Part 30- Strength

Y/N POV

There wasn't a second to process what just happened and in all honesty I didn't want to. I turned to look at the messy group of injured superheroes in front of me. I could feel the waves of their pain and fatigue wash over me.

I ran over to help support Clint as he carried Nat into the infirmary. "What in the goddess' name happened to you all?" I sighed as I helped Bucky onto a bed and forced Clint and Bruce to sit down.

"It was a trap, it wasn't meant to be that bad" Bucky shook his head as he held onto his side. I turned to look at Clint, it was clear he couldn't hear us.

I moved towards him and began to sign, his head had been hit as he went to pick Nat up, he wasn't sure if it was more damage to his ears or if the hearing aids had been broken. Bruce stood up and helped himself to some painkillers before leading Clint into the scanner room to do a head CT.

Turning my attention to Nat and Bucky, Bucky gestured to Nat and told me that she'd been hit by some rubble from a collapsing building. She'd tried to get some people out, she hadn't been able to, and let herself get crushed as she tried. I ran to the small cabinet in the corner of the med room and pulled out some of my plants. I closed my eyes and let their energy flow through me. I placed one hand on her head and the other on her stomach. Scanning her body for any breaks and bruises she had.

She was badly hurt, more than my powers could fix. I did what I could with my most powerful healing plants and stabilised her till Bruce could return, I alerted Jarvis to call in Dr Strange, who was apparently already on his way.

I moved over to Bucky, he was holding his side, breathing deeply trying to hide the pain he was feeling. I grabbed a pair of scissors from the side and began to cut him out of his shirt. "You know I can read people's emotions right Buck?" I said in a soft voice as I focused, "You can't hide the pain you're in from me. So stop wasting energy trying" he let out a soft chuckle at me before gasping at the pain laughing had caused him.

Looking at his bare chest I could see his entire stomach was covered in blood, I delicately cleaned the area and saw a small sharp pipe piercing his side. "Ouch" I said looking at him, he sighed "It fucking hurts y/n" he said with tears in his eyes. "This is going to hurt more I'm afraid", he looked at me "You're killing me darling" he cringed as I used my vines to ease the pipe out of his side, he screamed every step of the way.

"You're not meant to pull something like that out!" he managed between breathes, I laughed "I am" I said with a wink, letting my plants create a healing barrier every inch the pipe removed. Essentially plugging the hole as we went. I grabbed a stool and reached up to one of the higher cupboards and pulled a little bottle out. "Don't worry Buck, I've saved you the good stuff" I said as I wiggled the glass bottle in front of him. It was the painkillers we used for the super soldiers, he smiled with relief.

It wasn't long before he calmed down and began to fall into an easy sleep, "Thanks Nym" he sighed as he closed his eyes, "You're the best around you know that?". I grinned "I don't care if you're high, I'm holding you to that", he chuckled as he drifted off.

...

That evening was tense and uneasy. Steve and Tony had some big argument that definitely wasn't resolved, neither of them ate before disappearing to their rooms to calm down. Nat had to have some surgery to reset some bones and sort out some internal bleeding, we were still waiting for her to wake up, Bruce and Clint were waiting with her so there wasn't much I could do.

That left me, Bucky, Wanda and Sam sitting in the living room picking at the pizza we had ordered. "So... matching jumpers ey?" Sam said looking at my new sweater. I blushed "It uhm, it seemed funny at the time" I flushed, suddenly remembering that I was wearing it, he laughed. "It's cute y/n, no need to be embarrassed, I'm pretty sure Tony and Pepper have shirts with each other's faces on, this is much more subtle and far prettier".