Prologue: Human Fate

Human Fate.  

Otherwise known as Human Destiny.

To the people reading, I ask you this: Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years time?

What about 20 years? Or even 30?

Take some time to think about an answer for your future.

A normal person would likely be able to answer where they will be in 5 or 10 years time, but not any longer than that. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Modern day society has endless possibilities for a growing human being. They could be going to school, get a degree and then become an employee or a director at a large corporation. They could drop out of school and start their own successful enterprise. Or maybe they'll just become a househusband or a housewife.

The opportunities of life were limitless.

But life was never always like this.

In the times of old, a human's future was already decided the day they were born. There were almost no opportunities for one to break out of their predetermined future unless given permission by their monarch - and even this was pretty much impossible unless you were royalty.

Thanks to advances in the industrial revolution, technological advancements, increase in education and means of equality, predetermined futures became a thing of the past. The very wealthy and posh families still held their children's fate in their hands even to this very day. But even this was very little.

So, you must be wondering where I am going with this, right?

Humans have always found it near impossible to break the chains that link their bodies to their destiny, whether they like it or not. They could only accept the path they were going to cross when the time arrived.

If a person was going to lead a multinational corporation by taking on the director position from their parents upon coming of age, that was what the person was going to do, no questions asked.

If a person was going to die at the young age of 40 or in a certain place, that was what was going to happen, no questions asked.

It is difficult to break out of the fate that was destined to you...

But is that really true?

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka was attending the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School to learn emotions, experience freedom and life, and to answer the questions of equality and nurturing geniuses.

Originally, he was only going to be there for 3 years and then accept his fate of "guiding" Japan and continuing the legacy of the White Room.

But now his mind has changed. He wanted to break that fate.

Thanks to the friends he made, the experiences he faced, and the girl he started to fall in love with, Kiyotaka begun to build a sense of belonging, resulting in his desire to keep the freedom he had for longer.

The problem was that he wasn't sure how to break away from his father and the fate he had succumbed to.

But after a certain night on a cruise ship with Karuizawa Kei, the girl he loved, Kiyotaka remembered an important detail that he had long forgotten about since he didn't exactly believe in it too much.

During the summer holidays last year, Kiyotaka felt a little interested in fortune telling after hearing a little more about it from Horikita Suzune. That interest led to him going to experience it. By certain chance, Ibuki Mio happened to be there so the two reluctantly went together after being told that only "couples" could get their fortune told.

In that fortune telling session, Kiyotaka was told that he was the holder of the tenchuusatsu fate - a fate where the user lived a life full of misfortune and suffering.

But there was actually more to this fate than just misery and suffering. Holders of the tenchuusatsu fate were able to decide their own future. There would be no predetermined future. Only Kiyotaka and Kiyotaka alone could choose it.

He felt happy to hear that, but he didn't fully believe it. That was until he was told to avoid taking any detours on his way back to the dorms, resulting in him and Ibuki deciding to test that fortune by taking another elevator. In the end, the two got stuck in it for a little more than an hour and in really hot weather.

That was the day that Kiyotaka began to believe in fortunes, but he had completely forgotten about that fortune until his date with Kei in the private pools.

Thanks to him finally falling in love with Kei, he had made the decision he always wanted to make since his time both living with Matsuo and starting ANHS.

He would fight for his freedom no matter what. He would fight to stay with Kei no matter what. He would fight to break his predetermined fate to decide his own no matter what.

Because fate was not something that should be decided the moment you were born.

Fate should be decided by the person who wishes to become what they want.

And for Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, even if he was destined to be star-crossed not only by his father but the Greek Gods Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos, he would fight for the life he wanted to cherish.

Freedom.

Emotions.

Karuizawa Kei.

These were all that mattered to him now. And he would fight for them.

End of Prologue...

A/N:

It's finally here ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to The White Room Troubles Volume 2. I know you've all been eagerly awaiting for this and now I can finally share it with you.

Hopefully you all enjoyed this Prologue. It's not as powerful as Volume 1's Prologue which talked about human curiosity, but I still think I got the message across to you. I'll actually tell you that I went through 5 drafts of a Prologue and finally settled on this one because I thought it worked best. Like Volume 1's Prologue, this was meant to give you an idea on how you should look at human destiny and consider the position that Kiyotaka is in.

Let me know how I did because even I know it's not as good. I believe I'm slightly losing my touch, probably because of how much work I'm being put through lately but maybe I'm being too critical over myself. Let me know your thoughts.

Anyways, uploads for Volume 2 are HOPEFULLY going be quicker, and I think you'll also enjoy what I have in store with this volume. In case you forgot, or haven't realised, I had to put the MATURE rating on this story now and you'll see why in the later Chapters. Other than that, I will see you for Chapter 1 (release dates and dialogue previews can always be found on my profile page at least 1 day before upload and my followers will always be the first to find out), thank you ladies and gentlemen.

- rainy26541