Part 34- Preparations

A/N- Hey guys, I'm so sorry for the two months of silence, I've had a lot on with a new full time job, and my student Microsoft subscription expired and I couldn't afford an adult one so I couldn't access any of the work I'd done. Anyways, I've spent my day off today writing as much as I can. Also, I realise I jump around with pronouns for Loki, but in my head because they're genderfluid I feel like they wouldn't mind he/him when presenting masc, and she/her when presenting fem. But please feel free to give feedback on that x

LOKI POV

The sun began to peek through the curtains and I was pulled into the day. As I opened my eyes I looked down to my chest to see Nym curled up beside me, her chest moved up and down in a gentle rhythm as she continued to sleep peacefully on my chest. Watching her I thought back to Asgard and the conversation I had with my mother.

...

The first day or so had been used to sort out some unpleasant business which I did not want to think about. But as situations settled down my mother had taken the opportunity to pull me aside. She lead me through the palace to one of the gardens. We wandered slowly through the flowers in silence until we reached a bench to sit on. I smiled as I looked around, this place had been one of my favourites as a child, it was hidden away so Thor and his rough friends never entered, only my mother and I frequented this particular space. I would hide amongst the trees and read for hours, only she knew to find me here.

My mother smiled gently, resting her head on my shoulder she said "You know, when you were younger and running around causing chaos you often missed visits from nobility in other realms" I nodded slowly, wondering where she was heading with this story. "On one particular occasion I remember your father having somewhat of a disagreement with visiting nobility, so much so that the young ones who came with them were ordered to exit the room". She sighed at this, I knew full well that my mother often disagreed with Odin's political tactics.

"When the deals were done we had arranged a formal meal for the visitors, but as it came time to be seated the visiting queen was terribly distressed and we were told that the princess had gone missing. She was a quiet girl, strong willed but no fighter, her parents believed she may be in danger. We all took to looking for the girl". I usually found long winded stories tedious, but I never felt that way about my mothers stories, they always held wisdom, I could listen to her for hours. She smiled "I felt I had a good sense of the girl and my search lead me to the gardens, we checked them all, till finally there was only one left" she gestured to our surroundings. "I stepped into our little haven to find the plants looking more vibrant than I have seen in all my days, and in the middle of it all was a little Noldoli, quietly reading" I chuckled to myself, of course.

"I knew she was special then, she looked up at me and informed me that she had never found a more peaceful place off of her home world. She told me it was filled with heart from the people who frequented it most. The girl did not attend many formal meetings, but as she grew I noticed certain aesthetics which seemed remarkably familiar" she spoke now with a wide knowing smile.

"You have always thought it was only the two of us who loved this sacred space, but in fact there are three. Lady Nym is certainly a special being, wouldn't you say child?" I shook my head with a chuckle and rolled my eyes. "That she is mother" I finally replied.

Her face turned a little more serious as she lead me away from the garden and into her private library, another place that only the two of us frequented. Unlike the larger library in the palace hers was filled with books on magic which I had spent much of my youth studying.

Laid out on the large table in the centre of the room were piles of books I had not seen before. "Has she mentioned the ceremony to you at all my dear?" she asked, breaking the silence. I shook my head, "I thought as much, she almost certainly has no idea how to broach such a topic with you". Smiling my mother gestured to the books explaining that she had found all the books we owned that she thought might be useful. My mother proceeded to open up a history book, filled with personal accounts of the Ngoldathon and Alsoi.