Part 12- The Silent treatment

a/n- still sorry 

Y/N POV

As soon as the door slammed I let out a sob. I fell to the floor picking up the broken tea cup, and wiped the tea up in my sleeve. "y/n? what's happened" a sleepy voice called to me. Bucky was sitting up right in bed, I could feel how hungover he was. The slamming door and my sobs had woken him up.

"Nothing it's fine. You should go" I managed between my tears. He got out of bed, he was wearing his suit from last night, but the shirt was half undone and the blazer was neatly folded over my reading chair, the one that looked almost identical to the chair I had made Loki. He bent down beside me and put an arm out to comfort me. I slapped him away.

"y/n talk to me" he said softly.

"It's just"

sob

"I don't remember"

Sob

"and Loki just"

That was all I could manage before I completely broke down. Bucky took a deep sigh. "y/n, nothing happened between us last night" he started "You were so drunk, Thor and I carried you to bed, we made you drink some water and take some pain killers."

"You were upset about something, complaining about your head, something about a call being too loud" he was stroking my back now, trying to calm me. "You were really upset and scared, you seemed like you were in a lot of pain, Thor went back to the party pretty quickly because you said he was making your head worse. But you asked me to stay and I did, I was just sitting with you till you fell asleep but I guess I passed out at some point, I'm sorry y/n".

Sniffing I asked "why are you sorry?" he rubbed his head, "I'd hate to think I messed things up between you and Loki just because I fell asleep", I was taken aback "Nothing has happened between Loki and I" I mumbled. "No, I know, but we all see how you two look at each other, he's made such an effort to make amends with everyone and it's because of you. Even Clint thinks it's cute." I was lost for words, they could all see it? Was it that obvious?

He stood up and grabbed his jacket, "look y/n I can stay if you like but I feel like you need time on your own, I'll send one of the girls up if you like?" I nodded in response, eyes facing the floor, staring at the broken tea cup. It looked how I felt.

LOKI's POV

"STUPID, YOU'RE SO FUCKING STUPID LOKI, DID YOU REALLY THINK SHE WOULD GO FOR YOU? YOU'RE UNLOVEABLE, A MURDERER, YOU'RE THE MONSTER PARENTS TELL THEIR CHILDREN ABOUT AT NIGHT" I was pacing my room, half thinking half screaming, tearing everything except my books apart, destroying this place she had built for me. I felt humiliated, I had been wrong about everything. Of course it was Barnes, I thought back to him whispering in her ear while I made tea, to the early mornings they shared together. How had I got this so wrong? She was just being nice to me the way she was nice to everyone.

A knock came at the door "GO AWAY" I screamed at the door, the knock came again, but louder, "I SAID..."

"I heard what you said Brother, now let me in". I opened the door to Thor and continued to pace. Not making eye contact with him.

"Brother what on Asgard has happened to your mood, last night you were so..." I turned to him, glaring "Do not speak a word of last night oaf or I will drive a dagger into you and twist it till you fall". Thor took a step back, it had been a long time since I had threatened him.

Pulling himself together he said "Loki, I know not what has caused you this distress, but I am here, I love you and I want to help". I rolled my eyes at him "Oh really brother?" I spat "You LOVE me and yet you dragged me to this place, condemned me to live in this world with these people" He stepped towards me still holding his arms to me. I slapped him away. "Brother, you wanted to come here, you said yourself that earth was calling for your return, it was you who asked, do you not remember?". I walked away from him, pacing again shaking my head, "Brother, perhaps you could go for a walk with y/n? or go to the library with her, she seems to cheer you up". With no warning I teleported to behind him, holding a dagger to his throat "Do not speak of that quim in front of me brother, ever again."

Thor held his hands up as I stepped back. He nodded to me and said "I will leave you alone brother, but know that I am here, when you are ready to talk".

Y/N POV

It was impossible not to hear the screaming through the walls. My heart broke further and further with every word. I could feel his rage, his sadness, the feelings of bertayal so strongly as if they were my own. A soft knock came to the door "Go away Thor I don't want to talk", there was a silence before I heard a familiar voice "It's me y/n" Wanda called. She opened the door quietly and looked at me, curled up on the floor.

"Y/n what happened darling?" I flinched as she used the word, she came to me on the floor and pulled me into a hug as I sobbed on her. I began to explain but I couldn't, I put her hand on my head and managed to say "look".

Hesitantly at first she looked at me, unsure whether or not to enter my mind, but I held her hand there. It was too much, I needed someone to know. She took a deep breath and went into my mind. I showed her it all, my family, my planet, what Umesco's were, explaining what the call was and when I first heard it. 

I showed her the day we met and the call getting even louder. I showed her my brother and Votina standing next to each other and how they fit together perfectly. I showed her when Loki first arrived, the way the call had turned into a scream in my head as soon as I looked at him. I showed her the puzzle falling into place. Then I showed her this morning, Loki and the tea, and finally Bucky. When she was finally done, she opened her eyes and gasped, I sat in front of her in my true form. A tear rolled down her face as she shared my saddnes, Wanda threw her arms around me, all she could manage to say was "oh honey".

...

It had been six days since the party, each day was the same, I walked into a room, he walked out. I knocked on his door, he wouldn't answer. If we all sat together for a meal, he didn't speak a single word and would leave as soon as he finished eating. I felt empty. 

No one asked about it. I knew Wanda hadn't told a soul about what I'd shown her. But between Bucky and Thor, I'm sure they'd given enough of the story to ensure no one asked a single question. Thor had tried to speak to me two days ago, but I had been avoiding him, I couldn't look at him after hearing the conversation him and Loki had. 

I was walking back to my barwen, I need to get back into bed, I had trained so hard with Nat that I'd blown her off her feet with a hit. "Woah y/n, you're not actually meant to kill me" She'd joked, before returning to the silence we had trained in for the last week.

As I reached for my door, Loki turned the corner. Seeing me he stopped still. As he went to turn away I called out "Loki please!", for the first time in six days I heard his voice. It sent a pang of pain through my whole body. "Don't" He spat out at me, rage and hurt dripping from his voice.

I stood my ground "No, Loki, we need to talk". He sighed and stepped towards me.