Chapter Three: Secret in the Forest

It was finally the day for everyone to try and cast a Patronus.

"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember." Harry exclaimed as he walked through the group of students.

"Allow it to fill you up. Keep trying, Seamus."

Hermione tried to think of a memory for her Patronus and ended up reliving most of her memories with Y/N. But the one she thought of before summoning her Patronus was when they were in their third year, when she and Y/N sat in the room of requirements and Y/N confessed his love to her.

"Patronus!" She casted before a small otter flew out and went around her and Y/N.

"It's cute." Y/N whispered, smiling.

Hermione's little giggle made his heart melt. Now it was Y/N's turn to think of a memory, instantly he thought of the moment at summer break, in Hermione's house. When the two of them were alone in her room, playing games, watching movies, sharing dumb meaningless conversations and making out. Y/N had a soft smile on his face as he relived that memory.

"Patronus!" Y/N casted, a few blue butterflies flew out of his wand before swarming together and forming an otter.

His butterfly-otter flew towards Hermione's otter, cuddling each other. Hermione blushed knowing what the similar figures meant. Y/N walked towards Hermione and grabbed her hand before placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

"You know, I always thought "forever" was something stupid that romance books made up." Hermione whispered gently to Y/N.

"But I think I've found the true meaning of "forever" with you." 

They smiled softly at each other before their lips touched.

"I love you, Hermione Granger." Y/N said softly.

"I love you too, Y/N L/N." She responded with a smile.

The lovers were snapped out of their moment when the lights suddenly flickered, causing the students in the room to go quiet. The ground shook each time the lights flickered. Hermione grabbed Y/N's hand as they all walked towards the middle of the room. Y/N gripped his free hand on his sword as they stared towards where the sound was coming from. Another grumble came causing the glass on the wall to shatter and break. Harry went towards the hole that was made on the wall.

"I'll make short work of this." They heard Umbridge say from the other side.

She quickly raised her wand.

"Bombarda Maxima." She casted causing an explosion to happen.

Y/N shielded Hermione from the rubble that flew past, earning him a small cut on the cheek which bled a little. Umbridge appeared through the wall along with Filch and some Slytherin students. Malfoy was holding Cho Chang hostage. The students gained their composure and looked towards Umbridge and her crew. Y/N held Hermione in his arms.

"Get them." Umbridge ordered the Slytherin students.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N and Harry were being dragged into Dumbledore's office along with Cho.

"Been watching them for weeks. And see, "Dumbledore's Army" proof of what I've been telling you right from the beginning, Cornelius." Umbridge's annoying voice rang through the quiet room.

Y/N looked towards the man who was pulling him and Harry by the collar to realize it was Percy Weasley. Ron's older brother.

"All your fear-mongering about You-Know-Who never fooled us for a minute. We saw your lies for what they were: A smokescreen for your bid to seize control of the Ministry."

"Naturally." Dumbledore responded calmly.

"No, professor. He had nothing to do with it. It was me." Harry argued.

"We did it on our own accord, Dumbledore didn't even know we were doing that Umbit- Umbridge." Y/N added.

"Excuse me-" Umbridge gasped.

"Slip of the tongue, ma'am. I don't talk often so I stutter a lot." Y/N calmly said.

"Most noble of you, Harry, Y/N, to shield me, but as has been pointed out... the parchment clearly says "Dumbledore's Army." not "Potter and L/N's". I instructed these boys to form this organization." Dumbledore said, covering for the two boys.

"And I, and I alone, am responsible for its activities."

"Dispatch an owl to the Daily Prophet. If we hurry, we should still make the morning edition." Fudge started.

"Dawlish, Shaklebolt, you will escort Dumbledore to Azkaban... to await trial for conspiracy and sedition."

"I don't suppose you hold a cell in Azkaban for Voldem-" Y/N snapped.

"I thought we might hit this little snag." Dumbledore said, cutting Y/N off before walking behind his desk.

"You seem to be laboring under the delusion that I'm going to... What was the phrase? Come quietly. Well I can tell you this; I have no intention of going to Azkaban."