Ayanokouji Kiyotaka SS: The Song of our Past and Future

"Kiyotaka. What are you going to play for me?"

Kei and I were currently walking through the school corridors on a Tuesday afternoon. It was still the summer holidays so there wasn't anyone inside except for a few teachers and likely a student council member.

We had to wear our school uniforms to be allowed to enter the school, even if it was the holidays. I honestly found this rule to be quite pointless, because there were only students around the campus and it wasn't like we were going in to learn anything.

Anyways, the two of us were heading for the music room. I had promised Kei that I would play the piano for her when we got back to school after the cruise ship. Today was that day.

There was actually a music shop that had a piano on display for people to play in Keyaki Mall, but I didn't exactly want the attention of others watching me play. Plus, Kei said she wanted to specifically listen to me play with just the two of us around.

So I thought the best idea was to try and use the piano in the music room as members of the music club sometimes used it. I contacted Chabashira-sensei to ask if we were allowed to use the music room during the holidays. She told me that, considering our situation, we could only use it when the club wasn't on and when the music teacher happened to be there.

Chabashira-sensei ended up letting me know of the music teacher's schedule and today happened to be a day when that teacher was in the music room on her own. I told Kei that we could go there today and I would play for her. Of course, the music teacher would be there too, but at least it was better than having loads of other people's eyes on me in Keyaki Mall.

Speaking of Kei, I needed to respond to her question.

"Hmm. I'm not fully sure yet, but I do have some ideas."

"You played Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata when I was listening to you back on the cruise ship. Maybe try something other than them. Something a little more original."

"...You knew that was Beethoven?"

Although this sounded quite rude to her, I was genuinely surprised she knew that the song I played on the cruise ship was by Beethoven. It was iconic that anyone would know, sure. But people with personalities and characteristics like Kei were sure to not even know that. Unless...

"Eh heh heh. I may have done a quick search on the internet to tell me what that song was. I did recognise it, I just didn't realise it was by Beethoven or that it was called the Moonlight Sonata."

So that explained the mystery.

I was sure Kei was the type of girl who knew lots of trendy music, but I didn't really think she would be interested in or even recognise a work by classical artists. She gave me the same vibes as Satou who sounded like she only knew pop songs.

Perhaps she really wanted to match my tastes because she was worried about me... I'm appreciative of it though.

"I see. Well, I'll see if I can think of a little more original song. Looks like we're here."

Just a few metres away to our left was the music room. The door was open but I couldn't hear any instruments being played. It was likely the teacher was sitting down at their desk doing paperwork.

My suspicions were confirmed when we stood at the doorway.

Sitting down at the front desk was a brunette haired sensei who looked to be around her mid thirties. She seemed to be reading through some reports of the sort.