Part 33- Home

LOKI'S POV

As we stepped off the lift we expected to be met with the hustle and bustle of life with the team and yet the living room was silent, the air was stale, laid over the chairs was tactical gear covered in blood, abandoned by its owners. My heart began to race.

"Brother?" I turned to Thor in panic, he placed a hand on my shoulder "Fear not sibling, we will find the team", Thor stepped forwards "Jarvis!" the smooth British accent filled the room "Welcome Master Thor". Quickly Thor asked for the whereabouts of the team, as the voice began to respond Barnes wondered into the room distracted and stressed, he stopped dead when he saw us.

A smile grew on his face and without thinking he rushed to us and wrapped us in his arms "God you two are a sight for sore eyes" he stepped back and my anxiety rose, what could be so bad that Barnes would hug us. His mouth began to run a mile a minute as he explained what had happened, a mission had taken place in the early hours of this morning. Romanov had been injured a week prior and then again, badly, last night. Nym had grown weak and collapsed while trying to save her. My heart was in my chest, I felt bile rising in my throat. Before I could panic even more Barnes told us that Nat was in the recovery room after a lengthy surgery and that Nym had left the waiting room to spend some time alone after all the events that had passed. She was safe.

Without another word I rushed towards her room, knocking I heard no answer and threw the door open, I was met with her familiar sweet scent. I could not help but notice my duvet in a ball on her bed. She had missed me as much as I had missed her. She was not inside her room, and she hadn't been in the living room. I opened the door to my own room but that too was empty, the only difference from how I had left it was the absence of my duvet.

The likelihood of her whereabouts suddenly dawned on me, the library I realised, she will be in the library. Without a moment to lose I rushed to the library, I opened the door quietly, hoping not to startle her. My heart broke the instant I saw her.

She was curled up on her window seat, a book on her lap, her knees were pulled up towards her. Her soft face was buried in her delicate hands as she sobbed uncontrollably. Composing myself I raced towards her, I placed my hand on her shoulder and bent my face down towards her. Breathing in the calming scent of her hair I placed a light kiss on the top of her head and spoke. "Hello my love, did you miss me?"

Y/N's POV

The honey voice filled my ears and my heart stopped, I spun my head round and was met with those beautiful green eyes that filled my heart with such joy. I jumped up and reached towards him. He pulled me into his arms and lifted me up, spinning me round before pulling me towards him.

His hands wrapped round my waist as he drew me to him, my back found itself against a wall and he brought his hand to my face, holding me in place. I lent myself into him, feeling a warmth I had not felt in far too long. "Hello my love" Loki cooed at me, I felt the tears in my eyes fall faster, he chuckled at me lightly and wiped away my tears. "I missed you so much" I whispered, "and I you Nym" he said as he leant in, closing the distance between us and meeting my lips.

I was suddenly filled with electricity, he pulled me closer to him, picking me up slightly, resting me against the wall as he deepened the kiss, without meaning to I let out a slight moan, to which he smirked but did not part his lips from mine. We had never kissed this deeply, we had never wanted each other more. "I'm never leaving you for that long again y/n" he whispered in my ear as he kissed my neck, "I'll never let you" I replied, barely able to talk through my breathlessness.

Just as soon as the kiss was deepened we pulled apart from each other. I looked him up and down in his beautiful Asgardian robes and suddenly felt subconscious, here he was for filling his role of god in both stature and dress, and there I was, messy hair, puffy eyes and an oversized sweatshirt. I ran my hands through my hair trying to make myself look better but he laughed, tucking a stray curl behind my ear he cooed "You are the most beautiful creature I have ever laid eyes on". I giggled as I blushed, pulling myself back into him.