Chapter 5: A Chance at true Human Life

Intro

The sky of light projecting itself in the city centre of Tokyo was a blessing to Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. Having only seen this scenery once during his trip to New York City, Kiyotaka had felt fascinated witnessing it again and thanked the higher beings that a blessing had occurred for him.

Kiyotaka was currently in the back of a black Mercedes S-Class driving through the City of Tokyo. He was not with his father, rather he was alone. The only other two people in the car were the driver and one bodyguard.

He would never be given an opportunity to be outside the White Room unless it was for a specific reason, much less without his father. Kiyotaka knew the reason for this. He remembered a specific meeting he had with his father earlier in the morning.

Once again, during one of his workout sessions, Kiyotaka was called to meet with his father. It was not a day off today, and it wasn't later on in the evening where he had nothing going on. Kiyotaka noticed that it was strange to be called during the day's curriculum. Nonetheless, for his curiosity, Kiyotaka obeyed and made his way to his father's office.

Opening the door, he entered and found his father standing up in front of his desk rather than sitting down at it like he usually was. He had a rather serious expression, though to other people he probably looked the same.

"Kiyotaka. Take a seat."

His cold tone was still present even if he seemed different to Kiyotaka. However, despite Kiyotaka's curiosity on what made his father like this, that didn't matter to him. All he cared about was getting this meeting over and done with.

Kiyotaka took a seat on the nearby couch and beckoned his father to say why he needed to be present.

"It seems something unexpected has happened so we're going to need to do something I don't exactly like. I'm temporarily shutting down the White Room for a certain amount of time."

Kiyotaka flinched for a moment. His eyes showed surprise at this news. All this time, he never thought that his father would temporarily suspend operations of the White Room, and yet here he was doing so now. Kiyotaka's curiosity got the better of him as he replied with a question.

"May I ask what the reason for that is?"

"That is none of your business. You don't need to know, so I won't tell you why."

"I see. Then, if I may, I shall guess the reason why from what I can understand."

Professor Ayanokouji had raised his eyebrows at this, but his sharp cold glare, mixed with an extremely serious expression remained on his face. He did not try to stop Kiyotaka. It was almost as if he wanted Kiyotaka to state it.

Kiyotaka took the opportunity he was given. He had his eyes closed as he spoke.

"That man from a few years ago in New York City. The one who tried to assassinate both you and me on the way to the demonstration. Despite the fact that his life was completely ruined after you caught him, I wouldn't wager that he'd just stop there. Humans, especially rich human beings, are incredibly stubborn. They would not just give up, even if they were completely decimated. It wouldn't be a surprise if he was seeking revenge on you after losing everything."

Kiyotaka then opened his eyes as he continued his explanation.

"But he can't do anything on his own. The only thing he would be able to do is to make use of other tools. In other words, working with other people to bring you down. You are well known in this country, and possibly across some parts of the world. Everyone who has a big reputation will have allies but they will also have enemies. In your case, you have way more enemies than allies."