Prologue: Human Curiosity

To the people reading this, I'd like to pose some interesting questions. Please take some time to think of the answers. Do not just create some generic answer that could be thought of in a second. Ok? Cool.

How do you define a genius?

Most of you would probably say a genius is someone who can easily answer general knowledge questions and has some amazing ideas that are effective - something along those lines. But is that truly the case?

How would you define a human?

Most of you would say a human was someone who could walk on their two feet, talk with others, have fun, and show their emotions both good and bad - something along those lines. But is that truly the case?

What is perfection?

Most of you would probably say someone has no faults whatsoever and someone who just wins at everything - something along those lines. But is that truly the case?

And finally, are we really equal?

Most of you would probably say that we are all equal as women now have rights, there are no longer any slaves, and multicultural societies exist - something along those lines. But is that truly the case?

Take a moment to really think of the answers to these questions.

The word genius is mostly used as a subjective term and is thrown around carelessly. In the world, there really isn't a true genius. A true genius would need to come up with amazing strategies 24/7. A true genius would need to have the knowledge of at least 100 billion books and 10 million situations. Not only that but a true genius would need to remember all that in the tiny brains that we have using eidetic memory.

Such a thing is impossible in our current age.

Defining a human is easy but if we wanted to "truly" define a human being, then that's where things get difficult. Emotions are certainly needed for a human being, however, some people go through extremely bad situations and start to show no emotions whatsoever because they lost the opportunity to feel and show such emotions. People would start to believe them as not being human beings, but the truth of the matter is that they are still human beings.

Emotions truly don't define a human being as we lose them all the time.

Perfection is something that everyone really wants to achieve. But it's just unachievable. Whether we're talking about utopia or the perfect human, nothing will be perfect as a world without bad won't make a good world.

And finally, equality. One would think our world is truly equal after women had finally gotten their rights, racism had almost disappeared, and there are more multicultural societies around the world than ever. However, the matter is that there are still names for disabled people and they are treated differently. Racism is still in our world, and there are still men and women only jobs.

Equality is just a fantasy.

So where am I going this, you (the reader) may wonder?

In this world, we have achieved quite a lot. But humans understand that what we have done isn't enough. We as humans have something that makes us want to achieve more. We know it really well as it's something that has helped achieve the world we have.

Its curiosity.

Curiosity is good to have as it helps humans grow into smart and talented people. It also helps us create things that help our world.

For example, think of the very first PC and smartphone. These are things that all of us need in our lives and they were created due to curiosity and creativity. Without them, what would our world be like? You probably can't imagine a world without these anymore.

But there's actually more to curiosity than meets the eye.

Curiosity may be one's strength but it is also the world's biggest problem.

For example, the two world wars were created by one's curiosity to rule the world. Many people died and loads of places were destroyed.

Curiosity is truly a double edged sword.

Now let's think back to the earlier questions.

What would happen if one's curiosity wanted to find the true answer to these questions?

A brown haired boy with golden eyes knows exactly what would happen.

As the masterpiece of the White Room, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka became the result of how far human curiosity can go. Not only that, but he is also one who wants to satisfy his own curiosity too.

Yes. The time he had in the White Room was truly unforgettable. He closed his eyes as he remembered the events that led from the White Room to today.

End of prologue...

A/N:

Hello ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to The White Room Troubles. Did you like this monologue? I did my best to convey quite a interesting topic here - that being human curiosity. You may all have your own thoughts on this but I believe what I said here to be the truth, and Kiyotaka probably would too.

Because human curiosity is what brought the White Room. Human curiosity is what brought the GOD we know as Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. Human curiosity is what brought Kiyotaka to ANHS. Essentially, curiosity is both Kiyotaka's best friend and worse enemy, don't you think?

Anyways, thank you for reading the prologue. Let me know what you thought of it. I'd love to hear them. See you all for Chapter 1.

- rainy26541