the room as he jumped in between Cap and Tony, making himself comfy. "You all forgot to tell the ONLY other person in my life I was sick, He's probably freaking out. He would have seen the attack on TV!". Bucky came up behind me, "Relax Y/n, I phoned him when we brought you back and I dropped by his last week to let him know you were okay!". I hugged Buck so tight I thought he might burst.

The team sighed in relief, happy to have avoided the impending break down. "Kiss ass" Tony muttered under his breath.

"That's settled then I need to go see him, Loki, do you want to join me? Lunch and then some new books?" I asked as casually as I could manage. "I would be honoured Lady Y/n, though I am quite interested in this film, could we perhaps wait till it finishes?" He asked hopefully "Nope absolutely not, you want to know how it ends? He's..." Loki transported himself to directly in front of me and placed a hand over my mouth.

"I want to make it very clear little one, we can go right now, but if you ruin this film for me I will make it my project for the next month to ruin all sorts of tiny annoying things for you every day until you snap" He gave me a very stern, but joking look, "Are we agreed?" he asked, I nodded and then licked the inside of his hand. He jumped back "UGH Y/N that is disgusting!". Everyone erupted into laughter at the grossed out god. "Get changed Loki, you have literally 30 seconds before we leave!".

LOKI's POV

Having quickly checked with Wanda what one is meant to wear to lunch and a book shop, I had settled on my smart trousers and a shirt. It was fairly warm outside so I didn't need much else. I stood at the lift waiting for Y/n, she came running out of her room, buzzing with excitement.

As we stepped into the lift she was on the phone "I'll be there soon, I'm bringing that friend I told you about!" She said, the way she spoke reminded me of how I speak with mother. This man was clearly important. She looked lovely, she'd altered the illusion slightly so that her hair was curled loosely and fell just below her shoulders. She wore a pair of black jeans and a light colourful jumper. She always looked stylish. I must say I envied her ability to look so good while still being so comfortable. As I looked down at her I realised she wasn't wearing shoes. While she chatted away I teleported to her room and grabbed the boots she always wore. Back in the lift I handed them to her, she rolled her eyes, put the phone between her head and shoulder and pulled the shoes on.