Epilogue: A Beautiful Soldier

Intro

"Kiyotaka?"

Kiyotaka opened his eyes to see he was back outside of the school building. The memories that resurfaced seemed to overtake his consciousness and caused him to focus on them rather than the concurrent situation. He turned to look at his companion staring at him with worried eyes.

"Are you okay, Kiyotaka?" Kei asked him with a low tone combined with the serenic purple eyes of worry that made her look absolutely adorable.

"...Yeah. I'm fine. I'm just... remembering something..."

Kei's expression still held worry, though she withheld it as much as she could. Seeing this, Kiyotaka knew he had to calm her down. He placed a hand on her head and stroked her hair.

"Seriously. I'm fine. Please don't worry about it, Kei. I don't want my cute girlfriend to have a look of worry that defies her beauty all day."

Her blushing face caused by the head pat turned even more like a tomato after hearing that comment from her boyfriend. She smiled a bit from the head pat but then refocused on the matter at hand.

"Okay. But... if you ever feel the need to talk about it, remember I'm here for you Kiyotaka. I'm your girlfriend so I will always listen to you like you listened to me. But I will wait for you to tell me if you want to."

Her eyes shined at Kiyotaka, as if pleading with him to one day tell her what he was thinking and what he has gone through. He would be lying if he said he wasn't thinking about telling her at some point, but he believed now was not the time.

"Duly noted, Kei. Shall we head into school?"

Once Kei nodded, she clung to Kiyotaka's arm and the two continued their pace towards the entrance of the school. It was still early morning, a little bit before half 8 in the morning, so there were not as many students entering the school as compared to around ten to fifteen minutes before lessons.

But Kiyotaka easily felt the stares of quite a lot of students who witnessed him and Kei together. It was lucky that none of them happened to be their classmates yet, but it was unnerving to Kiyotaka because more than half of the stares were from third years.

They were following Nagumo's orders of watching Kiyotaka after the former got humiliated in the uninhabited island exam. While what Kiyotaka did was necessary to both protect him and Nagumo, Kiyotaka still felt annoyed at all this attention being put around him.

And it was only set to get larger from today...

"Hey Kiyotaka? Can I sit next to you, like, directly next to you at least until homeroom begins? I didn't *yawn* get too much sleep and I would like to stay by you for some time. It will also be easier to announce our relationship that way."

"I have no qualms about it. But where are you going to nap if you're going to sit next to me?"

"Heh heh. You'll see when we get in there."

A few minutes later, Kiyotaka and Kei arrived at their classroom to see only a few students in the room. Some of the students included members from the Ayanokouji Group, Sotomura Hideo, Hirata Yousuke, Kouenji Rokusuke and Mei-Yu Weng.

Upon seeing Kiyotaka enter with Kei clinging to him, all said students, minus Hirata, whose reaction was lighter due to his suspicions, and Kouenji, who didn't really care what was going on, widened their eyes in surprise. But what surprised them more was the next actions handled by the two.

Kiyotaka sat in his chair by the back entrance while Kei grabbed the chair from the desk next to him, brought it to be directly next to him and sat on it before leaning her head on her boyfriend's shoulder. Kei then closed her eyes and breathed softly, indicating that she was napping in the position that they were in.