Amasawa Ichika SS: Senpai or Friends?

"I would ask what you are going to explain to your roommates if they come back early. But since it's you, I assume you calculated that they won't come back for a while, didn't you?"

I entered a certain cabin on the cruise ship where a certain boy I knew had allowed me to enter. He was the one who called me here. As I asked that question, he smiled thinly. I had become accustomed to that smile since I had one of my own that I showed.

"You understand what's going on, right? It seems that Nanase-chan, Horikita-senpai, and Ryuuen-senpai are all looking for you. Moving around will become more difficult for you so shouldn't you leave it now?"

"It is fine. The plan is working like a charm."

"Then tell me the details of that plan... Takuya."

The boy who I had met was none other than Yagami Takuya from first year Class B, one class below my own Class A in first year.

We never met up with each other during school times and that was because we had to keep our identities and our relationship a secret. After all, we were both students from the White Room's 5th generation sent here to expel Ayanokouji-senpai.

"You never learn, Ichika."

The bitter smile he wore on his face made me wary. I knew Takuya better than anyone since we were both from the White Room. He and I were the top 2 in our generation, and more specifically, he was above me in the rankings.

Of course, compared to Ayanokouji-senpai, we were still below him. But because I knew Takuya's abilities better than anyone, I knew that I couldn't afford to blink as when I do, I would be subjected to an attack.

"I'm not going to raise my hand to you here."

"As if I would believe that."

He seemed to have read my thoughts well, but I still didn't back down. It took a White Room student to know another White Room student.

"You're right, you're no longer on the White Room side. That's why you're my enemy."

That's right. Despite the fact that we were sent here to expel Ayanokouji-senpai, I had betrayed that order and protected him. Takuya had tried to use Kushida-senpai to record his fight with Nanase-chan since Kushida-senpai also wanted Ayanokouji-senpai expelled because he knew about her past. But I had put a stop to that by beating up Kushida-senpai.

I went further by dealing with a few other things to protect Ayanokouji-senpai, which further showed my betrayal to the White Room. I admired Ayanokouji-senpai after all, and just like him, I also wanted freedom from the White Room.

I would only be able to achieve that by following Ayanokouji-senpai's footsteps and betraying the White Room. This was something only I could do as his admirer.

"Even though that's the case... I don't particularly see you as an enemy."

"Oh my. Hehe, is that so?"

"I'm just kidding. You're a civilian now so I can't take any chances."

"You know I might be recording this conversation."

"If that's the case then do whatever you want. It's not detrimental in any way. Plus you wouldn't record this anyway."

Takuya knew me too well. I had nothing to gain by recording this conversation. Plus, while I did save Ayanokouji-senpai, and told him that I wasn't his enemy, I also wasn't completely on his side.

"The reason I called you here is because I wanted to find out your true intentions. Did you really want to protect Ayanokouji-senpai and repeatedly interfere with my plans?"