Authors Endnotes

Author's Endnotes:

Hello ladies and gentlemen. rainy26541 here, otherwise known as G-String (You're a legend if you get the reference). No stupid intro this time round, I'm just gonna go straight into the Endnotes.

Happy new year to you all, hopefully your New Years Eve and Day is going well, and that you've made yourselves some good resolutions for 2022. I would like to talk about mine but I don't want to bore you to death with all that.

For this endnotes, I want to discuss all the decisions I took when writing Volume 2. And, of course, I will answer the question probably on all your minds towards the end which is whether I will be doing a Volume 3 or not. So on that note, let's not waste any time.

First of all, thank you all so much for the support and for reading Volume 2 of The White Room Troubles. We've come a long way from Volume 1 back in July of 2021. I really hope you've all enjoyed Volume 2 and hope it was worth the wait. I really had fun writing the entirety of Volume 2, and I did so with good time too, even under pressure and with little freetime available to me.

But let's actually talk about Volume 2. Firstly, the backstory of Kiyotaka and Shizuku's relationship. I actually wanted to do a lot with their introduction, but I felt that doing too much would've been problematic so I kept it short. Shizuku being a shy girl who really didn't want to interact with everyone, but then being saved by the shining light that was Kiyotaka was a decision I thought worked best. In Volume 1, I showed how close the two were, so close that not even the other WR students could match them. While a normal relationship would've worked, I thought that creating a developing Shizuku would've been better for the story, especially when we consider her downfall later.

I'm sure you all want to know about Shizuku's parents story as she stated back in Chapter 1. The nightmares she had of her parents selling her off to the White Room. I left that part open for interpretation to you all. It is up to you all to create scenarios/theories about Shizuku's past before the White Room and her parents selling her. Maybe if I ever get a chance to write her story, you can get to see if your theories were correct or not. Lol.

Now let's talk about Chapter 2 and 3 - the leading chapters of this story. Other than the Epilogue, these two chapters were undoubtedly the stars of Volume 2 I'd say. Their purpose was to showcase not just the deeper troubles that caused a "plague" for the 4th generation, but the beginning of a downfall for Shizuku. I believed that introducing more OCs was the best way to portray this. Because unlike Kiyotaka, Shizuku had others she could rely on after the change in Kiyotaka. Adding destruction to the relationship between not only Kiyotaka and the OCs but Shizuku and the OCs was the best way to showcase her downfall further than just Kiyotaka.

Poor girl just can't catch a break in this story, but at least she left a massive impact on Kiyotaka to the point he went to experience freedom and took it upon himself to feel love. As stated back in Volume 1, part of the reason he was infatuated with Kei back in the Cruise Ship Zodiac Exam in Year 1 was because she looked like Shizuku and reminded Kiyotaka of her, further leading to him building a relationship with Kei and finally falling in love. This impact was more than Sachi had on Kirito in SAO. Lol.

There's not really much to say about Chapter 4 other than the fact that it... exists lol. To me, Chapter 4 was more of the "throw in randomly and it still works" chapter. It was a good to explain Kiyotaka's weapon training curriculum and to give further clarity on his darker side that would allow him to almost kill or pretty much kill anyone, something which you all saw in Volume 1 Chapter 4 too during the NYC trip. And as for Chapter 5, this was just made to give explanation and a backstory to Takuya and Ichika, not much else. If anything, it was just there to plant the seeds for the two's character backstories, so that we have some explanation for their nature and their past in the White Room.