Chapter Two: Confessions

"Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what is inside?" Professor Lupin asked the students.

They had been staring at a closet that shook over and over on it's own, as if something inside it is trying desperately to get out. Y/N looked towards Ron and Harry. The three of them sharing confused glances.

"That's a boggart, that is." A boy answered from the crowd.

"Very good, Mr. Thomas. Now, can anybody tell me what a boggart looks like?" Professor Lupin asked once again.

"No one knows." Hermione said, startling the trio next to her.

A soft smile grew on Y/N's face as he heard the familiar voice. Hermione had her hair in a bun which Y/N thought was very cute. She stood in between him and Ron who had Harry to his left.

"When'd she get here?" Ron questioned, getting no answer.

"Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a person fears the most. That's what makes them so-" Hermione continued.

"So terrifying, yes, yes, yes..." Professor Lupin interrupted, gaining the attention of the class.

"Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart." He explained, walking towards the shaking closet.

"Let's practice it now. Without wands, please." He said, putting his own wand away.

"After me. Riddikulus!" 

"Riddikulus!" The class repeated.

"Very good. A little louder and very clear. Listen: Riddikulus!" He instructed.

"Riddikulus!" The class yelled, much louder this time.

"This class is ridiculous." Draco spat out.

"Very good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a boggart is laugher. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Let me explain. Neville, would you join me, please?" The professor asked, motioning for the young boy to come up.

Neville looked around him in fear before slowly walking towards the front.

"Now, Neville, what frightens you most of all?" The professor questioned the young timid boy.

"Professor Snape..." He whispered gaining laughter from the class and a small chuckle from Y/N.

"Professor Snape. Yes, frightens all. And I believe you live with your grandmother?" Lupin asked.

"Yes but I don't want it to turn into her, either." Neville stuttered.

"No... It won't. I want you to picture her clothes, only her clothes, very clearly, in your mind." The professor instructed.

"Now, when I open that wardrobe, here's what I want you to do. Imagine Professor Snape in your grandmother's clothes." Lupin said, whispering the last part in Neville's ear.

Professor Lupin then cast a spell at the closet, opening it as "Professor Snape" stumbled out of it very menacingly. He walked towards Neville while Neville stared in shock.

"Riddikulus!" Neville casted.

Professor Snape suddenly cowered down as his clothing changed into Neville's grandmothers. The class erupted with laughter at the sight of it.

"Wonderful, Neville, wonderful! Incredible! Everyone form a line!" Professor Lupin instructed.

Professor Lupin played an upbeat song to fill the mood of the class as Ron stumbled up towards the boggart, fear written in his face. The boggart then turned into a spider, Ron's biggest fear. Ron whimpered as he looked towards the giant spider.

"R-Riddikulis!" Ron blabbered out.

Roller skates then appeared on the spider's legs, causing it to slip around making the class laugh. 

"Very good, very good! Parvati! Next!"

Parvati stepped forward in front of the spider which quickly turned into a giant snake, hissing at her. 

"Riddikulus!" She exclaimed turning the snake into giant clown.

"And next! Wonderful wonderful!" Professor Lupin exclaimed.

It was now Y/N's turned, he stepped up slowly staring the swinging clown with his usual expressionless face when the music slowly stopped. A bright light blinded the class as Y/N fell to hit feet. When he opened his eyes, the room was dark, he was alone, in a pit. He stood up to see dead corpses everywhere. A familiar scene from his past though this time it was his friends around him. Harry and Ron lay close to him, their body motionless. Y/N realized something in his arms, he looked down to see Hermione. Laying in his arms, cold as ice. He looked towards a H/C haired boy, crying, on the ground. Muttering something to himself over and over. Fear struck the usually listless boy, realizing who it was on the ground. It was himself, crying there, whispering to himself that he did that. He had gone out of control and killed all of his friends. The students were quiet, they had backed themselves up towards the walls of the classroom, scared of the scene in front of them, unable to mutter a word. Y/N felt his eyes fill with tears as he held Hermione's motionless body closer to his. 

Professor Lupin stepped up in front of the Y/N crying on the ground with it turning into a picture of the moon.

"Riddikulus!" He yelled sternly.

The moon quickly turned into a balloon, whizzing past the students, snapping them from their fear and erupting into laughter as the balloon flew back into the closet.

"Right... Well... That's enough for today." The Professor said to the students.

Before the professor could finish his sentence, Y/N made his way towards the door, leaving the classroom.

"I'll go find him." Hermione said to the two boys in shock as she ran out of the class to chase after Y/N.

-----------------------------------------------

Y/N fast walked through the halls, heading towards the room of requirements. Y/N found it before, in his many years of living in Hogwarts with his grandfather. It was after a fight with his sword master which he first found the room of requirements.

"Y/N!" Hermione yelled from behind him, causing the red-eyed boy to stop in his tracks.

Hermione caught up to him but instead of saying anything, she engulfed him in a hug. Y/N hugged back, burying his face into her neck. Hermione felt something wet touch her neck as she heard soft whimpers from Y/N. She hugged him tightly, wrapping her arms around his neck tighter as he held her closer to him. They both held each other in a comfortable silence as Hermione soothed the crying boy.

After about 10 minutes of them holding each other, Y/N removed his head from Hermione's neck, facing her.

"Thank you..." He thanked her as he pulled out his handkerchief, wiping his eyes.

Hermione gave him a nod, her heart felt as if it was being crushed, seeing this usually expressionless boy cry his heart out. The room full of corpses scared her as much as anyone, seeing herself in his arms, motionless shook her up. But the thing that impacted her the most was the reaction that scene gave the red-eyed boy. The scene in the classroom made her realize something, something that she had never felt before. She loved this boy. She didn't want him to make that pained expression ever again. She wanted to be there for him, at his worse.

"'Mione?" Y/N said her name, snapping her out of her thoughts.

Y/N grabbed her hand as she looked at him silently.

"I want to show you something."

Y/N lead her through the halls, hand in hand. On their way through the hallways, Y/N had explained the room of requirements to her. About how it changes to the needs of the user and how he found it. Y/N lead her in the room. The room changed from being a simple room into a garden. Pink petals flew down from the tall cherry blossoms surrounding a small pond. Y/N took a seat on the small bridge that lead across the pond, swinging his legs as they hovered over the water. He patted next to him as a sign for Hermione to sit next to him.

"About the boggart-" Y/N started, keeping his eyes on a lily pad with a flower on it.

"It's alright Y/N. You don't have to say anything about it." Hermione comforted, scooting closer to Y/N.

"You don't have to find the words to ask me if I'm afraid of you. I don't need you to search for the proof that I am. All the proof you need is right here. Sitting next to you, in this room." Hermione explained.

She rested her head on Y/N's shoulder who rested his head on hers as he placed his hand on top of hers. A comfortable silence covered the room as the two enjoyed each other's presence.

"I don't deserve you..." He whispered, breaking the silence.

"You've treated me in a way that I've never been treated before. I mean- Harry and Ron have also been lovely, but you... You're different..." Y/N said before Hermione could say anything.

Hermione lifted her head from Y/N's shoulder and turned to face him. Y/N looked her in the eyes, thinking to himself how lucky he is to have her. She looked wonderful, with her hair tied up the messy bun. In that moment, she seemed to glow. Love, that's what Y/N was feeling, though he didn't realize it before, his heart was simply young and immature. He had never felt this before, he had read in books that it was a magical feeling though now that he's experiencing it himself, it's so much more. Hermione felt nervous as she stared into his ruby eyes, Y/N had grown more handsome in the time they were split from each other. She wondered what was going through his thoughts. Hermione had noticed how close Y/N would stand next to her whenever they were in class. She felt bubbles in her stomach whenever he'd hold her hand under the tables whenever she was upset. Y/N had been perfect, treating her like a prince would to a princess. 

Y/N snapped Hermione out from her thoughts when he put his hand on her cheek. His hand was warm. She leaned into his touch and they both inched closer together. Hermione closed her eyes as Y/N captured her lips into his own. Their kiss was filling with love and longing. It was sweet, yet deep. They smiled as they parted. Staring back into each other's eyes once again.

"'Mione I-" Y/N whispered, breaking the silence.

Y/N was caught off when Hermione pulled him in once more, pressing her lips onto his. She gently moved her hand to Y/N's head, brushing her hand through his hair as she kissed the boy. Y/N wrapped his arms around her tight, as if she'd disappear if he let go. They separated once more, this time pressing their foreheads together, feeling each other's hot breath. Y/N pressed a small kiss on Hermione's lips once more. It was short but sweet before pulling himself away from her, clearing his throat. Hermione watched his tired eyes, falling deeper in love as he turned back to face her.

"'Mione you've been nothing but kind to me..." He started, grabbing her hands into his.

"I never thought anyone would be capable of wanting me." He continued.

"Well?" Hermione asked, her voice shaking in nervousness.

"I tried desperately to warm up to you... I tried giving you reasons to not be disappointed in me. The moment you told me you weren't scared me, when you told me my eyes were beautiful, I knew I never wanted to let you go... When I saw you petrified last year, I was shattered. I swore to protect you, yet I failed. When you were back, I swore to myself I would never let you get hurt ever again... That's when I realized that I had fallen deeply for you. Hermione Granger, I am in love with you." Y/N said looking down.

"Y/N..." Hermione whispered softly.

This was everything she had ever wanted. Y/N was everything she had wanted. He was gentle and kind.  Not to mention he understood her, he wasn't like Ron who would groan at Hermione's brightness. Y/N wasn't like Harry who would sometimes ignore her tips and would later prove her right. This was Y/N. Y/N L/N. The boy who cried for her when she was petrified. The boy who always dropped her off to her common room, making sure he was safe. The boy who spoke with gentleness, the boy who's rare giggle's made her heart melt whenever she heard it.

"Your voice brings make me feel warm, as if the morning sun had been bottled up and absorbed into my body. Your touch is like a burning flare, I just seem to melt into. You are the light in the dark tunnel I was stuck in." Y/N rambled on, making Hermione's face redder which each word.

Y/N held her hand tighter before raising his head, looking into her chocolate eyes. It was sunset in the room of requirements and the sun was in a perfect position. The light danced around Hermione's brown hair. Y/N took a deep breath, admiring her appearance. She's beautiful. 

Hermione collected her thoughts before finally speaking up.

"Y/N, this is more than I've ever felt before. You're everything that I want and I never thought that I would find someone like you. I know we're still young... I know... But I know now, that I've found the one I love... I want to be the person you show emotions to... There's something about you that makes my skies blue, you brighten up my every day..." Hermione confessed.

With every second that Hermione spoke, Y/N could feel his stomach collecting butterflies. 

"I don't know much about love..." Y/N started.

"But I know that it's what I'm feeling for you. You've heard about my past, you've seen what I can do yet still, still you want me... Every second I spend with you, I feel myself falling deeper and deeper- What I'm trying to say is-" Y/N took a deep breath preparing himself.

Hermione stared into his red eyes. Waiting for his next words with anticipation. She was just as nervous as the H/C haired boy.

"Hermione Jean Granger. Would you please do me the honors of becoming mine? Will you be my girlfriend?" Y/N finished.

Hermione threw her arms around Y/N's neck as a smile grew on both of their faces.