Part 24- Honesty

Y/N POV

As we walked into the room it was silent. Cap was rubbing his head, Tony was fidgeting with a new hand piece, Nat, Wanda and Clint were sat with each other in silence. While Bruce, Bucky and Sam all paced, or stared out the window. Thor, my brother and Votina stood in the kitchen area, making quiet conversation. It was tense, I couldn't tell if they were angry or overwhelmed. The emotions coming off them were so confused.

Loki cleared his throat to get everyone's attention. "Hey guys" I said quietly. Everyone looked up, Votina locked eyes with me and tilted her head. I gave her a small smile and nod back. Votina grinned, squeezing my brothers hand. At least that part was easy.

"Hey kid" Tony replied, "Not kid, I gotta find you a new nickname" he said, chuckling and running a hand through his hair.

I looked to Wanda and Bucky for reassurance, they both smiled warmly at me. At least they were always going to be on my side, even if everyone else was overwhelmed. "Maybe the easiest way to do this is just to show you guys my true form?" I suggested. There was a round of nods and smiles. I had a feeling the less talking I did the better, everyone had already had to take on so much information.

Sighing I closed my eyes and let the mist surround me again. As it cleared I heard a collection of small gasps, "Hi" I said awkwardly, opening my eyes. Suddenly I felt a hand slide into mine and give it a squeeze. I looked up at Loki who gave me a reassuring smile, and moved a piece of hair out of my face. "Well, that's the soulmate question answered" Clint chuckled, I breathed a sigh of relief. "You look so cool y/n, like, way cooler" Sam said, looking me up and down.

Nat came over to me and wrapped me into a hug "you finally look like the badass you are" she chuckled, running her hand through my hair and laughing. Bucky was suddenly at my side, he looked me up and down, shot a glance at Loki before picking me up. "Sorry y/n but you're so tiny now I gotta pick you up to get a good look at you" everyone laughed and the room seemed to mellow.

Tony jumped up "Holy shit! How did I miss it!" we all turned to look at him confused. "LORAX! I am the Lorax I speak for the trees, litter again, I'll break your fucking knees!" I snorted with laughter, and the rest of the room joined in. It might be terrible but I couldn't help but smile, I finally had a real Tony Stark nickname.

LOKI's POV

I felt myself relax, I thought back to how I reacted when I found out about my heritage, the shock, the hatred I felt towards myself and that others felt towards me. I had been terrified that y/n would face a similar reaction. Lies tend to cause more trouble than good. But in this case, she was safe, and I could relax.

I watched her carefully as she talked amongst the avengers, she snuck a few glances my way, and each time I was there to meet her with a smile.

I felt my brothers heavy arm wrap around me. "Come Brother, I should introduce you to Prince Nilan and Lady Votina." I held my breath as I followed Thor to the kitchen area.

To my surprise Votina rushed to me, reaching upwards, I bent down towards her, she placed her hands on my cheeks and placed her forehead to mine. I expected to feel uncomfortable, violated by a strangers touch, but I did not with her. She was easy to trust.

"You're family now Loki" she smiled at me. I bowed in return. "Prince Nilan" I bowed again, to which the man rolled his eyes. He stood shorter than me, of course, but he had a regal air to him, his presence was far larger than his stature. He took my arm and held it firmly, "It is a pleasure to meet you Prince Loki, we have much to learn about each other, that is of course, if you chose to follow the path the goddess has set for you" He said warmly. He was asking if I planned to stay with y/n. That felt like a conversation I should have with her first. Sensing my feelings Nilan backed off slightly.

"If you would excuse me, I need to talk with my sister", he walked over to her and pulled her away from the avengers. Whispering in her ear I could see that he was having a serious conversation with her. She sighed, looked to me and then nodded.

Y/n stepped away from her brother and cleared her throat. Although she addressed the group she kept her eyes firmly on me, "It's been two years since I've been home, ignoring the call for so long has made me a little sick" she gave me a soothing smile "It's nothing serious, but my brother and Votina would like me to go home, just for a little bit to help me heal and reconnect".

She walked over to me, gliding across the room, "I have to go alone Lo, but I'll be back. Soon, and we can talk?" she practically whispered, speaking as softly as possible while I came to terms with her having to leave. I nodded. If she's sick. She needs to go home. There's nothing I can do. 

I felt the familiar pang of worry spread through my body.