Part 14- A turning point

LOKI's POV

As soon as Starks voice ended through the speakers, she looked at me. "I need to go" she said apologetically, "something must be really wrong" she ran into her room and within seconds reappeared in her mission suit. It was very similar to Romanovs, a sleek black design, it excentuated her curves and yet seemed easy to move in. Green lines ran down her sides and a small green and black hooded robe ran over her shoulders. It was simple, and yet beautiful.  She began to run to the lift, "Wait! Y/n" I called out, she spun round to me, hope filled her eyes. "Let me take you, it's clearly an emergency", I said plainly, I walked towards her and placed my hand on her shoulder.

I transported us to outside the Quinjet, most of the team were there already. She rubbed her eyes in an effort to hide the red in them from the tears. I looked up to see Barnes watching my every move. As y/n ran towards Wanda and the jet, I nodded at him. He sighed a huge sigh of relief, and walked into the jet. The doors closed behind them, and the ship took off.

Y/N POV

We strapped ourselves into our seats as Steve began to explain "okay guys, Fury just called us, there's a group of enhanced making strategic attacks throughout the city. Police tried to engage but things got very messy. They've brought some pretty big guns in with them. This is going to be a tough fight. A really tough one." The look on Steve's face told us all that this mission was going to be dangerous.

"I want us to stick in teams, Thor and Bruce I want you up front and centre, make a noise, keep their attention, Pietro and Nat, I want you guys to get civilians out of there. Vision and Tony, get up in the sky and take down any ariel threats, Sam take Clint someplace he can shoot and then join Vision and Tony in the air. Y/n and Wanda, I need you guys to bring your best magic, I have a feeling that these enhanced are being controlled somehow, Wanda get in their heads if you can, try and calm them down, y/n do the same as long as you can, but if you see people down I need you helping them, we're not losing any lives today, Wanda will cover you. Bucky, you and I will keep on the move, take as many out as we can and help Thor and Bruce when they need it. Any questions?"

We all shook our heads, Wanda held my hand. We were in silence, Bucky was sitting next to me and leaned over "Did you get a chance to talk to Loki yet?" I nodded, "Yup, just about finished my speech in time for the siren to sound". Bucky gave me a sympathetic look "I'm routing for you guys, I like seeing you this happy. We all do" a little louder he said "Damn terrorists, don't they know we have personal lives?". This got a small laugh from the team.

The doors to the jet opened to pure chaos. Screaming and crashing came from every direction. None of us hesitated for a second. We were up and out, the plan was in motion. I tried my best to ignore any unnecessary chatter coming in my ear. Wanda had just thrown a car at a group of shooters who had been aiming at some civilians hiding in a café. It gave Pietro enough time to whisk them all out. Drones were falling from the sky as the guys up there hit them down, one landed just in front of me "Hey watch it birdman you nearly flattened me", Sam flew past me again "Oh sorry your majesty, I'll be more careful when fighting KILLER DRONES next time".

It wasn't just a few enhanced, it was a small army, all of them had the same glazed over orange eyes. Cap was right, they were being controlled. Wanda and I had managed to put about 20 of them in sleep states, but there were more and more coming. We couldn't seem to knock them out of it, only getting them to sleep was working, which also meant keeping them alseep.

A news helicopter that had been flying above came crashing to the ground, "Watch out up there, they've got something capable of taking down aircrafts" Clint called.

As Wanda and I ran through the streets I heard a horrifying scream, we turned to see a kid lying on the floor, hardly moving. His mother was screaming for help, trying to pull him from the wreck of their car, which had been hit by some debris. Wanda nodded, covering me from attacks I ran to the boy and started doing what I did best, tending to life. It wasn't long before the boy was stable enough "Pietro, I have two more get them out!" I screamed through my ear piece, he was there and gone in seconds. I stood up and ran back towards Wanda.

Suddenly there was a crash, a crunch and a scream.

Was that me screaming?

Everything went dark.

LOKI's POV

They had been gone hours, I was beginning to worry. Eventually I went down to the living space and asked Jarvis to turn the news on, in the hopes that I could find out what was happening. I was shocked at the pictures on the screen.

A helicopter camera was trying to film the destruction taking place below. I couldn't tell what was happening and by the sounds of it, neither could the newscaster, who could only say to evacuate your home if you lived in a certain area and to rest assure that the Avengers were on the scene.

Fires were burning, explosions, gun shots. I closed my eyes for a second, opening them I noticed red magic swirling, that was the witch. Next to that was green magic, I couldn't quite make out what was happening, but it seemed that Wanda and y/n were working together. Suddenly something flew towards the helicopter, the camera cut dead. The newscaster gasped, and the channel cut to adverts.

....

It was 3am, nearly 15 hours after the team had left when I heard the jet land. I transported myself down to them, as the doors open I began to make a snide joke about being woken up, but Thor rushed to me, holding someone in his arms. "Loki, good, take her, take her and Banner to the med bay, now!" Banner grabbed my arm and Thor threw the girl into my arms.

 It wasn't till I landed us in the med bay and I placed her down on the bed, that I realised who I was carrying. She was hardly breathing, covered in blood. A strange mixture of illusion and reality mixed together, a sort of haze was over her body, uncounsious and yet still trying to hide. Y/n laid on the table. Before I could ask any questions Banner was running round, and the surgeon Dr Strange arrived through a portal. They rushed around me as if I was invisible.

"Loki, you have to come with me" a heavy accent and soft voice spoke behind me, I turned to see Wanda, she too was covered in blood. It took me a moment to realise that it was not her own. Of course, they had been working together. She must have carried y/n to the jet. Wanda was shaking, tears were running down her cheeks, she took my hand and pulled me out of the room, as the doors closed, I saw Banner place a large needle into y/n's arm and a mask over her shifting face.

Y/N POV

The lights were shining bright, even with my eyes closed, I could feel the white LEDs burning into my head. There were so many noises, beeping and humming. As I woke up more I heard a soft voice singing quietly next to me. It was a lullaby, one I recognised, an old Asgardian lullaby. The voice was like honey, drowning out everything else, drowning out the pain and noise. I turned my head and opened my eyes.

Loki sat in a chair next to me, hands clasped together, he was watching me. He was wearing the same clothes as he had when I'd left this morning, good, it must only be later in the day, I must have just collapsed.

"Y/n!? by the gods, you're awake" He jumped up, pressing a button next to me, he opened the door to what I now realised was the med bay and screamed out of it "BANNER SHE'S AWAKE". I was confused by his reaction, I opened my mouth to speak, but as I moved I felt shooting pain run through me. "Shh darling, don't speak, rest yourself" I closed my eyes as he held my hand. 

I heard the doors open and several sets of feet run into the room. He leaned close to me and whispered "all is forgiven my love".