Chapter Five: A look into the past

The quartet sat on the floor of the girl's bathroom working on the potion as Y/N and Harry explained the events last night to Ron and Hermione.

"Again? You mean the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" Hermione's voice echoed through the bathroom.

"Of course. Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he was at school here." Ron explained himself whilst crossing his arms and leaning on the wall.

"Now he's taught Draco how to do it."

"I don't know..." Y/N whispered, looking through the ingredients for the potion they were brewing.

"Maybe. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure." Hermione replied as Y/N handed her a vial filled with some sort of liquid.

"Enlighten me. Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight, in the middle of the girls' lavatory? Don't you think we'll get caught?" Ron asked Hermione as she simply shook a vial and poured it inside the cauldron.

Y/N yawned as he looked through the ingredients once more looking for what Hermione might need.

"No, no one ever comes in here." She said reassuringly.

Ron squinted his eyes at her weirdly.

"Why?" He asked.

"Moaning Myrtle." Hermione answered, not taking her eyes off the vial she was reading the label of.

"Who?" Ron asked once again.

"Moaning Myrtle." Hermione repeated herself.

Y/N, Hermione and Harry looked behind Ron. Y/N trying to hide his small smile.

"Who's Moaning Myrtle?" Ron asked.

"What's with all his questions today?" Y/N thought to himself with a sigh.

"I'm Moaning Myrtle!" The ghost screamed into Ron's face scaring him.

Harry and Y/N shared a look, both raising their eyebrows as Moaning Myrtle flew into the air.

"I wouldn't expect you to know me." She started.

"Who would ever talk about ugly, miserable, moping Moaning Myrtle?" She said, looking down at them, holding in tears.

"Red eyes! Oh no!" She yelled and trembled as she flew off, scared and crying.

Y/N looked down with a sad sigh. Hermione put her hand on his shoulder to calm him as Harry gave him a reassuring smile.

"She's a little sensitive." Hermione explained with Ron giving her a raised eyebrow.

----------------------------------------------------------

Students filled the room, gathering around what seemed to be a long podium.

"Gather round!" Lockhart yelled across the room, walking to the middle of the podium.

"Gather round. Can everyone see me?" He asked the crowd.

"Can you all hear me?" He continued with his usual cocky smirk.

"In the light of the dark events of recent weeks..." He trailed off.

"Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this Dueling Club... To train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions. For full details, see my published works." He ended with a smirk.

He took off the cape he had on one of his shoulders and threw it onto the crowd, with girls tugging at his, smiling and trying to get it.

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape." He motioned towards the end of the podium.