Chapter Two: Memories and Nightmares

"Attention to detail in the preparation is the prerequisite of all planning." Slughorn explained to the class.

Y/N heard a noise and looked towards the door to see a rather tired looking Harry and Ron. Y/N and Hermione arrived to the potions class before them so the two were standing in the front row, listening to the professor explain.

"Ah. Harry, my boy. I was beginning to worry. We've brought someone with us, I see." Slughorn said, turning his attention to the two boys.

Y/N saw this as an opportunity to sneak a little kiss onto Hermione while the professor was distracted. Y/N quickly pulled his girlfriend towards him, making her squeal quietly before he placed a soft kiss onto her lips. Hermione blushed, hitting Y/N with her book playfully on the arm as he giggled.

"Now, as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning." Slughorn continued after telling Harry and Ron to grab books from the cupboard.

"Any ideas what these might be?"

As per usual, before anyone could react, Hermione's arm shot right up.

"Yes, Miss...?" Slughorn asked.

"Granger, sir." Hermione answered, placing her arm back down to hug her book.

She gave Y/N a soft smile before walking towards the potions in the front of the class.

"That one there is Veritaserum. It's a truth-telling serum. And that would be Polyjuice Potion, it's terribly tricky to make. And this is Amortentia... the most powerful love potion in the world." Hermione explained each potion that was in front of the class.

Y/N smiled proudly at Hermione when she turned to look towards the class, giving her more confidence to continue.

"It's rumored to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them..." She said before taking in a deep breath.

"For example, I smell... cherry blossoms, and new parchment, strawberries, and... vanilla cologne." She breathed out before walking back to Y/N.

Her face had gone pink and so did Y/N's. It was no secret that the two were dating but they still managed to blush. Slughorn seemed to notice the two's flushed expression. He put on a kind smile before calling Y/N up to the front.

"Now, to demonstrate how different it is to every person, let's have Mr. L/N tell us what he smells." He said, pulling Y/N to the front.

"Uhm... Sir. I'm sorry, I can't seem to smell anything over Hermione's perfume..." Y/N whispered making the professor chuckle.

Hermione's face was now bright red as she pulled Y/N back to the crowd of students.

"Well, there you have it." Slughorn chuckled.

"Now, Amortentia doesn't create actual love. That would be impossible, though it seems Ms. Granger and Mr. L/N do not lack that, but, it does cause a powerful infatuation or obsession." He continued, making the couple blush even more.

"And for that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room."

Some of the girls started leaning closer to it, curious about the potion before Slughorn plopped the lid back on, startling them a little. Y/N snaked his arms around Hermione's waist from behind, seeing no problem to getting comfy due to the professor's teasing.

"Sir? You haven't told us what's in that one." One of the students pointed out, looking towards a small vial with a golden liquid.

"Oh, yes." The professor confirmed.

"What you see before you, ladies and gentlemen..." He said while unscrewing the potion.

"Is a curious little potion known as Felix Felicis. But it is more commonly referred to as..."